GDT: Game 77: Red Wings vs sabres 1:00 pm et 4/7/24 (TNT, MAX)

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Honestly when you stop and think about it, this team has no right to make the playoffs when we're playing Perron and Czarnik in the top 6.

They total derail anything good that the other two guys on there line pull off. Any given shift.

Reactions: GMR

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Good win. Who won the fights in this game, did not see them as I was out with my family.
Nobody. Veleno slightly maybe, perty lost slightly maybe.
Also don't know why Lalonde is so keen on not just keeping Cat Larkin and Kane together.

Good to see ED up and getting minutes too and Seider with over 27 minutes tonight
Because Kane and DeBrincat are bad defensively so Lalonde can't send them against top lines.
I thought and hoped DeBrincat would score tonight.

Reactions: wings95

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Nobody. Veleno slightly maybe, perty lost slightly maybe.

Because Kane and DeBrincat are bad defensively so Lalonde can't send them against top lines.
I thought and hoped DeBrincat would score tonight.
They are a heck of a lot better defensively than cat-Czarnik-Kane. I get it to a degree with him wanting to match that Copp line with thompson, but if Rass is back, Czarnik better be out and keep sprong in. We have to play to our strength and that’s depth scoring, having the ability to win the bottom 6 matchups against teams. Fabbri and sprong have that ability. You gotta hope they do it at the right time of the year and that’s now. If not we don’t have much of a differen answer. Lalonde needs to dive into that, he was when we were playing our best hockey

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
One thing is clear the Wings need to play a complete 60 minute game for the rest of the regular season if they expect to make the playoffs. We played really one good period today and got a way with it.

Reactions: lilidk

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Despite the win, I will say our coach sucks. This team has so much potential if it was structured. They are always scrambling and giving pucks away. That's 100% on coaching.

I'm at a crossroads, would we be better off drafting top 15 or getting swept in the playoffs by the Rangers?
This coach is crazy. Sometimes they play like it's October and preseason. They look like they have never played together.
DeBrincat has 2 40 goals seasons, now under Lalonde the guy has 1 goal in 18 games.
They are a heck of a lot better defensively than cat-Czarnik-Kane. I get it to a degree with him wanting to match that Copp line with thompson, but if Rass is back, Czarnik better be out and keep sprong in. We have to play to our strength and that’s depth scoring, having the ability to win the bottom 6 matchups against teams. Fabbri and sprong have that ability. You gotta hope they do it at the right time of the year and that’s now. If not we don’t have much of a differen answer. Lalonde needs to dive into that, he was when we were playing our best hockey
Czarnik played 12 min, Fabbri, Veleno and Sprong 6 min each. This coach is out of his mind.

I think Lyon was great, but I think their goalie stopped the best chance when he stopped Sprong. I thought it was a goal.

I think the next game is a bit easier as the pressure is less and the team has a little bit of momentum.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
That’s just factually false lol

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
These should be their lines when Rass is back

Perron- Larkin- ray
Cat- Compher- kane
Rass-Copp-fish
Fabbri-Veleno-sprong

Use the 4th to try to feast on opponents 4th lines and bottom pairs. 3rd line is energy line and I would say can play some hard matchups but also don’t want them against top matchups all game.

Reactions: wingerdinger

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
These should be their lines when Rass is back

Perron- Larkin- ray
Cat- Compher- kane
Rass-Copp-fish
Fabbri-Veleno-sprong

Use the 4th to try to feast on opponents 4th lines and bottom pairs. 3rd line is energy line and I would say can play some hard matchups but also don’t want them against top matchups all game.
Yes and playing Maatta is crucial he pairs well with Ghost for whatever reason. Sit Petry if Walman ever decides to get healthy.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Yes and playing Maatta is crucial he pairs well with Ghost for whatever reason. Sit Petry if Walman ever decides to get healthy.
Agreed. Walman-seider should be a pai, Ed-Chiarot should be 2nd pair. I also feel better if that 2nd pair gets caught out with opponents top lines which is going to happen especially on the road

Reactions: wingerdinger

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
With a chance of moving up in the lottery. I'm less excited about making the playoffs with the way they're playing.
True, but Yzerman will not draft best available player, like Holland did in 2018. He will take what he likes , someone who projects in late first.
Even if we lose 4:0 , it will be still experience for our kids

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I don't think the Wings would be an easy out, I can see them taking either Bos or NYR to six games

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I do also feel like there's probably a much higher chance that Kane wants to come back if the Wings make the Playoffs than if they don't even if they get swept

that's something

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Petry had 3 hits (Gostibehere, Chiarot and Maatta 4 combined), was the team's best with +2 and the only defender with a point tonight and he had a fight. Petry looks good with Edvidson. But I think Edvidson is our 4th best player. Maybe 6th.
Larkin is 1, Lyon is 2. But Edvidson is so good.
I don't think the Wings would be an easy out, I can see them taking either Bos or NYR to six games
If we can win 1 game it is very good. That is the most this team can achieve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad