GDT: Game 81: Put Us Out Of Our Misery, Already: Avs @ Golden Knights, 1:30pm MST

Why do you keep watching Avalanche hockey?

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kuemper had a bad habit of letting in some really soft goals, but for some reason I was waaaaaay more confident with him in goal than I am with Georgiev
That’s because we had a better team in front of Kuemper. We still had Landy and much better team defense

Reactions: Vk1ing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If we’re going down wrong move rabbit holes not re-signing Nuke in summer 2021 is on there. We might’ve locked him up long term for 3-3.5 million and been able to afford a 5-6 million actual starter if we’d signed him when he was a 40pt forechecking monster tweener

Kadri yea maybe if you lock him up that summer you so well but he also might not have that monster season without the contract year and it all gone differently
I wouldn’t worry about that since he’s having another really good year on a bad team like Calgary. He has 74 points in 80 games, almost 30 goals. Pretty sure he would continue to put up PPG with the Avs

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
How does that solve our biggest problem? Kadri and Byram here, and Girard and Mittelstadt not here means we still have a pathetic f***ing loser in goal. Honest to god I don't even think he could be a backup for half the teams in this league. I think in maximum 2 years his NHL career is over.

Some GM might take a chance on him in a platoon role this Summer but that's about it. He's a dogshit goalie, clearly looks to be a dogshit teammate, and I can't wait for the day I never have to watch this pathetic "goalie" play for the Avalanche again.
You need someone to call in a wellness check for you bruh?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can’t they just fix Francouz whatever his injury is in time for the playoffs?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don’t think caffeine is a good idea… maybe a tranquilizer
DG8y9E8.jpeg

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Kadri >> Mittlejost.
Byram > Mittlejost
Kuemper >>> 6eor6iev

Can’t believe we got rid of Byram, Cmac is an actual idiot

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I get that George has been bad. But people cannot seriously want to play a rookie goalie with only 14 career starts as the starter in the playoffs right? People get that that's just not an option. The net, rightly or wrongly is George's come playoffs. Now if things go pear shaped during the playoffs you could try throw Annunen out there but they won't be playing him in game 1 in my opinion. If he was lights out then maybe, but he's barely an upgrade if an upgrade at all and just is not ready for that shit yet. That could crush his confidence completely and stunt his development.
I hate Fourgiev but the moment you throw Annunen in you conceded. This is a CMac issue. He had a good deadline (initially) but the biggest issue this team had was between the pipes. Not bringing in a more seasoned goalie to push that Fourgiev and relying on Annunen to take the 2B spot was a choice.

You know damn well what happened
Fourgiev fourgiev. I saw Fourgiev trending on Twitter and I giggled. Im happy that nickname is stickin haha.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So last year it was malfunction with JTC at 2C. This year it’s goalie malfunction with Georgiev.

What’s waiting for us, the faithful Avs fans next year?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’m gonna say something that’s gonna be positive and make everybody feel better about our chances in the playoffs this year…………….

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Kuemper had a bad habit of letting in some really soft goals, but for some reason I was waaaaaay more confident with him in goal than I am with Georgiev
I was very critical of Kuemper in the playoffs but other than that I thought he played just fine. Georgiev this year might be the worst starter I’ve ever seen on this team. The other goalies we despise were not playing for a cup contending team. Georgiev is playing abysmal on a team expected to win another Cup.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why are we still talking about Kadri? That was TWO f*cking years ago. It doesn't matter anymore.

If we didn't win the cup 2022 some ppl would still say it's because we traded ROR!

Us struggeling has nothing to do with Kadri not being here, it's because we refuse to pay for an (at least) average NHL goalie. Not all of our struggles are on Geo, but it starts with him. And at least for this season we won't be able to change that.

Btw, only getting 2 shots after the 2nd period is kind of brutal as well. Which is a pitty because the first 40 were actually pretty good, but playing a "full60" is something the Avs haven't done all season, so why start now?

I hate this f*cking team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad