GDT: Game 81: Put Us Out Of Our Misery, Already: Avs @ Golden Knights, 1:30pm MST

Why do you keep watching Avalanche hockey?

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why are we still talking about Kadri? That was TWO f*cking years ago. It doesn't matter anymore.

If we didn't win the cup 2022 some ppl would still say it's because we traded ROR!

Us struggeling has nothing to do with Kadri not being here, it's because we refuse to pay for an (at least) average NHL goalie. Not all of our struggles are on Geo, but it starts with him. And at least for this season we won't be able to change that.

Btw, only getting 2 shots after the 2nd period is kind of brutal as well. Which is a pitty because the first 40 were actually pretty good, but playing a "full60" is something the Avs haven't done all season, so why start now?

I hate this f*cking team right now.
A better goalie would cost more which Avs really can’t afford. Would you give 5 mill to Kuemper? Somehow I don’t think he would be the answer either. A really good goalie would be too expensive and Avs just can’t afford to pay a goalie too much money

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
A better goalie would cost more which Avs really can’t afford. Would you give 5 mill to Kuemper? Somehow I don’t think he would be the answer either. A really good goalie would be too expensive and Avs just can’t afford to pay a goalie too much money
Kuemper wasn't the answer, neither was Grubauer. But still better then what we have right now.

We pay a fortune for our overrated D-Core. And our wingers. It will get even worse with Toews new contract, a possible Landy return or a Miko raise (if they decide to keep him and his 12+ salary).

If they have another early exit this year, which, let's face it, is very likely, changes will happen. And they have to start in net.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Please just stop with the overreliance on Georgiev. Also, trade him in the summer.

Been crap all season, below .900 and expected to give up 3+ goals a night. Simply a bad player at this point.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kuemper wasn't the answer, neither was Grubauer. But still better then what we have right now.

We pay a fortune for our overrated D-Core. And our wingers. It will get even worse with Toews new contract, a possible Landy return or a Miko raise (if they decide to keep him and his 12+ salary).

If they have another early exit this year, which, let's face it, is very likely, changes will happen. And they have to start in net.
We won the cup with this d core and wingers. The problem is team defense and goaltending this year. Also a lot of new players. Since the start of this season we had new guys like RyJo, Tatar, Drouin, then had to get rid of RyJo and Tatar and bring in Duhaime, Trenin, Mittelstadt, Walker. Brought in Parise too.

Something that goes unnoticed, but we still don’t have a captain because we don’t know if Landy is ever gonna play again. Add to all of this a goalie that’s struggling, and you can see why it doesn’t look good. Im really not that surprised

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
We won the cup with this d core and wingers. The problem is team defense and goaltending this year. Also a lot of new players. Since the start of this season we had new guys like RyJo, Tatar, Drouin, then had to get rid of RyJo and Tatar and bring in Duhaime, Trenin, Mittelstadt, Walker. Brought in Parise too.

Something that goes unnoticed, but we still don’t have a captain because we don’t know if Landy is ever gonna play again. Add to all of this a goalie that’s struggling, and you can see why it doesn’t look good. Im really not that surprised
Nuke was making about 2mil, Lehki was way cheaper and Makar, iirc, was still still on his ELC. And because of that we had all the depth in the world. All 3 (+ Manson) got new contracts which led to the cap crunch the Avs are in since then. What worked back then simply doesn't work anymore. And it will only get worse.

This year (and probably next as well) are our last two "legit" shots to win it all. After that it will get way more difficult as it already is. And, at least for now, i got a baaad feeling about that.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
There was a time this season when I thought this could be the chance for a repeat. Then Fourgiev happened.
I even saw this with the moves at the TDL and the way this team played afterwards.. And then all hell broke lose. Thanks for MVP-Mac who concealed many things.

There is only one bullet left: Give the net to Anunnen and go with him, no matter what. Maybe he can hold the fort good enough to give this team a chance to win.

What will happen? Bednar goes with Georgiev in Game 1 and Georgie will be pulled within the 1st period. Playoff-Hockey, playoff atmosphere, a tight arena in Winnipeg and a loud crowd against you.... What on earth can go wrong with Georgiev who is mentally done.....:lightningbolt:scared:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I even saw this with the moves at the TDL and the way this team played afterwards.. And then all hell broke lose. Thanks for MVP-Mac who concealed many things.

There is only one bullet left: Give the net to Anunnen and go with him, no matter what. Maybe he can hold the fort good enough to give this team a chance to win.

What will happen? Bednar goes with Georgiev in Game 1 and Georgie will be pulled within the 1st period. Playoff-Hockey, playoff atmosphere, a tight arena in Winnipeg and a loud crowd against you.... What on earth can go wrong with Georgiev who is mentally done.....:lightningbolt:scared:
I doubt they will even entertain the idea. If it was an option they wouldn´t play Georgiev every chanche they get no matter how piss poor he plays.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Kuemper had a bad habit of letting in some really soft goals, but for some reason I was waaaaaay more confident with him in goal than I am with Georgiev
The body language on Kuemper suggested that he wanted to forget that one. He just skated away after a goal and came back on the net like just reset. With Georgiev he will look pissed or stare at something with empty eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: katfude

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The body language on Kuemper suggested that he wanted to forget that one. He just skated away and came back on the net like just reset. With Georgiev he will look pissed or stare at something with empty eyes.
+ we had Franky as Back-Up, who was, at that time, a proven and capable Backup. I mean, that guy swept Edmonton ffs.

It hurts to say, but we are now sitting in the same boat as Edmonton: Our starter is done and all our hopes are on a rookie with no playoff-Experience.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
+ we had Franky as Back-Up, who was, at that time, a proven and capable Backup. I mean, that guy swept Edmonton ffs.

It hurts to say, but we are now sitting in the same boat as Edmonton.

I wish we were in the same boat as Edmonton. Oilers slap us around in the playoffs if we meet. 4giev would crumble under the might of McDrai while MacK would breakdown under the weight of Darnell Nurse.

Last edited:

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I wish we were in the same boat as Edmonton. Oilers slap is around in the playoffs of we meet. 4giev would crumble under the might of McDrai while MacK would breakdown under the weight of Darnell Nurse.

Seriously. Edmonton is actually pretty good at defending this year. They allow much fewer goals against with goaltending that on paper shouldn't be any better than our own.

Reactions: missionAvs

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I really wonder when Mac explodes regarding Georgiev...... If this no-shows continue in the playoffs, i really can see Mac going berzerk on Georgie..... :pullhair: :D

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I really wonder when Mac explodes regarding Georgiev...... If this no-shows continue in the playoffs, i really can see Mac going berzerk on Georgie..... :pullhair: :D

4giev slashes MacK and MacK throws Garland's helmet at 4giev. That way they're both using their weapons of choice.

Reactions: katfude

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
4giev slashes MacK and MacK throws Garland's helmet at 4giev. That way they're both using their weapons of choice.
giphyff.gif

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yeah but in order to give Naz the long term, they had to do more than not retain EJ, and that would have been trading Girard which would be the right move.

We won the cup without Girard, and the guy always gets hurt near or during playoffs. Look at what Naz is doing in Calgary and what he did for the Avs in the cup season. Avs management was too worried about Kadri’s age and giving him the term. Who cares what would happen 6 or 7 years from now, we could have still had Kadri performing at high level for another 3 or 4 years at least
How is he always hurt during the playoffs? Isn't the only playoff time he missed, was during the cup run?

The better move would have been to trade Compher and used that money for Kadri. That POS ended up walking for nothing in return anyway.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Naz wasn't the only thing we had during our cup run, and in fact we had Naz other times, too. The only thing that we had on our cup run that we didn't have any other years was Avs legend Nico Sturm. All this talk of Naz, when Nico was the real hero. This core has never won a cup without him. Fold the franchise. Fire Bednar. Kick CMac to the curb. LTIRetire Makar. Trade MacKinnon to Salt Lake.

:sarcasm:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yeah but in order to give Naz the long term, they had to do more than not retain EJ, and that would have been trading Girard which would be the right move.

We won the cup without Girard, and the guy always gets hurt near or during playoffs. Look at what Naz is doing in Calgary and what he did for the Avs in the cup season. Avs management was too worried about Kadri’s age and giving him the term. Who cares what would happen 6 or 7 years from now, we could have still had Kadri performing at high level for another 3 or 4 years at least
We agree. Kadri needed to be resigned. Girard could have been traded as well.

But keeping EJ was a stupid move. (Yeah, yeah, loyalty and all that..... At least Elway and Manning knew when it was time to hang the cleats up.)

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Can’t believe we got rid of Byram, Cmac is an actual idiot
Funny take.

I believe that I was one of the first on here to say that mitts has been merely ok. That statement still stands true imo. But people need to remember, Nuke took how long to adjust? Drouin took how long to adjust? People are very impatient. I’d get it if this was the playoffs but at least afford him the opportunity to crap the bed when it matters instead of over the last handful of regular season games. And Byram, well let’s just say I am very skeptical that he’d have turned the defence around at this time lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad