GDT: Game 81: Put Us Out Of Our Misery, Already: Avs @ Golden Knights, 1:30pm MST

Why do you keep watching Avalanche hockey?

• Total voters

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Vegas had 4 high danger chances in this game at even strength. FOUR. They had 6 overall if you include their PPs.

The Avalanche played a defensive game as close to perfect as you can ask and that's including on the penalty kill and Georgiev STILL gave up 4 goals.

You can't defend him. You just can't. I don't give a flying f*** if Cale Makar took the wrong route on the 1st goal. This f***ing sieve can't make a save for this team when they need it. He is part of the team. He is letting the team down. Do we need every single player on the team to make the perfect defensive play on every single shift? So everyone needs to turn into prime Guy Carbonneau, Patrice Bergeron, Jeri Lehtinen, Nick Lidstrom and Chris Pronger on the ice at all times?

I was SO excited for the playoffs post-TDL and now I just want this season to be over. If there was a less than zero chance, I would give us that at advancing past the 1st round. Helleybuck is going to embarrass the Avs and show Georgiev what a real goaltender looks like.

Just be done with the season already.

22 goals let up in 5 games

• Haha
Reactions: Tommy Shelby

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Or Georgiev flinching glove side to get beat blocker side on a clean wrist shot for the 3rd goal.
I'm with you..... Can't blame the defense today? How was it that Hertl had inside position to deflect the puck on the 3rd goal?

How is it that Makar was caught flat footed on the OT goal letting the Vegas shooter walk in?

None of that would have happened if Makar hadn't partially fanned on the clearing pass at the start of the OT. Vegas easily knocked it down and kept possession in the zone all the time until OT the goal was scored.

I can always blame the defense....... But a solid NHL goalie not suffering from paranoia and lack of confidence would have shut the door with a 3 - 0 lead.

Just put him in the press box.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
What makes you think I was trolling? I'm not an Avs hater, trust me I dislike Vegas way more but it simply blows my mind that Georgiev was given the start today after the shit show at Ball arena yesterday.

I honestly think the only way you're gonna have a chance to make it past Winnipeg is if Bednar has the balls to start Annunen and bench Georgiev for the rest of the season. Hellebyuck is probably the best goalie in the West, so below average goaltending isn't gonna cut it.

Annunen, for as little as he's played has good numbers and is more talented. Yes, he lacks experience but sometimes you gotta take the gamble...
Patrick Roy 1986

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Fourgiev is actually trending on twitter for me. I didn't realize that moniker existed outside of hf.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Biggest mistake was letting Kadri go. Should have traded Girard and resigned Naz, and then they didn’t have to trade Byram
If we’re going down wrong move rabbit holes not re-signing Nuke in summer 2021 is on there. We might’ve locked him up long term for 3-3.5 million and been able to afford a 5-6 million actual starter if we’d signed him when he was a 40pt forechecking monster tweener

Kadri yea maybe if you lock him up that summer you so well but he also might not have that monster season without the contract year and it all could’ve gone differently

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Biggest mistake was letting Kadri go. Should have traded Girard and resigned Naz, and then they didn’t have to trade Byram
How does that solve our biggest problem? Kadri and Byram here, and Girard and Mittelstadt not here means we still have a pathetic f***ing loser in goal. Honest to god I don't even think he could be a backup for half the teams in this league. I think in maximum 2 years his NHL career is over.

Some GM might take a chance on him in a platoon role this Summer but that's about it. He's a dogshit goalie, clearly looks to be a dogshit teammate, and I can't wait for the day I never have to watch this pathetic "goalie" play for the Avalanche again.

Reactions: The Moops

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I'm with you..... Can't blame the defense today? How was it that Hertl had inside position to deflect the puck on the 3rd goal?

How is it that Makar was caught flat footed on the OT goal letting the Vegas shooter walk in?

None of that would have happened if Makar hadn't partially fanned on the clearing pass at the start of the OT. Vegas easily knocked it down and kept possession in the zone all the time until OT the goal was scored.

I can always blame the defense....... But a solid NHL goalie not suffering from paranoia and lack of confidence would have shut the door with a 3 - 0 lead.

Just put him in the press box.
Out of the organization...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Agree. But the key wrong move was retaining EJ.
Yeah but in order to give Naz the long term, they had to do more than not retain EJ, and that would have been trading Girard which would be the right move.

We won the cup without Girard, and the guy always gets hurt near or during playoffs. Look at what Naz is doing in Calgary and what he did for the Avs in the cup season. Avs management was too worried about Kadri’s age and giving him the term. Who cares what would happen 6 or 7 years from now, we could have still had Kadri performing at high level for another 3 or 4 years at least

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I can't get behind anyone who says they want the season to end. I want the team to find their confidence and start to win games.

I get the panicking to an extent. But when the post-season starts everyone is at 0G 0 A. Series take a life their own. Our issues are mostly mental rn, this team can be better, way better.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How does that solve our biggest problem? Kadri and Byram here, and Girard and Mittelstadt not here means we still have a pathetic f***ing loser in goal. Honest to god I don't even think he could be a backup for half the teams in this league. I think in maximum 2 years his NHL career is over.

Some GM might take a chance on him in a platoon role this Summer but that's about it. He's a dogshit goalie, clearly looks to be a dogshit teammate, and I can't wait for the day I never have to watch this pathetic "goalie" play for the Avalanche again.
Fixing goaltending shouldn’t be hard. Georgiev only has one more year on his contract even if they don’t get rid of him next year which they probably will.

But what if Mittelstadt doesn’t work out in Colorado as the 2C? Then not only we lost Byram but gotta go shopping for a new 2C. Should have just kept Naz. We needed Naz whole a lot more than we need Girard

Yes? At least at this point he is. Annunen hasn't really proven anything. He's looked fine against bad teams and bad against good teams.
Can’t argue with Annunen being inexperienced, but at this point I’d give him the net regardless.

Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Fixing goaltending shouldn’t be hard. Georgiev only has one more year on his contract even if they don’t get rid of him next year which they probably will.

But what if Mittelstadt doesn’t work out in Colorado as the 2C? Then not only we lost Byram but gotta go shopping for a new 2C. Should have just kept Naz. We needed Naz whole a lot more than we need Girard

Can’t argue with Annunen being inexperienced, but at this point I’d give him the net regardless.
If fixing goaltending wasn't hard, Georgiev would not be starting for the Avalanche right now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean it's not like Byrams lighting it up over there. He's playing at a 38pt pace and hasn't been great defensively.

And Mitts looks like every player that joins the Avs. Inconsistent and going through a learning curve. He'll be fine in the long term I'm sure of it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean it's not like Byrams lighting it up over there. He's playing at a 38pt pace and hasn't been great defensively.

And Mitts looks like every player that joins the Avs. Inconsistent and going through a learning curve. He'll be fine in the long term I'm sure of it.
I think he will be fine too, but there is still a chance he won’t. For a cup contender like the Avs, the smart move would have been resigning Kadri. A proven 2C who was actually playing at 1C level and still doing it on a bad team like Calgary. Not resigning Naz is probably one of top mistakes this organization has ever made

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Avs getting swept in round 1 is gonna be a sight. What a whiff at the deadline. CMac is always a year behind.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Losing Frankie was a way bigger blow than anyone expected. He would have been our starter at this point, and at least inspired some confidence in the boys.

4giev is in Raycroft territory for me in terms of atrocious Avalanche goalies. I hope he gets injured and Annunen or Prosvetov pull off a miracle

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I can't get behind anyone who says they want the season to end. I want the team to find their confidence and start to win games.

I get the panicking to an extent. But when the post-season starts everyone is at 0G 0 A. Series take a life their own. Our issues are mostly mental rn, this team can be better, way better.
I mean you aren't wrong postseason starts and everyone is at 0 so to speak.

Just wish we weren't dealing with the mental issues and goalie who installs no faith. It's going to take a complete reset for the entire team for them to have a fighting chance.

Not impossible and I don't want the season to end, but it's not looking great at the moment.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Look at it this way. Game one in Winnipeg, if Georgiev lays another egg, gives up 4 or more goals again and Avs lose, pretty sure Annunen will be in net for game 2 and maybe he puts up a good performance and we win one in Winnipeg which is what you wanna do when starting on the road, just get one.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Healthy scratch Georgiev next game you need to get a look at Prosvetov and Annunen. Something is broken in 4’s head.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Look at it this way. Game one in Winnipeg, if Georgiev lays another egg, gives up 4 or more goals again and Avs lose, pretty sure Annunen will be in net for game 2 and maybe he puts up a good performance and we win one in Winnipeg which is what you wanna do when starting on the road, just get one.

Look at it this way. The Avs get swept and Makar has that much more time to heal from hip surgery.

Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad