GDT: Game 8: Blackhawks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
It sucks seeing duclair on the fourth line once again. And I have no idea why. He has been our second best winger so far IMO and he could provide some much needed secondary scoring if paired with some decent linemates. If anyone gets it, please enlighten me.

Also, let's win tonight. Please.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC96 and RR

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
It sucks seeing duclair on the fourth once again. And I have no idea why. He has been our second best winger so far IMO and he could provide some much needed secondary scoring if paired with some decent linemates. If anyone gets it, please enlighten me.

I'd prefer to see him on Dvorak's line. Can't expect CD to make any major contributions centering a line that can't finish around the net.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It sucks seeing duclair on the fourth once again. And I have no idea why. He has been our second best winger so far IMO and he could provide some much needed secondary scoring if paired with some decent linemates. If anyone gets it, please enlighten me.

It's funny, he's still creating offense despite his teammates. That line seems to be getting decent time, though I haven't checked the ice times so maybe it just feels that way because they're usually noticable. I surprisingly don't hate Rinaldo with duke so far (though a more skilled winger would be better) he creates a lot of space and havoc. The center needs to be decent to make up for rinaldo though, and kempe is pretty meh. Even cousins would be a big upgrade there.

I think I'd reassemble that domi Dvo duke line, and put someone else with Stepan and Keller, like Reider or maybe crouse. If Perlini were healthy he'd be a great fit there I think. It may result in a not quite as effective 1st line, but we need a second line badly.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Pretty sure Tocc is just pulling names out of a hat to create the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines right now. I suppose he's just hoping that at some point it clicks and we finally get some secondary scoring.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd prefer to see him on Dvorak's line. Can't expect CD to make any major contributions centering a line that can't finish around the net.
Great minds think alike. Getting Dvo going would be huge, we need 2 decent lines.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I think I'd reassemble that domi Dvo duke line, and put someone else with Stepan and Keller, like Reider or maybe crouse. If Perlini were healthy he'd be a great fit there I think. It may result in a not quite as effective 1st line, but we need a second line badly.
Yes. Duke has proved that he can create offense playing without domi - if somehow that was the worry about duke, now put them back together. I have not loved Domi on the first line anyway, a shooter like perlini might even be a better fit.

Reactions: _Del_ and RR

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Maybe Tippet and Tocchet see something in Duclair that we don't?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Could be an off ice issue with Duclair, that's the kind of stuff we don't see. Maybe Duke is a member of the rumored party boys, hence the curfew threat from Tocc earlier.

Reactions: AndrewYotes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Add the Rangers in there too; after all, they traded him to us.

I think it's just a periodic reminder of just how little we know of what actually goes on with this team.

They got a retained Yandle and kept Buchnevich. They were a contending team at the time. Using that as an argument against Duclair is absurd.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You'd think by now if there was an issue with Duclair outside the ice we'd have heard. There hasn't been one bit of info about him being a problem child. If they aren't going to play him on a scoring line, they should trade him or send him down.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I like Duclair on the rush a lot but sadly everywhere else I don't like him nearly as much.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Pretty good first 5 minutes. Not overly reliant on the stretch pass, kept it in the Blackhawks end most of the time.
That first good sustained pressure the Blackhawks had as pretty scary after KConn flubbed that clear.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
:yo:

That's the kinda luck we need.

Good play to generate the 2 on 1 but that doesn't go in normally. Crawford a little leaky there on a half pass half shot thing.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh here we go again, probably give up another goal right after scoring one.

edit: As soon as I clicked post, Chicago scored.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Fischer in top 6 would be good. Very few rookie AHL players to close on ppg. I think he could impress.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You'd think by now if there was an issue with Duclair outside the ice we'd have heard. There hasn't been one bit of info about him being a problem child. If they aren't going to play him on a scoring line, they should trade him or send him down.

I don't think he is a problem child at all, nor did I intend to allege same. I think whatever is causing the coaching staff to continually put him where folks around here don't believe he belongs speaks specifically to something on the ice that's missing or falling short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad