GDT: Game 81: Red Wings vs habs 7:00 pm et 4/15/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Check their last 25 game record and tell me they're a good team.

I mean you aren't really wrong but also i'm kinda confused what your point even is

nobody expects the Wings to win in the first round but what's the alternative at this point? picking 15th instead of 17th? might as well get some Playoff games for Raymond etc at that point even if you do get swept or whatever

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I haven't been as hard on Lyon as most, I remember when he was playing extremely well, we beat Buffalo with an outstanding performance out of him. We only lost to the caps 2-1 with him in net, that's not on him.

We aren't here right now without the games Lyon stole for us during his hot streak and the game against the Sabres.

He kinda sucked tonight but we still won and he kept them off the board in the 3rd. I wouldn't hate starting Lyon in game 1 if it came down to it.
When Lyon was struggling a couple times this season, the Wings always gave him chances to get going again and take the starter’s net back, which he did. Going with Reimer in the playoffs would be a departure from how Detroit has handled their goalies.

Moreover, starting Reimer in the playoffs would have me worried about next season. If you start Reimer, you’re saying he’s your guy and now you probably re-sign him, right? And Lyon and Husso are already signed. Which means 3 goalies again. And, just, no. To that idea I hope Yzerman reads this, because I’m posting it as hard as I can…

IMG_0950.jpeg

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Check their last 25 game record and tell me they're a good team.
We might make the playoffs. We might not. We understand our performance the last 25 games. You’re not teaching anyone anything. There’s no right or wrong. We understand facts.

But this is our biggest win in a lot of years. And you’re in here being a dickhead. Let us enjoy the win.

*Edited so it doesn’t get deleted.

Last edited:

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
The timing of Lyon’s GA are always such daggers. End of period, goals in bunches, after a huge goal to tie. He finds ways to lose no matter the shots against
You spelled Reimer wrong.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
When Lyon was struggling a couple times this season, the Wings always gave him chances to get going again and take the starter’s net back, which he did. Going with Reimer in the playoffs would be a departure from how Detroit has handled their goalies.

Moreover, starting Reimer in the playoffs would have me worried about next season. If you start Reimer, you’re saying he’s your guy and now you probably re-sign him, right? And Lyon and Husso are already signed. Which means 3 goalies again. And, just, no. To that idea I hope Yzerman reads this, because I’m posting it as hard as I can…

View attachment 852516
I can see that you are transmitting rage.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I was calling for Ghost's head earlier this season but after this game I wouldn't mind seeing him back, especially with Edvinsson on the roster to solidify the second pair.

Guy elevated his game when needed.
He’s great in the right role for the right money. I mean he has 50+ points that’s nothing to sneeze at. Still don’t understand what walman did to be a scratch. He should be playing and Petry should be out. Don’t give a flying f*** about shot hands when the talent difference is that big

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Philly makes it if Detroit loses tomorrow, because they have the tiebreaker over Washington via goal differential.

So the game matters for them. Hopefully they come out swinging and wreck Washington.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

View attachment 852516
I don’t think you are saying reimer is your guy at all. Look how awful Lyon has been it’s easily justified to start reimer for playoffs. Detroit had 90 shot attempts tonight and Lyon let in 4 of 6 chances he faced tonight. The fact they had that many attempts and gave up that little it’s ridiculous we needed 5 to win

Reactions: 14ari13

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
At the beginning of the year I thought we would be much improved and get about 90 points. It wouldn’t be enough to get us to the playoffs but a great season compared to what we were used to. I wonder if we looked back on the year and could find a point that we threw away. Oh well. One game left and we have a shot

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
At the beginning of the year I thought we would be much improved and get about 90 points. It wouldn’t be enough to get us to the playoffs but a great season compared to what we were used to. I wonder if we looked back on the year and could find a point that we threw away. Oh well. One game left and we have a shot
2 Arizona games come to mind…. But every team could find games like that

Reactions: HoweFan and 14ari13

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I can think of at least 6 games where Detroit threw away points. I think someone said in another thread that Detroit had the 3rd worst March of any team in a playoff position to start the month.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Exactly my thinking.

I couldn’t care less if they get stomped 7-0 every game in a 4 game sweep. I just want to actually see a damn playoff game, regardless of the results
And the bourbon? And holy crap. Are PO Plausible Keats the same as regular season Plausible Keats? Let's hope I have to find out.

Reactions: DatsDeking

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Exactly my thinking.

I couldn’t care less if they get stomped 7-0 every game in a 4 game sweep. I just want to actually see a damn playoff game, regardless of the results

At the very least see how the likes of Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson... even an older Larkin would fare in a playoff scenario.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don’t think you are saying reimer is your guy at all. Look how awful Lyon has been it’s easily justified to start reimer for playoffs. Detroit had 90 shot attempts tonight and Lyon let in 4 of 6 chances he faced tonight. The fact they had that many attempts and gave up that little it’s ridiculous we needed 5 to win
Given how each of the four goals tonight were scored by the Habs, I’m not worried about Lyon. Nothing he could do on at least a couple of those, and not much he could do on the rest. Most were massive defensive breakdowns, which is what I’m worried about with this team far more than Lyon.

Meanwhile, Reimer is good for at least one goal a game that is easily stopped by a beer leaguer. The kind of goals that truly deflate a team, making them feel like they have to change their game to cover up for the goaltending. And that’s kinda been a staple of Reimer’s career.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
How are yall holding up, over here? Comes down to tomorrow. Hopefully you get a win and Philly does too.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013

EVery team has pathetic games like those vs. Arizona. Not worth worrying about because Wings werem't going to get a point those nights and others. The SJ SHG-palooza game stands out as points thrown away but that was a long time ago. The points lost Iate in the season that really stand out to me are the games vs. VGK and Nasvhille, where they played great and were tied late, but lost on bad bounces that led to winning goals by Marchessault and Forsberg. Those hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad