Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - Kings stun B's in last second of OT - LA 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Okay Rask was fantastic tonight hands down. However he was caught sleeping on that last goal. Yes it was a clean win off the draw but that was classic Rask, over confident, lazy, bad attitude. He's paid to play the full game. PERIOD.

PASTA not off the hook gotta tie up there.

Krug. Well IMO bad game having a rough start to the year but still #1 trade bait for DS. Time to move on..and not just because.of tonifjt.

Reactions: Strafer

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
also...seems like this is the second straight game Pasta has looked...off.

trying to do too much or I dont know...he just seems off.

It happens with him for a stretch. Tries to do too much, then snaps out of it and scores in a bunch of games and everyone forgets.

I'm fine with someone trying to do too much, rather than floating.

Reactions: Wack Edwards

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There is no way that the puck is dropped and back to the shooter who drills it into the net in 0.9 seconds. The TD clock operator caused the Bruins a chance in the shootout.

I thought the same thing so I went back and slow mo'd it several times. Clock started right on time and the puck went in before time ran out. It was legit, as hard as it is to believe.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
that was just a putrid effort by stripes in the OT...just awful..

He didnt even have his arm up on the so called Bergy penalty until after Rask was run over...a call completely pulled out of his ass...and then Rask gets run again with no call...embarrassing for NHL

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Meh it's hockey, have no issue with guy driving the net. We did it a few times as well. They lost this game on a perfect play. Learn and move on.

No one has an issue with guys driving the net but you have to avoid running the goalie. That said, those weren't even the worst calls. Pasta was blatantly interfered with, the puck was long gone from his stick and nowhere near him.

Reactions: Bruin4Life

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The Kings are about as good as they will be all season and the Bruins almost beat them . The young guns will continue to get better as the season moves along and with a healthy Krejci it will be a different story come February or March . Tonight’s game convinced me this team is going to be okay .

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts too. Missing some key players and we took a really good team to OT, while getting screwed by the refs.

This team has some growing pains to go through, but I'm pretty optimistic that they'll be a better team in the 2nd half of the season.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NHL Network guys talking about how Tuukka looked "a little on edge" there at the end. Do ya think?? :laugh:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Takes two seconds on faketrumptweet.com to capture the stupidity of folks blaming Rask tonight. Try again son.

Also, do you know what a gif is?
As a guy thats been known to get on Rask I will say this was one of his better games in a long long time. Solid

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Still seem upset father. 7 mil goalie with 1 win under his belt and below .9 save percentage is a tough pill to swallow.

God forbid he played two bad games at the beginning of the season. Guess he sucks.

Look at Carey Prices stats right now. Look at Lundqvist's. Guess they are trash overpaid too.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I thought the same thing so I went back and slow mo'd it several times. Clock started right on time and the puck went in before time ran out. It was legit, as hard as it is to believe.

Only that's not true. No way the puck gets to toffoli in 0.0 seconds (full 0.9 left on the clock here)

Attachments

• IMG_20171028_220454.jpg
    IMG_20171028_220454.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 20

Amorphis

Oct 15, 2005
Boston
In an odd way, I was almost relieved the Kings won to avoid having this game go to an excruciating shootout. Bruins had more than their fair share of chances in OT and came away empty.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The no calls are frustrating, but they let a lot go. Fine.

That Bergeron call in OT? Junk. Pure junk. Doughty's stick hits Bergeron's stick on the follow thru, and they call that a penalty. For as much as they let go tonight, for them to be up in arms about THAT???? Garbage.
Agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad