GDT: [Game #74] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #74 – 3/28/2023 – 7:30 PM CT – BSSW
United Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Chicago Blackhawks
39-20-14, 92 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 24-43-6, 54 pts

1em5YM3.png

hxTOfeM.jpg
MebmAjk.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:hawks

Johnson - Dickinson - Raddysh
Reichel - Entwistle - Athanasiou
Katchouk - Khaira - Anderson
Hardman - Johnson - Bjork

Jones - Jones
Englund - Murphy
Zaitzev - Mitchell

Stalock

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Lundkvist out again. Starting to feel like a waste of a 1st round pick. Turning into Honka 2.0

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lundkvist out again. Starting to feel like a waste of a 1st round pick. Turning into Honka 2.0
no, it's different and I didn't like the Lundkvist trade from day 1.
Lundkvist actually has a decent amount of positives in his play, he makes a lot of bad decisions in the defensive zone.
He still isn't worth what we paid for him, but it's going to be the back half of the first round at least. And if Deboer still insists on sitting him next year, maybe they can flip him to whatever team somehow drove up his asking price and recoup something for him. Not that Nill ever is willing to correct mistakes, but we can hold out hope.

Reactions: starsfan86

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't think the Stars overpaid for him and frankly it was a genius move by Nill that will be looked back at as a trendsetter. Not his fault the coach is now botching it.

Nils should've been paired with Lindell from the jump. It's so mind-numbingly obvious of a solution. Lindell-Hakanpaa doesn't make sense on paper, doesn't make sense in practice, doesn't make sense after 70 games.

I'm trying to be even-keeled with PDB because what he did with WJ has earned him a huge grace period, but he's proving to be annoyingly inflexible/unimaginative as the season goes on.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't think the Stars overpaid for him and frankly it was a genius move by Nill that will be looked back at as a trendsetter. Not his fault the coach is now botching it.

Nils should've been paired with Lindell from the jump. It's so mind-numbingly obvious of a solution. Lindell-Hakanpaa doesn't make sense on paper, doesn't make sense in practice, doesn't make sense after 70 games.

I'm trying to be even-keeled with PDB because what he did with WJ has earned him a huge grace period, but he's proving to be annoyingly inflexible/unimaginative as the season goes on.
Sure.
a 1st and a 4th for a player who demanded a trade, refused to report to camp without a trade and is now eating Healthy Scratches for Joel Hanley. Absolutely Genius.
It only looks so horrible because DeBoer is a mean guy who just won't throw the guy who already struggles with decisions in the defensive zone in the top 4 next to Lindell.

Anyway Wedgewood is skating again finally, so he might be able to come back in the next few games.

Last edited:

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
PDB knows better than we do what players fit his system, but if Lundkvist is going to be scratched for weeks/months at a time, he needs to be sent to the AHL. There's probably a good reason he hasn't been though. He's not going to fix any of these bad habits from the press box.

As a young player he is doing fine but life is more exciting from the edge of the cliff I suppose.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
PDB knows better than we do what players fit his system, but if Lundkvist is going to be scratched for weeks/months at a time, he needs to be sent to the AHL. There's probably a good reason he hasn't been though. He's not going to fix any of these bad habits from the press box.

As a young player he is doing fine but life is more exciting from the edge of the cliff I suppose.
Fairly certain he'd have to go through waivers.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
You're right, forgot he played games in NYR. Yeah I'd call that a good reason.
I still don't get scratching him for Hanley. Last 5 with Hanley we're 2-2-1, last 5 with Lundkvist we're 3-2. He's not causing us to lose games, Lindell and Hakanpaa on the other hand. He may make mistakes in the defensive end, but he's also one of the only D-men we have that can move the puck outside of Miro. Miro's also been making defensive zone mistakes more frequently lately, the entire defense is just kind of sucking.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I still don't get scratching him for Hanley. Last 5 with Hanley we're 2-2-1, last 5 with Lundkvist we're 3-2. He's not causing us to lose games, Lindell and Hakanpaa on the other hand. He may make mistakes in the defensive end, but he's also one of the only D-men we have that can move the puck outside of Miro. Miro's also been making defensive zone mistakes more frequently lately, the entire defense is just kind of sucking.
None of these guys are fair comparisons for Lundkvist nor in danger of losing their roster spot to him. Lindell and Hakanpaa are a shutdown pair so they're out there when the ice tilts against, of course there are going to be more situations where they are getting burned. Lundkvist is heavily sheltered so his metrics should be great and he should not be blundering so visibly so often. Miro creates 10 goals for every mistake he makes (it seems) and I think we both understand that.

Hanley over Lundvist I think could be similar logic to Dellandrea over Stankoven or Damiani. Hanley is a versatile utility knife player who helps take some tough jobs away from the top players in a way that Lundkvist doesn't. In fact, it's the opposite. Lundkvist demands touches and opportunity to be effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad