Post-Game Talk: Game 76 - The Bruins take over the #1 seed in the East - BRUINS 4 Tampa Bay 2 FINAL

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I'm seriously asking, because I have no clue, has Tampa had injury problems this year?

I mean, I know it hit them hard in teh past, so I know they know how the B's feel in regards to that, but it must be absolutley frustrating as HELL for them to have just lost the lead in the Atlantic to a team that STILL isn't 100%. I mean, at this point in the season, no team is, but Boston's had key starters out frequently this season.

And STILL, the Atlantic's theirs. Look out, NHL. If they don't get the cup this season, they're definitely in it to win it for the next few years at the very least

Palat was out for a long time and thats the only serious one I can think of off the top of my head but I'm probably missing something

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Carlo and Krug were beasts. Acciari was hitting everything he could. And that 3rd goal was pure art.
I love this team. Get healthy and ready to roll.

Perhaps the best game of Carlo's career. Considering opponent and what was on the line. He has more to give with that combination of size and wheels.

Krug is just on another level right now from an offensive perspective. Taking that pass from Marchand on his backhand and hitting Bergeron with a perfect feed all in one motion was something else.

First time in awhile I've felt like Acciari was involved physically. Was hitting with intention. Extremely effective when he plays like that.

Great game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Tampa fans are complaining about a ref conspiracy.

I agree nhl refs stink but I didn’t think tonight’s refs were that bad (I even think they managed a lot of the chippiness pretty well). So am I wrong? I mean pick any NHL game and refs are likely going to be bad but I’m used to that bad to the pint bad feels normal.

Reactions: Krupp

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Made the mistake of going over to Tampa's forum just because I was curious to see how they're handling things.

They're frustrated, of course. But most seem to think they'll still overtake Boston again and win the Atlantic. It's possible.

I think it's interesting that EVERY forum i've been on, of EVERY other team I've read from, including the Caps and the flyers and the canucks, montreal, etc. they ALL hate Boston.

I think that's supposed to be a compliment, right?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Palat was out for a long time and thats the only serious one I can think of off the top of my head but I'm probably missing something
Stamkos is nursing something. He was out the last game,

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I agree nhl refs stink but I didn’t think tonight’s refs were that bad (I even think they managed a lot of the chippiness pretty well). So am I wrong? I mean pick any NHL game and refs are likely going to be bad but I’m used to that bad to the pint bad feels normal.
They’re heated because they think the refs should have called a match penalty on Tuukka because he threw a punch before dropping his blocker.

To them, had he been tossed, they would have won the game

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Made the mistake of going over to Tampa's forum just because I was curious to see how they're handling things.

They're frustrated, of course. But most seem to think they'll still overtake Boston again and win the Atlantic. It's possible.

I think it's interesting that EVERY forum i've been on, of EVERY other team I've read from, including the Caps and the flyers and the canucks, montreal, etc. they ALL hate Boston.

I think that's supposed to be a compliment, right?

It's definitely a compliment, like when the boos rain down on Chara or the hate Marchand got at the All Star game. I love it. I'd rather the Bruins be hated than be the NHL's darlings. Besides, it's more fun being the villain and, like a wise man once said, "Who has more fun than us"

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

I actually thought it was a favorable officiating group tonight for the first time in like 2 months. After all the complaining (rightfully so) we've all done here recently, I could see why Tampa fans are frustrated. But I thought these guys did a good job tonight.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah I meant something serious like long term

Kucherov missed a week or two a month or so ago as well

It's kinda hard for me to sympathize when Backes has had issue after issue all season....and Bergeron's had a knee issue (it was his knee, right? I forget now. That might be Charlie I'm thinking of.) And Charlie's got knee issues. And Chara might have concussion issues, Debrusk and Nash sound like they do too, right? AND Krug's broken jaw!

Yeah. Hard for me to feel sorry for Tampa right now. They've had it fairly easy in comparison, and after all the BS Boston's had to deal with in regards to suspensions and refs treating them like AHL goons, it's getting really hard for me to feel sorry for league darling teams like tampa when they lose an important game. I respect them, and I like them a hell of a lot more than most teams in the league, but their fans are whining ridiculously right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad