GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think we lost the game because we were gased. It was in even game (more or less) but we couldn't push enough in the 3rd to even the score. The Preds showed us why they are a Cup-Contender this year ... but also the Avs showed the hockey world why they are still in the playoff picture and that they actually DESERVE to make it.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I want no part of Nashville in the play-offs so it's important to get the first wild card spot. The Avs tried their best but the Preds are just too good.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think we lost the game because we were gased. It was in even game (more or less) but we couldn't push enough in the 3rd to even the score. The Preds showed us why they are a Cup-Contender this year ... but also the Avs showed the hockey world why they are still in the playoff picture and that they actually DESERVE to make it.

Preds were on a back to back too. Preds played good hockey, just expertly shut things down in the third after ensuring they got the lead going into it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We already have a JT, and his name is Jimmothy Timmothy Compher. (love Moser for that)

Btw, if you offer Tavares a contract and tell him: "Hey we need you for secondary scoring" he probably say: No thank you.
First of all, i don't think Compher is ever gonna become a player like Tavares, i don't know what gave you the idea or indications that he will, and you don't tell Tavares that he's gonna be a secondary scorer, you tell him that he's gonna be 1A 1B with MacKinnon , you know how it was with Sakic and Forsberg.

If Avs do make the playoffs this year, and if JT is testing the free agency, Colorado would be an attractive destination for him. Youngest team in the NHL who made the playoffs, have MacKinnon, and almost everything you need to make a good run, and JT would be a very big piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
First of all, i don't think Compher is ever gonna become a player like Tavares, i don't know what gave you the idea or indications that he will, and you don't tell Tavares that he's gonna be a secondary scorer, you tell him that he's gonna be 1A 1B with MacKinnon , you know how it was with Sakic and Forsberg.

If Avs do make the playoffs this year, and if JT is testing the free agency, Colorado would be an attractive destination for him. Youngest team in the NHL who made the playoffs, have MacKinnon, and almost everything you need to make a good run, and JT would be a very big piece of the puzzle.

I don't think that JTC will ever be as good as Tavares - not even close. But Jimmothy Timmothy gets me going all the time.

The problem that i have is YOU shoving the name "Dahlin" down our throates for the first half of the season and changing that to "Tavares" as soon as it became clear that Dahlin is not going to happen.

We all know what a great player Tavares is and that he probably would make the Avs a contender the second he signs here. So there is no need for you to bring the name up every time we lose a game. You like him, we all do (i assume) - but for the time being we are fine without him.

If he actually hits FA THEN it is time to talk about him - not now.

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't think that JTC will ever be as good as Tavares - not even close. But Jimmothy Timmothy gets me going all the time.

The problem that i have is YOU shoving the name "Dahlin" down our throates for the first half of the season and changing that to "Tavares" as soon as it became clear that Dahlin is not going to happen.

We all know what a great player Tavares is and that he probably would make the Avs a contender the second he signs here. So there is no need for you to bring the name up every time we lose a game. You like him, we all do (i assume) - but for the time being we are fine without him.

If he actually hits FA THEN it is time to talk about him - not now.
I would bring up Dahlin because after a 48 point season, me and rest of the world didn't think Avs would be contending for the playoffs late into this season, so yeah I did want this team to win a lottery and draft Dahlin, but now that they have proved everyone wrong and can actually be a playoff team, I want Tavares if he's available, so they can actually make the playoffs and beat teams like Preds, Jets etc.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Jost, Leon & Shvyry will be beautiful together. The big question is, will we be able to build the trade around Timmins, or will we have to put t-boobs on the table?

:laugh: I don't know what it is you're taking these days, but if you could hook me up with your dealer, that'd be great, okay?

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was gunna say that since landy is 92, Mack is 29, and Mikko is 96...we should complete the numerical palindrome. But that works to :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->