GDT: [Game #74] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
He’s also very good at pinning the puck to the boards in the offensive zone :)

He was way outside the crease. That’s not on Glendening.

He does his job and has more value than Dellandrea. Play solid Defense, takes critical face offs and is great at it.

Glendening is fine, but pts differences don't lie so..
its kinda approaching apples v oranges?

99wasthebest

Jun 30, 2009
It's amusing seeing empty seats in Chicago again. Weren't their fans adamant about not being bandwagoners?

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
It's amusing seeing empty seats in Chicago again. Weren't their fans adamant about not being bandwagoners?
its a weeknight and it sucks driving there
easy enough to forecast the L for a team that is still in the teardown stage of a big rebuild

i hear you but if the neck hadn't already been stepped on w Stalock being a turd it might be worth sticking this out... buuuut its not.

and i get being pissed off about getting hit, but it really is on him

oof, poor fight choice

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Dellandrea sucks at fighting as well. What a trash 1st round pick. He needs another year in the AHL.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I've decided Hakanpaa would have played zero career NHL games if he was 6'0. The guy handles the puck like a beer leaguer.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
pretty boring for a 4-1 game
but its not losing to a team we should beat easily for once

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Apparently (from people who watched the replay closely), Murphy wanted to fight Glendening for hitting Stalock, but Dellandrea decided to step in and take the fight instead.

I guess hockey logic says that Dellandrea fighting Murphy makes up for Glendenning running Stalock, cuz hoky playrs r smrt.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Steve Spott sucks.
It's actually hilarious to think back to the meltdown the boards had when it was announced Spott was joining the team. Especially given that Spott's track record did not match his reputation given to him by fans.

The Stars have a top 3-5 powerplay in the league and compared to last year the PP is scoring 10% more, attempting 21% more shots, and generating 25% more expected goals. Complete makeover.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
The biggest PP change I've picked up on is improved entries. The old PP would do the deep drop, then have four guys standing at the blueline while one guy tries to carry it in, which only works reliably if you've got someone like Spezza to carry it. After failing at that a couple of times, the puck carrier would start dumping it in, but since everyone else is standing still, it was a possession loss almost every time.

Now, they try to have a couple of guys moving with the puck carrier, flanking him so he's got more options and it's harder to defend. Improved entries = improved o-zone possession time = improved success rate.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
It's actually hilarious to think back to the meltdown the boards had when it was announced Spott was joining the team. Especially given that Spott's track record did not match his reputation given to him by fans.

The Stars have a top 3-5 powerplay in the league and compared to last year the PP is scoring 10% more, attempting 21% more shots, and generating 25% more expected goals. Complete makeover.
Yeah I wrote that whenever pp2 came out lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad