GDT: Game 81: Red Wings vs habs 7:00 pm et 4/15/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I am certain the Wings will make it, and ppl will look back at this game, but that point against Pitts was so huge.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I've seen more emotional wins. I've seen wins on bigger stages. But tonight may be the most unbelievable Wings game since the 7-0 Game 7 win over Colorado.

Haha, or just since the Leafs two days ago. What a wild and crazy ride down the stretch. Wherever this haunted mine ride on steroids ends up, you can't say it was boring to watch.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
you might be rooting for the Wings to win a little bit, but I bet you're hoping just a little harder for a Hutson hattie, and those two events are probably mutually exclusive
Actually I am happy with the DET win, just wished it was in regulation haha happy with Lane's game but tomorrow it's a must win for DET again, will root for you guys in PO

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
What. A. Finish. Everybody f***in loves Raymond.

For all we know, our hearts will be devastatingly crushed tomorrow even if we win because Philly will pull a total stinker against the Caps in typical Flyers fashion

I know I'm being a downer :cry:

Reactions: DatsDeking

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Wings might not make the playoffs but it's been an awesome ride this past month. I think the biggest positive to come out of this is raymond is turning into a bonafide superstar that shows up in the biggest moments. That is soooo huge for this franchise going forward

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Moreover, starting Reimer in the playoffs would have me worried about next season. If you start Reimer, you’re saying he’s your guy and now you probably re-sign him, right? And Lyon and Husso are already signed.

I can't imagine a planet, here for on the Moon (which is superior to our primitive Earth), where Yzerman doesn't aggressively look for another goalie in the off-season.

We're stuck with Husso's contract for a season, but Lyon's deal is cheap enough to not think about. Free agent options are pretty bad again so another mid round pick trade? Neddy didn't stick. Husso either. 3rd time, that's the charm one right? Jacob Markstrom is a guy to keep an eye on, in my opinion.

Or does this accelerate Cossa during next season? He's looking like the better goalie in GR by a good margin now.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Damn Boston just logged out. Played their worst game of the season, and sending a GIFT for Capitals.

1713243938631.png

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That net is not empty, that net is packed.
EVery team has pathetic games like those vs. Arizona. Not worth worrying about because Wings werem't going to get a point those nights and others. The SJ SHG-palooza game stands out as points thrown away but that was a long time ago. The points lost Iate in the season that really stand out to me are the games vs. VGK and Nasvhille, where they played great and were tied late, but lost on bad bounces that led to winning goals by Marchessault and Forsberg. Those hurt.
I think the game vs the caps. We had and should win that game, or at least get a point. I think they did a poor job of scouting the caps.
I don't remember a single hit, neither a single deflection attempt.
What. A. Finish. Everybody f***in loves Raymond.

For all we know, our hearts will be devastatingly crushed tomorrow even if we win because Philly will pull a total stinker against the Caps in typical Flyers fashion

I know I'm being a downer :cry:
Philly lost a lot of games lately, but have won last 2. Caps defeated the Bruins tonight. They suddenly can play defence. But the flyers can also play defence.
We have to win our game or at least get a point, but since the Pens are in competition we most probably have to win.
I think the game tonight will be a bit easier as Raymond is red hot and DeBrincat is getting hot. Larkin and Kane are producing.
We need a bit help from bottom lines.
Edvidsson had some bad luck tonight.

As for the goalies. I think it's easier to overcome 1 soft goal than 2 softish ones. The team wins more with Reimer in net. If Reimer wins tonight and we make playoffs, I would start Reimer in net.
We will be lucky and happy if we can win 2 games in playoffs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ooh, I like this game! My turn!

Check their record in January and tell me they're a bad team.

Can I play too? Check out their 19-20 record and tell me we are bad this year!

I can't imagine a planet, here for on the Moon (which is superior to our primitive Earth), where Yzerman doesn't aggressively look for another goalie in the off-season.

We're stuck with Husso's contract for a season, but Lyon's deal is cheap enough to not think about. Free agent options are pretty bad again so another mid round pick trade? Neddy didn't stick. Husso either. 3rd time, that's the charm one right? Jacob Markstrom is a guy to keep an eye on, in my opinion.

Or does this accelerate Cossa during next season? He's looking like the better goalie in GR by a good margin now.

We've done the 3rd round pick for a hopeful, so I hope for a better upgrade than that. Maybe Ullmark out of Boston?

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Still up watching awood40s highlights...
The guy gave me a bad wake up today.

Went to bed after the second period (3 am), hoped for the comeback kids and a video from awood in the morning. Get up at 7.30 started youtube and only the post game comments and the sportsnet video in the recommandation.
Made a coffee and watched the sportsnet video, what a joy in the end and a total turn around of my mood for the day.

Let's go tonight.

Reactions: dalem177

AussieWings

Oct 12, 2018
Melbourne
Six years I've been watching hockey. Mostly trash hockey, since the Red Wings were trash for the vast majority of that period.

I have never been as invested and excited as I was during this game.

Our trajectory on the up and I'll enjoy this ride for however long it lasts (quite probably less than 24 hours), and then I'm eager to see bigger and better next year.

PS: Stupid Bruins. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad