Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - Kings stun B's in last second of OT - LA 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The no calls are frustrating, but they let a lot go. Fine.

That Bergeron call in OT? Junk. Pure junk. Doughty's stick hits Bergeron's stick on the follow thru, and they call that a penalty. For as much as they let go tonight, for them to be up in arms about THAT???? Garbage.

I thought the officiating was poor tonight. The slashing call on Chara in the 1st, so Chara is penalized for being heavier and using a very stiff stick, because there was minimal swing on the supposed slash.

And I still don't know how the hit on Nash wasn't called. Baffling but par for the course in today's NHL.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought the officiating was poor tonight. The slashing call on Chara in the 1st, so Chara is penalized for being heavier and using a very stiff stick, because there was minimal swing on the supposed slash.

And I still don't know how the hit on Nash wasn't called. Baffling but par for the course in today's NHL.

Honestly the Chara slash I didn't have a problem with. He chopped the stick in half. Penalty every single time.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Krug on pace for a -82 season.. well done Hobbit

Krug's give away on the 1st goal was bad enough but for him to ice the puck with a second left and no pressure on him is just plain stupid.
Besides that, great game. Bruins will be fine when everything comes together. Any thoughts on Postma's play?? I thought he looked pretty good again tonight. Rask was incredible tonight, great goaltending at both ends..

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
A shame but a nice lesson for the kids.
Worst game i’ve Ever seen Krug play, just atrocious all night. And the same for the officiating, some disgusting (non) calls.

Oh well, I liked what I saw from the kids. Rask deserved better.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Krug's give away on the 1st goal was bad enough but for him to ice the puck with a second left and no pressure on him is just plain stupid.
Besides that, great game. Bruins will be fine when everything comes together. Any thoughts on Postma's play?? I thought he looked pretty good again tonight. Rask was incredible tonight, great goaltending at both ends..
He has been surprisingly solid . He isn’t flashy but plays a safe , smart game . He knows his limits . A defenceman who doesn’t understand his limitations ( Dennis Wideman ?) can really hurt you on the backend .

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Lots of positives tonight even with the results, but I will say the one thing that really irked me was the lack of response from this team in regards to the Nash hit, Tuukka getting ran twice, etc.

I get it's 3 on 3 OT and someone like Miller isn't going to be out there, but some type of response needs to happen there.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
He has been surprisingly solid . He isn’t flashy but plays a safe , smart game . He knows his limits . A defenceman who doesn’t understand his limitations ( Dennis Wideman ?) can really hurt you on the backend .

All due respect but how can you say Krug plays a safe smart game when he's responsible for both goals?? First goal was a giveaway by Krug and the last goal was cause he iced the puck with a second left when it was absolutely not nessacary. HOW is that safe, smart or anything else but stupid??

Reactions: missingchicklet

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Honestly the Chara slash I didn't have a problem with. He chopped the stick in half. Penalty every single time.

it was a slash for sure but linesman missed an icing on that play..Kopitar was perhaps 10 feet before the centre line when he iced it...and Chara had position so was easily an icing..I think Z was surprised it wasnt called

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Lots of positives tonight even with the results, but I will say the one thing that really irked me was the lack of response from this team in regards to the Nash hit, Tuukka getting ran twice, etc.

I get it's 3 on 3 OT and someone like Miller isn't going to be out there, but some type of response needs to happen there.
I think if they had responded to the Nash hit, it may have made a difference. LA stepped up the physicality and most of the Bruins did not respond in kind.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
All due respect but how can you say Krug plays a safe smart game when he's responsible for both goals?? First goal was a giveaway by Krug and the last goal was cause he iced the puck with a second left when it was absolutely not nessacary. HOW is that safe, smart or anything else but stupid??
I wasn’t talking about Krug . You asked what people thought of Postma .

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Yeah your right, in today's NHL it is called every time.

Part I disagree with is the stick breaking being an automatic penalty. If those were two aluminum sticks that never happens, but in the age of feather-light composites (seriously the new Bauer Vapor is under 400 grams, which is insane) you basically can't come down hard at all from above, as we saw tonight even with minimal back-swing it can slice through an opponents stick.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
When I watch Pasta in OT I understand why Julien didn't like him in OT . He is horrid in man to man coverage . He seems to almost not worry about man to man at all. When he gets on the ice I figure there is a good chance the game is going to end soon one way or the other .

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Krug had one gaffe and played overall good imo.

I thought the team as a whole looked very good. Kings are tough. One of the better teams early this year. I would have signed up for 3 outta 4 points these past two.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Perfectly played, you have to tip your hat to them. I was watching the intermission of the Oilers and Caps game and Krypreos (sp) and Hrudy claim there was only one play there and couldn’t understand how Rask didn’t know that. What I find surprising is that here are two guys who played the game and cannot figure out there were actually two plays there, one that they made and also one with a shot directly on net from the Center man, which is the one I thought they would do because of the little time they had. Not sure how these people keep their jobs really. Rask had to play the shot from the Center man first.

Reactions: ProdigalFan

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Am I the only one that thought the ref should have just let that icing call go to end the game and start the shootout? I was stunned they blew that somewhat early and at all to be honest...

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Perfectly played, you have to tip your hat to them. I was watching the intermission of the Oilers and Caps game and Krypreos (sp) and Hrudy claim there was only one play there and couldn’t understand how Rask didn’t know that. What I find surprising is that here are two guys who played the game and cannot figure out there were actually two plays there, one that they made and also one with a shot directly on net from the Center man, which is the one I thought they would do because of the little time they had. Not sure how these people keep their jobs really. Rask had to play the shot from the Center man first.
Agree I didn't think there was enough time for,anything but the center man shot.Never watched the replay so not sure if that was what Pasta was thinking on the draw.

Reactions: BBB24

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1