GDT: [Game #74] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
The biggest PP change I've picked up on is improved entries. The old PP would do the deep drop, then have four guys standing at the blueline while one guy tries to carry it in, which only works reliably if you've got someone like Spezza to carry it. After failing at that a couple of times, the puck carrier would start dumping it in, but since everyone else is standing still, it was a possession loss almost every time.

Now, they try to have a couple of guys moving with the puck carrier, flanking him so he's got more options and it's harder to defend. Improved entries = improved o-zone possession time = improved success rate.
You’re taught since atom that you can’t get open if you don’t move. Amazing how that can be lost in translation at the pro level sometimes.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You’re taught since atom that you can’t get open if you don’t move. Amazing how that can be lost in translation at the pro level sometimes.

Watching PP units around the league pass the puck on the edges while doing absolutely no skating is always painful to watch. Happens way too often.

Reactions: BrettHullsToe

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Perhaps should have rerolled for more dexterity in character creation.
The way they keep changing the game every f'ing twenty years, I'm not even sure if it's d6 or d20 for the dexterity rolls any more. Kids these days. Bah humbug.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I haven't been taught since I was an atom. What do they teach at molecule school? What did I miss? (Speaking of lost in translation, hihi.)

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Did not find a new gdt for some reason.... but isnt murray going to start tonight clearly? Since you got an important game against colorado tomorrow. The choise should be clear against the yotes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad