GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Avs just came off two wins where they didn't carry the play but made their scoring chances count and got good goaltending. It's not like this is an auto-loss. Just a very tough game since Predators are one of the best two teams in the league.

I'd argue they were better in Minnesota than the shot clock showed outside of the first 10 minutes. Agreed on last night though.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Didn't Hammond play some games for the Sens last year and did really well? Why not just give him a start tonight if Varly is tired? Or is Hammond injured too?
Still on injured reserve with a head injury sustained in a fight with ronald mcdonald. At least thats the way i wish it happened. Technically its from a stick to the head while on the bench

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Varly looked tired late last game and I don't blame him. He made 44 saves and he was active in his crease. You sit him tonight against the Preds and play him Sunday. Varly is the one guy who cannot get injured under any circumstance right now and you run that risk if you play him tonight.

Reactions: sethro109

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Expecting a blowout. The Preds are easily cup favorites and the best team in the league. If the Avs can somehow manage to get the game to OT, it'll be a success.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We'll need something exceptional to win tonight, like a hat trick from Ghetto.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Some more Zadorov quotes:

This was my halloween costume this year... only 3 people got it...

idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

Reactions: Avalanche and Murzu

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Interesting since they were saying he was MIA down there. I wonder if this this type of stuff will get better once they're in Loveland.

Nothing against the Rampage guys, but it will be awesome having so much coverage of Av prospects next year for the Eagles. There's just more incentive for Avs reporters to cover them there. I'm sure the Avs as an organization will be pumping them up with PR too. Hopefully they bring in a good media department, and put out some good videos.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
With Varly...if he didn't look so exhausted last night I'd say play him tonight and let Martin take the Wings but Varly really needs a rest so I hope he sits tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad