GDT: Game 77: Red Wings vs sabres 1:00 pm et 4/7/24 (TNT, MAX)

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Huge win. So cool watching Ed and seider out there together to help hold the fort at the end of such an important game. These 2 are going to be doing this for 20 years and will be special.

I thought ed was our best dman tonight again. Mo had a great game in terms of compete and blocked shots but my one complaint is he needs to stop just wrapping the puck along the boards when it gets kept in at the point like every time. Unnecessary turnovers. I know that's part on the forwards too. But still.

Lyon was fantastic and the D did a good job with sticks in lanes. It'd be nice if the team didn't become so passive with the lead but you knew Buffalo was going to press because their playoff hopes took a massive hit losing this game. On to a huge game against the caps on Tuesday.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
1712519104798.jpeg

Smell that? You smell that? Playoffs, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of playoffs in the morning.... It smells like victory.

Reactions: OneMoreTry

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Honestly, I thought the Wings played like crap in their D zone. Puck management wasn't great losing way too many faceoffs. If it wasn't for Lyon we would have lost that game. The Wings took their foot off the gas after the 3rd goal. They will need to play better against Washington on Tuesday. Lets hope the Sens beat the Caps tonight.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is not a place for a nervous person, said Redmond once upon a time.

Good to see Kane and Raymond score. Perron didn't take a penalty. Miracle on ice.

I am happy with the win. They made it more difficult than it should be.
I think we win this game much easier if Veleno does not pick up the fight. We had the momentum and we probably score one more and game over.

I strongly disagree with the posters here. The game was closer because the refs missed 5 calls. They did everything they could to keep the Sabres in the game.

Finally Lyon wins a good game. He is trending right so does the team.

I think Edvidson is our 4th best player on the team. I love his game.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Didn’t want to jinx him earlier, but lots of credit to Lyon, first star. Might not have had any highlight reel saves, but just super steady and solid. That’s the kinda goaltending you need to win important games.
True. This was one of his best games. He was positionally very sound and even made one crucial pass to the neutral zone.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Red wings won’t get away with playing safe against better teams. Glad they won (needed it), but damn… they played below average hockey today.
If the Wings play like this Tuesday night they’re gonna lose badly to the Caps…Expect Ovi to score a Gordie Howe hat trick goal, assist, bitch slap Larkin.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Welp other than 7 minutes to start the game, they played pretty brutal... however HUGE win to stay alive in the chase.
Yeah and then they play awesome against the rangers and Nashville the last few games and come away pointless, it all balances out. As the team gets better, theyll win some games they dont deserve because guys like Raymond and Kane can blow a game open on their own

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Red wings won’t get away with playing safe against better teams. Glad they won (needed it), but damn… they played below average hockey today.
I disagree. We won this game in the 1st 10 min. The refs made 5 wrong calls and kept it close. I think we easily win this one by 5 goals.

Reactions: DamonDRW

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
This is not a place for a nervous person, said Redmond once upon a time.

Good to see Kane and Raymond score. Perron didn't take a penalty. Miracle on ice.

I am happy with the win. They made it more difficult than it should be.
I think we win this game much easier if Veleno does not pick up the fight. We had the momentum and we probably score one more and game over.

I strongly disagree with the posters here. The game was closer because the refs missed 5 calls. They did everything they could to keep the Sabres in the game.

Finally Lyon wins a good game. He is trending right so does the team.

I think Edvidson is our 4th best player on the team. I love his game.
I agree on the refs missing calls but what else is new.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Just wish they would make the switch of walman in for Petry than chiarot with Ed and walman with seider. I actually think Ghost and Olli play well together. Seider is worse with chiarot. Petry flat out sucks

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
wings won despite playing like shit after going up 3-0. lucky they won this game. they will get rolled 1st rd 4-0 if they make it in.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
wings won despite playing like shit after going up 3-0. lucky they won this game. they will get rolled 1st rd 4-0 if they make it in.
Ya probably but would still be nice to get some of the non experienced guys a playoff series

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Kane Czarnik and Debrincat? Wtf was that.

If your gonna experiment that much mid as well put Fabbri 2C
I agree Czarnik is awful. Hopefully Rass is back and Czarnik is out. Move Compher with kane and cat and go back to Rass-Copp-fish

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Huge win. So cool watching Ed and seider out there together to help hold the fort at the end of such an important game. These 2 are going to be doing this for 20 years and will be special.

I thought ed was our best dman tonight again. Mo had a great game in terms of compete and blocked shots but my one complaint is he needs to stop just wrapping the puck along the boards when it gets kept in at the point like every time. Unnecessary turnovers. I know that's part on the forwards too. But still.

Lyon was fantastic and the D did a good job with sticks in lanes. It'd be nice if the team didn't become so passive with the lead but you knew Buffalo was going to press because their playoff hopes took a massive hit losing this game. On to a huge game against the caps on Tuesday.
2 min before you or maybe we wrote it at the same time I wrote Edvidson is our 4th best player.
Must win all of the home games and at least 3 of 6 points on the road to have a realgud chance of getting in. If two of the road points are against the Pens, it helps... a lot.
That would be huge win, head to head. Lyon vs Nedeljkovic. I hear he is doing very good.
If the Wings play like this Tuesday night they’re gonna lose badly to the Caps…Expect Ovi to score a Gordie Howe hat trick goal, assist, bitch slap Larkin.
I think if we play like we did today we win 6-2.
I agree on the refs missing calls but what else is new.
5 were very clear. I think 2 is too much, but 5 is brutal.
Just wish they would make the switch of walman in for Petry than chiarot with Ed and walman with seider. I actually think Ghost and Olli play well together. Seider is worse with chiarot. Petry flat out sucks
Petry has played 4 strong games. He save a goal vs bolts, and he saved 1 tonight. Though he solely created the chance too.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Also don't know why Lalonde is so keen on not just keeping Cat Larkin and Kane together.

Good to see ED up and getting minutes too and Seider with over 27 minutes tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad