GDT: Game 8: Blackhawks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
What the hell is with this gdt? Cheer the fu** up, you guys! This thread is way too negative! Tonight was a positive fu**ing night! Wooooo! Didn’t have to deal with too many drunk Hawks fans right next to me.

Ronaldo-Cousins-Fish were a great line tonight! Maybe quit shi**ng all over Cousins for second?

KCon was bad. Feel like he doesn’t move either. But even Hammer missed Bouma get free for his goal.

Louis was great after the first goal! Big saves! Good for him!

Demers was an idiot again, was reason for the Kane break. Goligoski was better, but c’mon guy! That wide open slapshot missing the f*cking net?

Keller!!!!!!!!!

Sh** is positive! :)! Progression! WHAT WE ALL WANT! :)!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
f*** man. I missed the first 2 periods, but this looked like another very winnable game. I love domi saying f*** this, and throwing a hit then throwing down. Give him a letter asap. A permanent one too damn it.

Reactions: kbay and Sthlmyote

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
It’s remarkable we have yet to win a game, especially with the way the team has played. This was not a boring game. We gave the hawks hell for the first time in a long time.

I’d have to imagine the opposing teams saying what a difference the team is since years past.

Keep plugging away and shit will start happening. The game is so much more enjoyable to watch, so many more chances and the speed is much more noticeable.

I’m not sure what to correct. Just simple mistakes and a few blown assignments that need some cleaning up but there isn’t any glaring holes like years past.

As I said before get this team healthy and let’s see what happens.

All in all I’ve been walking away from the past few games frustrated, but not bored.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
**** man. I missed the first 2 periods, but this looked like another very winnable game. I love domi saying **** this, and throwing a hit then throwing down. Give him a letter asap. A permanent one too damn it.

Unless I missed something that was a stupid and unfair frustration hit. I also think that Domi deserves a letter but surely not for bs like that.
I'm all for big hitting and sending messages but from what I saw, that was nothing but dumb.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Rabbit's Hot Takes:

- Tyson Nash literally said Matt McConnell was staring down at his "nuggets" on live TV.
- Clayton Keller broke our team. Everybody thinks they can be Clayton Keller now.
Clayton Keller also team savior
- I think I may be the only Rinaldo fan.
- Max Domi first ever player to stub his toe in a game.
- It was nice to see the coyotes kill off that 5 on 3. Our five-on-three.
- In fact I think I just may have come up with a great idea. Put our first power-play unit out as our first penalty-kill unit. PK for days cuhhh.
- Niklas Hjalmarsson told Todd Walsh he doesn't understand his vocabulary. "I dont even know what indicitive means."
- Murphy punched Max and instantly regretted it.
- We may never win.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewYotes

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Unless I missed something that was a stupid and unfair frustration hit. I also think that Domi deserves a letter but surely not for bs like that.
I'm all for big hitting and sending messages but from what I saw, that was nothing but dumb.

Way to climb out of your hole with a garbage post. This is an emotional game, to see Domi have that frustration is a positive. You wanna roll over and die? Hartman isn’t a rose, either.

You must have hated 90’s hockey.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't understand it either. I get not liking Kempe, he's an ahl player ideally, but cousins has been ok. He's a solid 4th liner imo.

Cousins has zero urgency to his game. He isn't strong on the puck. He fumbles passes and possesions. He isn't really hitting much.

Rinaldo has outplayed him in every single way. I'd rather have Strome in Cousins spot.

Reactions: Jakey53

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Rabbit's Hot Takes:

- Tyson Nash literally said Matt McConnell was staring down at his "nuggets" on live TV.
- Clayton Keller broke our team. Everybody thinks they can be Clayton Keller now.
Clayton Keller also team savior
- I think I may be the only Rinaldo fan. - - Max Domi first ever player to stub his toe in a game.
- It was nice to see the coyotes kill off that 5 on 3. Our five-on-three.
- In fact I think I just may have come up with a great idea. Put our first power-play unit out as our first penalty-kill unit. PK for days cuhhh.
- Niklas Hjalmarsson told Todd Walsh he doesn't understand his vocabulary. "I dont even know what indicitive means."
- Murphy punched Max and instantly regretted it.
- We may never win.

Hey guy, I’m a rinaldo fan myself!

That 5-3 was putrid. That’s where you need to bury the net. Not to mention it was a rather extended 5-4 for a minute after.

Reactions: doaner

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Way to climb out of your hole with a garbage post. This is an emotional game, to see Domi have that frustration is a positive. You wanna roll over and die? Hartman isn’t a rose, either.

In fact I'm pretty oldschool and hate the fact that the NHL is getting softer. Again. Unless I missed something that was a garbage hit. Hartman plays hard but isn't an unfair player. I always like to see rats get a beating but Hartman clearly isn't one. Keith would have been a better choice.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It’s remarkable we have yet to win a game, especially with the way the team has played. This was not a boring game. We gave the hawks hell for the first time in a long time.

I’d have to imagine the opposing teams saying what a difference the team is since years past.

Keep plugging away and **** will start happening. The game is so much more enjoyable to watch, so many more chances and the speed is much more noticeable.

I’m not sure what to correct. Just simple mistakes and a few blown assignments that need some cleaning up but there isn’t any glaring holes like years past.

As I said before get this team healthy and let’s see what happens.

All in all I’ve been walking away from the past few games frustrated, but not bored.
Again I missed the first 2 periods, but from what I saw I agree with all of this, especially the bolded. I do think we have a glaring hole with our depth on D, but a healthy Chychrun will help that tremendously, or just getting Clandening back in and getting Demers or kconn out.

I almost think all of the lucky games we've pulled out in the last few years by getting opportunistic goals and great goaltending are being balanced by the hockey gods. It's like literally every mistake we make ends up in our net. A big part of that is probably goaltending, we need a big save every so often, and while I think Domingue is getting way too much crap here, and hill played solid, we don't have that goalie who can do that.

Reactions: kbay and Sthlmyote

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I really dont think we played that great this game... We stuck around but were kind of passive. .. Not the relentless forchecking like we have in the past,.... I think Crouse really helps with that..and was missed .

We are really missing some hockey IQ . Really Domi and Keller seem to be the only guys with it as far as forwards go.. Stephan has no sense of urgency.

Reider and Martinook , skate fast and hard , but think slow. Add Gologoski to that as well.

Dvorak is quickly turning jnto a checker...

Not sure why Keller has to be a winger, he seems to never lose a draw.

Other than the first line , I never really liked the lines tonight , it seeme like there was no chemistry. The amount of give aways and momentum killing passes was insane.

Rinaldo was ok ...

Just a meh game ... But still could have won.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
I'd rather have Strome in Cousins spot.

But then there’d be countless posts all over board and game threads bitching and moaning about Strome “on the 4th line” like Duke. Lol

We shouldn’t number anything after 1st line. Tonight a great example. Ronaldo-Cousins-Fish were a great line tonight! Our 2nd? 3rd? 4th line? Who gives a sh*t about the #! Let Strome cook in American a little.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
The neutral ice place is much improved. The Dallas broadcasters raved about how tight and physical the Coyotes were playing guys, limiting chances. It's just a shame that it's still an adventure if it does make it into their own zone.

The Dallas game I thought we were relentless right from the drop of the puck.. Never felt the same here tonight IMO

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Cousins has zero urgency to his game. He isn't strong on the puck. He fumbles passes and possesions. He isn't really hitting much.

Rinaldo has outplayed him in every single way. I'd rather have Strome in Cousins spot.
I disagree with most of this. Rinaldo has been better as a physical energy guy, but I don't think cousins is that bad with the puck, and he can play center. I also don't see him lacking urgency, and being weak on the puck. He's far from amazing, but again I'd call him a decent 4th liner.

I'm still cool with strome in the A, he may need time to adjust and continue to work with braid.

Lol don't feed the troll man.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I bet most see me replying to no one since he’s on the majority of the ignore lists around here.

Ya gotta have that hunger and that passion. Glad to see Domi have that fire.
Hell yeah. I still worry about him fighting after hurting his hand last year, but every so often you've gotta show that passion. There was something interesting Tocchet said the other day in an interview about leadership, where he mentioned something like guys can't be afraid to step up, even if they're 20. I wondered if he was talking about domi, and wanting to see him show more leadership. Maybe he even directly encouraged him to do so.

I could also be reading way to much into it and domi just did what domis do.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
They keep improving - breakouts are so much better, more controlled and patient than they've been previously, it's like night and day. This allows movement through the neutral zone with greater success and sets up potential offensive zone presence - which I also thought was better. Get the pp scoring and we'll be in good shape.

Reactions: kbay

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They keep improving - breakouts are so much better, more controlled and patient than they've been previously, it's like night and day. This allows movement through the neutral zone with greater success and sets up potential offensive zone presence - which I also thought was better. Get the pp scoring and we'll be in good shape.
I swear we could put a group of ovy laine mcdavid OEL and karlson out there and our PP would still suck. Personnel and system aren't even factors, it's just a coyotes thing to have a shameful power play.

Reactions: gorsk11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad