GDT: Game 77 | Columbus at Edmonton | 3/27 9PM

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Kind of amazing how hot the Metro has become as the season winds down. We have won 11 out of 12 and yet we have no real breathing room.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Torts ties the all time wins record for the cbj... Didn't want to revive the other thread haha. Not even 3 full seasons to break it. Yes he got the team when it was better then most of our coaches had but keep in mind he took over an 0-8 team and after having an off-season to learn the system the players excelled and took off. He coached our longest win streak which was the 2nd best ever, our first 100pt team, one of 3 teams to ever win 10 back to back years, and has a chance to hopefully be the first to make back to back playoff appearances. People always said a Torts team is where offensive players go to die but Panarin is about to have his best season all while playing Selke caliber wing (was 2nd in takeaways at one point this year).

I just can't be doom and gloom right now. Even if it came down to the last game of the year and we miss by 1 point... There is way to much to be excited about.

Should also be noted the massive leap PLD has made under Torts. PLD is becoming a beast of a player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Should also be noted the massive leap PLD has made under Torts. PLD is becoming a beast of a player.
It's like every time he gets put in a position when the teams back is up against the wall he comes through.

Both his and Wennbergs lines looked amazing last night, I just hope they can keep it up through the playoffs.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I watched this game from start to finish.. thought we were outplaying them when we were down 0-2, got a little pissed at 0-3 because I was fearing the rest of the road trip, but lost my mind the rest of the game.. turned into a party at 5-3 and killed off the six pack at 7-3. This game turned when Bob stoned Chicken Nuggets on that break away. Bread was a better bread tonight and the team was feeding him the puck - that has to scare the hell out of people. When he fed Nutti in the crease.. wow.. just wow. I have always loved Vanek from his beast days in Buff.. that was awesome. Jarmo putting together foundational moves Saad Forsberg for Bread.. Cole Vanek Testy at the deadline.. man this is fun.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

He's going to be a Toews or a Bergeron-type player who puts up nice numbers, but his impact is above and beyond that. If you look at the boxscore last night, McDavid 'outplayed' PLD. Except....PLD outplayed him if you actually WATCHED the game.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I watched this game from start to finish.. thought we were outplaying them when we were down 0-2, got a little pissed at 0-3 because I was fearing the rest of the road trip, but lost my mind the rest of the game.. turned into a party at 5-3 and killed off the six pack at 7-3. This game turned when Bob stoned Chicken Nuggets on that break away. Bread was a better bread tonight and the team was feeding him the puck - that has to scare the hell out of people. When he fed Nutti in the crease.. wow.. just wow. I have always loved Vanek from his beast days in Buff.. that was awesome. Jarmo putting together foundational moves Saad Forsberg for Bread.. Cole Vanek Testy at the deadline.. man this is fun.

The bolded were just depth moves, remember, and a signal to the team that management still believed in them. Sort of. :sarcasm:

Actually that's exactly what the moves were - and instead they hit at least temporary home runs, which was the goal. In the end, Cole looks to be the best longer-term pickup of the three. Not a negative to the other two, but I have been astonished at how solid Cole's play has been - and he has contributed some on the offensive end as well. And appears to be his regular level of play, not some short term unsustainable level.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
It felt a little bit like playing ****tsburgh, didn't it?

Love this team #cbj

I sure thought it did. I really felt the Jackets were controlling the game but the score was 3-0. And Bob had me very concerned- the first goal especially (obviously) and yes a McDavid breakaway is terrifying but he was in position to stop it. (Last Edmonton goal was unstoppable)

I was thinking a lot of the Pittsburgh series when it was 0-3.

Then everything changed!

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Thank you nobody for your help.

Everyone has kinda alternated with the exception of Panarin. Lately though I’d consider his line the “2nd line” but it can change in a heart beat. The past few weeks the Panarin - PLD - Cam and Jenner - Wennberg - Vanek line have been the only forward lines intact. The others been shuffled up due to injuries, etc.
Ice time has been distributed pretty evenly amongst bottom 9 though, overall.

Hope that answers your question about Wennberg

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
So guys.....I didn't get to watch last night. I saw the score. I saw a couple clips. But didn't watch the event.

Tell me..........was this billed as Pjulliaarvi vs. PLD and how stupid Columbus was for having the 3rd great thing right in their hands and sheeting the bed? Was this all about how great JP has been and what a great NHL career he is going to have? And about how that silly foreign GM in that NHL city that everybody overlooks got sold a bill of goods at the draft table?

Is there anybody that brought up the draft day decision now, almost two years later? Are they still singing the same tune?

If not, I'm sure it won't be much longer before the entire NHL media staff and NHL world lines up at the microphone to say; "hey...I was wrong. Jarmo knew what he was doing". "It sure was stupid of me to prejudge the outcome between these two players". "I've learned my lesson and I will never again fall prey to the NHL herd mentality with regard to predictions, be it drafting or pre-season, or playoffs". "I sure was a dolt on that one and I have learned my lesson."

Reactions: Jaxs

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
So guys.....I didn't get to watch last night. I saw the score. I saw a couple clips. But didn't watch the event.

Tell me..........was this billed as Pjulliaarvi vs. PLD and how stupid Columbus was for having the 3rd great thing right in their hands and sheeting the bed? Was this all about how great JP has been and what a great NHL career he is going to have? And about how that silly foreign GM in that NHL city that everybody overlooks got sold a bill of goods at the draft table? No - it was the Conner McNuggets show beginning / middle / end. as if having a 100 pt center can alone carry a team

Is there anybody that brought up the draft day decision now, almost two years later? Are they still singing the same tune? Nope it is overlooked that we have a #1 centreman that is all of 19 and looks like a full blown star

If not, I'm sure it won't be much longer before the entire NHL media staff and NHL world lines up at the microphone to say; "hey...I was wrong. Jarmo knew what he was doing". "It sure was stupid of me to prejudge the outcome between these two players". "I've learned my lesson and I will never again fall prey to the NHL herd mentality with regard to predictions, be it drafting or pre-season, or playoffs". "I sure was a dolt on that one and I have learned my lesson."

Fair enough- I remember being very upset myself that we didn't follow the advice of the Hockey News - it seemed like everyone was laughing at us - and my Canadian cousin said -what's the problem - you just drafted the top Canadian player, give it a chance. hahahahhahaahhahaha

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jarmo (obviously) has strong and good Scandinavian contacts. His 7th round pick of Nutivaara and his choice of PLD over Puljujarvi are exhibits 1 & 2 for his expertise regarding drafting from this region-although it is very early in the game on exhibit 2. Puljujarvi is 19 (as is PLD) and PLD has had the huge benefit of playing with Panarin. I don't believe that Puljujarvi has played all that much with McDavid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad