GDT: Game 72 GDT thread Oilers at Jets 7pm CST Tuesday March 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Will be at the game. Low expections. My over-under for shots allowed is 35. 50% on the PK, 0 for 3 on the PP. 4-1 loss, Nate Schmidt scores when a puck deflects off his skate. I spill a beer, and spend $20 on the 50-50 and can't even match 3 numbers. And then I run into my ex and her new boyfriend. As I said low expectations.
You definitely need to change your username haha

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Meh I give up... I have one last post that I wrote last night analyzing the numbers behind their decline since the ASB that I will post but if the Jets coaches don't care then I am not gonna put too much energy into this team either other than a couple of posts here and there in GDTs.

What a sad turn this season has taken, these decisions have very likely cost us the chance to win the division and will now potentially cost us a chance of winning in the 1st round.
"If the Jets coaches don't do what I think they should do, I refuse to enjoy watching the team play"

Go find a team who uses their players the way you think they should and cheer for them

Fack

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
If we’re sitting our best defensive defenceman (Samberg) and playing our worst defensive defenceman (Stanley) against the best offensive team in the league then I no longer know what to think. It’s far too late to tank. 🤷‍♂️

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Thanks @The Blue Baron

These Jets are an exhausted team, needing to find some way out of their current funk.

Let it begin to happen now, against the hated homonculi from the west, stinking of gear oil, hair dripping with long-chain hydrocarbons; watch as they shuffle, pores clogged tight, outmoded, pervasive, unwanted, asphyxiating in their personal space. Les H'uilers.

Jets. You know the drill -> notochords, air sacs, lobes -> mighty coelacanths sending it.

:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets:jets
“Let it begin to happen now, against the hated homonculi from the west, stinking of gear oil, hair dripping with long-chain hydrocarbons; watch as they shuffle, pores clogged tight, outmoded, pervasive, unwanted, asphyxiating in their personal space. Les H'uilers.”

You paint a perfectly vivid perfect picture in my mind!:laugh:

1711474290903.gif

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Top Ten Reasons Jets win tonight...

10. Helly has a bee up his arse. Never stinks twice.
9. The Captain is pissed.
8. These ain't the Smythe Oilers.
7. Stan the Man gonna "limb" McDavid.
6. KFC Top 10 in Goals per 60. Scores again. And again.
5. Scheif gets back to "Bones hockey".
4. Too many empty seats on the bandwagon.
3. Some face offs will be won.
2. Tofoflio and Monohan really wanna be here. And play like it again.
1. BONES IS BACK. Enough said.

Top-Ten.jpg

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
I can understand why some are frustrated with the boys as of late. I also applaud those still backing the team. I'm somewhere in the middle I guess but always relaxed.

It hasn't been pretty lately. In my many years of watching hockey and formulating amateur opinions about it, it's very seldom that I've seen a group limp into the dance and flip the switch to become champions. If the Jets continue to play this way, regardless of the reason(s), they will likely be met with a boot in their bottom come round 1. No matter the opponent.

Fortunately, the final chapter of this campaign is yet to be written. Anything can happen between now and the awarding of Lord Stanley's Cup. Including the Jets smacking up each of the Western Conference hopefuls in these final 11 regs and all of us partaking in merriment together. Which would make me smile. I've got the mash-up's cued up baby!

My favorite thing about the playoffs is, there is nowhere to hide. The spotlight is on and a team's minerals are laid bare for all to witness. The truth about this group will be made crystal clear very soon. I am still as excited as I possibly could be, because the Jets are going to be playing postseason hockey and I effing love postseason hockey. Especially when my team is part of it.

Aside from having a bit of fun at their expense, I'm still confident in these Jets to come good. Thankfully, it's all out of my control. So I enjoy when it's swell and I focus on other projects when it ain't. I appreciate all the different perspectives here, whether I fully agree with them or not. As much as I enjoy positivity and optimism, I don't believe those that are expressing valid concerns are silly for voicing them. We all see it differently. The only thing I'd truly take umbrage with, should the Jets crash and burn, is people reveling in defeat. The I-told-you-so's coming out and stuff of nature. At that point you'd have to wonder if "supporting" the club is really the healthiest pastime.

Here's to them going on a storied run that will be talked about for generations! We all dream of a Cup in unison and that's really cool!

Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If we’re sitting our best defensive defenceman (Samberg) and playing our worst defensive defenceman (Stanley) against the best offensive team in the league then I no longer know what to think. It’s far too late to tank. 🤷‍♂️
Small sample size for Stanley, but his goal differential is better tha Pionk, Dillon and Schmidt

xGF% is similar

Stanley has been a lightning rod for hate around here but his play this year has been solid. He's certainly been better than Pionk, albeit in different roles and usages

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Small sample size for Stanley, but his goal differential is better tha Pionk, Dillon and Schmidt

xGF% is similar

Stanley has been a lightning rod for hate around here but his play this year has been solid. He's certainly been better than Pionk, albeit in different roles and usages
And he actually hits the net with some shots from the point. :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Need more Jane for tonight....Glad i got to see these guys live before Page left the band, just a super fun concert.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022

xGF% is similar

I do not “hate” Stanley. But he is what he is. A 7th or 8th defenceman on a good NHL team.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Meh I give up... I have one last post that I wrote last night analyzing the numbers behind their decline since the ASB that I will post but if the Jets coaches don't care then I am not gonna put too much energy into this team either other than a couple of posts here and there in GDTs.

What a sad turn this season has taken, these decisions have very likely cost us the chance to win the division and will now potentially cost us a chance of winning in the 1st round.
Post away and don't give up.
Just remember, the coach cares deeply just not about the numbers, so don't take that personally. That's the way of the (HF) world.

".... a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest"

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
I do not “hate” Stanley. But he is what he is. A 7th or 8th defenceman on a good NHL team.

And your stats regarding Pionk do not explain why it is Samberg that is likely sitting. I would be tickled if Pionk was given a rest for a change.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So the only lineup change for tonight's game is Stanley in for Samberg.
Hopefully Stanley doesn't take any penalties and start chasing to be out of position. I got anything against Stanley and I agree he has to play more games to be ready for the playoffs but the Jets are playing the Oilers a top scoring PP and fast skating team ... ouch.

Reactions: Ponds

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Schmidt and Stanley have been pretty good together this year in a somewhat small sample. Prior to this season, those two were not very good together.

Reactions: Buffdog and Ponds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad