Post-Game Talk: GAME 80 - THE BEAR leaves the Penguins for dead - BRUINS 6 Pittsburgh 4

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1713063443900.png

1713063592656.png

1713063666418.png

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well, despite missing the empty net DeBrusk played like a man who does not want to go back to the third line. Really liked how they attacked the net front today. Bodes well for the playoffs.

Penguins were desperate so it's a good solid win imo. Maroon looked okay as well so that's encouraging. I mean he didn't do anything spectacular but for first game back he was fine. He's definitely faster than Lucic was at this stage and probably faster than Brazzeau so no complaints.

I liked these lines.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Trent needs to wake up with little more snarl
Jake squeezing stick too hard - just go have fun JD

Never thought Geekie would score another goal after hat trick
Heinzy just works his tail off

Beech, good game and effirt

NHL politics, Pasta not a star due to late slapshot lol

Sometimes you just have to laugh it off

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Good win but same issues with the powerplay. Tons of missed passes as well. Sloppy game but a win is a win

Reactions: Spjutmuren

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Good win. No injuries (despite Bunting trying to kick Brad in the face with his skate).

I don't know what needs to happen with the powerplay, but I think they need to keep it simple. Not overpassinng. Shooting. No fancy stuff. Maybe that will help. I don't know. But I'm hopeful. Either way. Good win. Good intensity. Keep that up!

You ALREADY know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music!

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
So how does it have to play out now for the Bruins to clinch first ?
If Florida loses their one remaining game, BRUINS clinch. If Florida wins their last remaining game, the BRUINS would have to get a total of two points in their remaining two games.
If the two teams end up tied, I believe Florida would finish in 1st place because they have more regulation/OT wins than the BRUINS.
Oh, I left one out. If Florida loses their one remaining game in O/T, then, obviously, the BRUINS would need 1 point in their next two games to clinch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If Florida loses their one remaining game, BRUINS clinch. If Florida wins their last remaining game, the BRUINS would have to get a total of two points in their remaining two games.
If the two teams end up tied, I believe Florida would occupy 1st place because they have more regulation/OT wins than the BRUINS.
Oh, I left one out. If Florida loses their one remaining game in O/T, then, obviously, the BRUINS would need 1 point in their next two games to clinch.
Mmmm, it’s still not in the bag in my opinion. They will be playing a hungry Washington team on Monday and then the last regular season game of the year will they really give a f*** ?

Reactions: NeelyOrr

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If the two teams end up tied, I believe Florida would finish in 1st place because they have more regulation/OT wins than the BRUINS.
You are right but its bullshit in a way with Bruins sweeping season series .That said they get Leafs then though .

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad