Post-Game Talk: Game #9: Predators @ Canucks | 9:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
After 1 period, the Preds have 9 shots and Sissons has 4 of them. Forsberg has 0. Would not have guessed that.

Reactions: SouthNash

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
TBH with as bad as the ice is we probably would have been better off. At least we would have had fresh ice for what was left :laugh:
Probably would have hit a rut and fallen down with the puck just standing still.

After 1 period, the Preds have 9 shots and Sissons has 4 of them. Forsberg has 0. Would not have guessed that.
That’s Elite Goal Scorer Colton Dougie Sissons!!

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Preds changing skates for the remainder of the game.
IMG_3053.jpeg

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Lankinen definitely isn't playing like it's his first game of the season almost a month in. He looks in midseason form.

Reactions: ShagDaddy

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah but they've had them for a couple of years and haven't done anything either.
Pettersson and Hughes are 24 and just really entering their prime. I think Hronek and their recent coaching change to Tocchet will help solidify them for a couple years. They're 20-12-4 under Tocchet (100 pt pace). Its a small sample but a playoff pace is pretty good for a team that has only qualified 2 times in the last 10 seasons.

Went to bed when it was 2-1, woke up this morning and saw the final score, Oh well. :(
Did the same thing. I get up at 4AM EST for work so these late start times kill me.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Kindof neat what having a couple players of Hughes, Pettersson, and even Millers caliber can do for a team.
Josi > Hughes, Forsberg and Saros are in the same caliber category as those guys. Plus the Canucks have had all of those guys and missed the playoffs the last 3 years straight. The sum of all the parts is more important than the names of the 3 best players. Every team has 3 best players. But hockey is a team game. They have a better team than us, not 3 better players.

Meanwhile, speaking of players... now we've played the Canucks twice already, and although I checked out early last night, I can't say I have seen anything from Garland that changes my mind about downvoting him as a potential trade target. :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Josi > Hughes, Forsberg and Saros are in the same caliber category as those guys. Plus the Canucks have had all of those guys and missed the playoffs the last 3 years straight. The sum of all the parts is more important than the names of the 3 best players. Every team has 3 best players. But hockey is a team game. They have a better team than us, not 3 better players.

Meanwhile, speaking of players... now we've played the Canucks twice already, and although I checked out early last night, I can't say I have seen anything from Garland that changes my mind about downvoting him as a potential trade target. :dunno:

Pettersson is without a doubt better than Forsberg was at his age (24) and is still getting better. He is better now as well.

Demko isnt a big step back from saros (except for last season when he was buns but he has stepped back up this season). Saros has been more stable from season to seasonm

Josi didnt start breaking out offensively till 13-14 when he was 23. He hit 40 points in 72 games. Hughes bested that at age 20 and has been steadily improving his all around game since. If he gets his defense lined out, he will be better than Josi.

Id pass on Garland as well. He isnt showing anything this season that makes me think he is a better solution than what we have in house.

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad