Post-Game Talk: GAME 80 - THE BEAR leaves the Penguins for dead - BRUINS 6 Pittsburgh 4

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I'm guessing that Monty would also rather play the Laffs, but he would never say that in public.
And because this Capitals game coming up is crucial in the wild card, I'm also guessing Monty will have the same line-up he had tonight, except for Linus.
But against Ottawa, I'm pretty sure he'll rest some guys.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm guessing that Monty would also rather play the Laffs, but he would never say that in public.
And because this Capitals game coming up is crucial in the wild card, I'm also guessing Monty will have the same line-up he had tonight, except for Linus.
But against Ottawa, I'm pretty sure he'll rest some guys.
Tough decision laughs they can score at will plus all this history of not beating bruins since 1950 in terms of playoffs.

Reactions: FONZIE and bbfan419

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Pens were desperate, this was a solid win. Next up, another desperate team but a dirtier one. I didn't see anything tough from Maroon but it was his first game back. Nice to see some goals coming from players who should be contributing more often.

It still could be Toronto or Tampa but looks like it will be the Bolts in the first round, either way I know my blood will be boiling.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Pens were desperate, this was a solid win. Next up, another desperate team but a dirtier one. I didn't see anything tough from Maroon but it was his first game back. Nice to see some goals coming from players who should be contributing more often.

It still could be Toronto or Tampa but looks like it will be the Bolts in the first round, either way I know my blood will be boiling.
Cousins was out 12 games with a concussion earlier in 2024 after boarded by Jason Zucker.

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t out again (and he was reaching and had lowered head so Clifton should not have any disciplinary action if I’m making call - unfortunate for Cousins) but not for Leafs

Cousins is a predator and having him out of Leafs series is good for Toronto because one less cheap shot artist targeting their top players and defense

If Betman inner circle decides to call it close on Florida they could be in trouble - reckless team over inflated opinion of selves

Paul Maurice was the Bruins coach last spring Bruins probably win and he goes off on what a dirty team Florida is

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Clifton was not even looking at Cousins, he did a reverse hit on the pressure he felt coming. He hit Cousin's head because Cousins was bent over. Don't you need to be looking to be targeting?
There may be a fine but there should not be a suspension.(whether or not the season is over)

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Thought that was an impressive win up against another team that desperately NEEDED to win.

Pens had the better first period, but the Bruins matched the intensity right away and were the better team the next two periods. Doubt that’s the style we will see played during the postseason regardless of opponent but loved seeing how they came to play.

Marchand definitely “fights it” more than he did during his prime, but he has not lost any of his drive or intrnsity. Don’t understand how anyone questions him as a Captain. There is no question that is who you want leading on this team.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Glad we beat those dirty Pens. Bunting is an idiot.

Based on our last game with the Cats, I don't think the refs are going to allow them to play that sneaky dirty style in the playoffs again. The refs were calling them out on it. Maybe last year it was entertaining, but I doubt the NHL wants to encourage it. Even one of their fans in their GDT noted it, that stuff that wasn't called last year, was called in the game.
Playing physical is fine and expected in the PO's, but not the dirty crap.

That's why I think the Canes are going to the ECF. They have something to prove after being swept by Florida. I don't think Florida will have the stamina to make it out of the East again.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I enjoyed every moment of that series, to see Crosby get so frustrated, that he lost his mind was hilarious!.
Same here, I remember talking with another Bruins fan before that series and I told him the Bruins would win and it won't take as long as most people think. Rask played the best I had ever seen from him in that series. Too bad we did not beat Chicago, but they had a great team and the B's were really banged up in the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad