GDT: Game 78: Red Wings vs caps 7:00 pm et 4/9/24 (ESPN)

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I've found the Piggyback to be just ok. Their small batch 10 is where it's at. After having that, I was a bit disappointed in the Piggyback (and I didn't have especially high expectations, given the price point). I love rye, but with 100% of the grain bill being rye, and not getting that extra age on it, it was a bit too earthy/grassy for my taste.

My other favs for rye come from High West, Pikesville, and New Riff (a brand that gets little mention, but they're doing a good job). Bulleitt is my cheap, bottom-shelf, easy-to-grab-from-Costco brand lol.

Small batch rye, 10, 12, 15 Whistle Pig is my jam. I just like the damn bottle, plus I've never had it. I typically have it around but, when I do not, my bottom shelf is Elijah Craig rye, though I wouldn't turn down Buleitt.

Reactions: jaster

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
presuming you aren't trading for him and only getting a FA Center, who do you choose? What is your top 5? I'd still try to get lindholm or stephenson. I think they both will be available and stephenson could improve our speed. And he has cup experience (twice right?)

If we could get stephenson i'd try to find a suitor for copp and veleno. Bring up kasper or danielson next year and you have a middle of larkin - stephenson - compher - kasper/danielson - ras - fischer (yes I say keep fischer 100%). I'd rather have ras on danielson/kasper's wing for the rough stuff/backup, mainly danielson because kasper can probably hold his own in that regard.

View attachment 849313

With you on Lindholm. That said the 2nd column is an important one. The dream is one of the bottom two on the list (I know that will not happen).

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
With you on Lindholm. That said the 2nd column is an important one. The dream is one of the bottom two on the list (I know that will not happen).
crazy enough, i wouldn't mind monahan either. It would have to be less than compher/copp I think to make it palatable, but he has shown that he can still put up numbers on a decent team.

Not sure why he ever got really bad or declined so quickly, but maybe he figured it out now? Sillinger would be an interesting get, but I am not sure if we could consider him a 2C right? TBH I have no idea his progression or how well he is playing other than stat watching, so I don't know if he is projected to be better than 3C or not.

Reactions: heyfolks

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
crazy enough, i wouldn't mind monahan either. It would have to be less than compher/copp I think to make it palatable, but he has shown that he can still put up numbers on a decent team.

Not sure why he ever got really bad or declined so quickly, but maybe he figured it out now? Sillinger would be an interesting get, but I am not sure if we could consider him a 2C right? TBH I have no idea his progression or how well he is playing other than stat watching, so I don't know if he is projected to be better than 3C or not.

I see Sillinger as a #2 center in the making. Some say a #3 but most players have a tough 2nd year. No matter, the Wings can use him.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
wow, that Lapieire made that call, that's absolute bullshit

It's one thing when they let Crysby make calls, but now they're letting anyone do it, I guess
He's been doing it from day one. I loved him as a player out of junior, but God dman, you can't cry to the ref after every play. 18 year don't run the league, Mr betltman@!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad