GDT: Game 76: Red Wings vs rags 7:00 pm et 4/5/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
So Perron cost us another game. That’s gotta be this important veteran leadership they talk about all the time.. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Sentinel

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I’d be bringing up Berggren for czar right now. Move Perron down to give you a similar look to Rass-Copp-Fish line. Have Berggren up with Ray and Compher

Cat-Larkin-Kane
Berg- Compher- Ray
Perron- copp- Fish
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong

When we were playing our best hockey Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong was our 4th line and they feasted on matchups. Get back to that. Hopefully Berg and his play making can get Ray going again.

Reactions: lgrws91 and 14ari13

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
At least Copp can retrieve pucks better and has been producing more than Veleno recently.

Sprong isn’t a great player but if there’s one thing he CAN do is score
Sprong was on the ice.
Compher was on the ice.
Veleno was on the ice.
Fabbri stayed on the ice the whole 2:32. (I missed him in the original post)
Debrincat stayed on the ice the whole 2:32
Ghost stayed on the ice the whole 2:32

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
People are making too much of Veleno being out there at the end of the game. The Wings pulled the goalie with over 2 minutes left and had their best players out there a long time.

At some point you have to put fresh bodies on the ice.
I agree that I'm starting to see some real flaws in the way Lalonde is managing the game, as has been pointed out putting that line out after our goal just to be scored on and his never using a timeout (out of fear of not being able to challenge imo), more than ever. I just don't think this is a big deal at all.

Copp was on the ice for all 3 goals for last night, though. Probably could've put him out there instead of Joe Veleno. But what is funny is the only reason anyone even knew Veleno was out there (opposed to say, Sprong) was because he was the one that dug in there and had the puck on his stick in the O zone near the end.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Copp with Veleno actually had some decent o-zone shifts last night. Apparently, removing the anchor that is Rasmussen from that line actually noticeably improved their effectiveness.

• Haha
Reactions: theYman

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Thought this was Ed's best game so far.
I really thought he was gonna score tonight. That 2 on 1 with Larkin woulda been sweet! I had money riding on him getting a goal. It was like a 5 dollar bet but woulda made a good chunk.

You know, come to think of it, Kane was pretty sucky last night himself. (But don't get me wrong, typically he has been great).

We need him to be better.
Yeah you could see it in his face at times when they zoomed in on him, he looked frustrated.

I don't understand why are we not playing Berggren.
We need defense. He has a long way. And if he ain't scoring he's almost useless right now.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lalonde is fried for promoting Czarnik anywhere but to the press box. No Derek, he's not 2-3 inches away from being a regular top 6 player on any team, you are wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad