GDT: Game 77: Red Wings vs sabres 1:00 pm et 4/7/24 (TNT, MAX)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Q
It seems Lalonde benched both Veleno and Petry for fighting. I thought it was very wrong to pick up the fight there, the timing was wrong.
Both of them took away Cozens and Byram away from the game for 5 minutes. Don't know what happened to Petry, but Veleno stand for himself , which is a good thing he did.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Great start for the game (when we have had multiple of those poor starts) and going defence-mode.

Who cares about shot totals, the purpose is to prevent goals when you lead. That was great winning hockey.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Great start for the game (when we have had multiple of those poor starts) and going defence-mode.

Who cares about shot totals, the purpose is to prevent goals when you lead. That was great winning hockey.
At a minimum, Buffalo had an awful start and Detroit executed to take advantage of it. I'll happily take two points any way they can get them.

Reactions: FMichael

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Both of them took away Cozens and Byram away from the game for 5 minutes. Don't know what happened to Petry, but Veleno stand for himself , which is a good thing he did.

It's insane that a player can go headfirst into the boards on a hit from behind with the ref looking right at it, and there's no penalty because of the scoreboard.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
At a minimum, Buffalo had an awful start and Detroit executed to take advantage of it. I'll happily take two points any way they can get them.
True - however in the Lalonde era this team barely gets by with a win…They were outplayed and outshot by the Sabres…As usual it was Lyon who was the mvp.

That was another game with Lyon being the mvp…Without him this team would be well down the standings.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The Czarnik usage is really worrying to me

Using a 5'9 AHL center between Cat and Kane is an incredible recipe for failure, especially defensively

Not to mention the guy has 1 assist in 29 games

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The Czarnik usage is really worrying to me

Using a 5'9 AHL center between Cat and Kane is an incredible recipe for failure, especially defensively

Not to mention the guy has 1 assist in 29 games

I'm not super high on Veleno or anything but I don't understand why he's been stapled to the bench lately and wouldn't be a better option between Dcat and Kane.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
For one day only, I love Ottawa

Seems like it’s mostly luck once you start getting around that 15th overall pick, so I take the playoffs every time.

I also think we get stomped by Boston instead.
if we play boston, i think we actually give it a go and lose 4-2 series. maybe 4-3 if we win in ot game 6. If it's against the rangers, we lose at best 4-1

Reactions: jkutswings

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Played only 27 minutes last game

That is accurate, but what is as exciting is Simon is top 3 in TOI for D and will likely stay that way. When this guy was on the ice with Mo, my Red Wing fan glasses fogged up! Simon, to Mo, and his bromance Luc..... GOAL. Didn't happen, but those were my sugar plum thoughts. Wish he still had a shot at the Calder next season, but so be it. Not only is he up for good, he looks so damn good, the question now becomes can the Wings add Johansson or Wallinder next season.

Together or broken up, the Wings will have the best 1-2 D combo in the League. In a few years, we'll be debating who is better between the two.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

That is accurate, but what is as exciting is Simon is top 3 in TOI for D and will likely stay that way. When this guy was on the ice with Mo, my Red Wing fan glasses fogged up! Simon, to Mo, and his bromance Luc..... GOAL. Didn't happen, but those were my sugar plum thoughts. Wish he still had a shot at the Calder next season, but so be it. Not only is he up for good, he looks so damn good, the question now becomes can the Wings add Johansson or Wallinder next season.

Together or broken up, the Wings will have the best 1-2 D combo in the League. In a few years, we'll be debating who is better between the two.
I love that they were last seconds of the game.

Reactions: heyfolks

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

This was Mike Tyson kind of victory, knock out in round 2. But hockey is not like boxing, so the wings had to play 60 min. They stormed the Sabres and this could easily be 6-1 or something like that.
True - however in the Lalonde era this team barely gets by with a win…They were outplayed and outshot by the Sabres…As usual it was Lyon who was the mvp.

That was another game with Lyon being the mvp…Without him this team would be well down the standings.
Larkin is far more important than Lyon. Lyon is great, he even made 2 great passes to the neutral zone. However he is not as good as in February and he lets in some softish goals.

I think he is our 4-6th best player. He is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: heyfolks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad