GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Colorado Avalanche
cut.jpg

VS

The Nashville Predators
pk-subban-lost.jpg

:avs
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Compher - Andrighetto
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Kerfoot - Toninato - Bourque

Zadorov - Barrie
Nemeth - Girard
Siemens - Warsofsky

Varlamov
Martin

:nashville
Hartnell - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Smith
Forsberg - Bonino - Hartman
Salomaki - Sissons - Watson

Josi - Bittetto
Ekholm - Ellis
Emelin - Subban

Saros
Rinne

Live Look Inside the Predators Locker Room

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Some notes:

1. I assume Kamenev will be in for somebody, will update when the info comes in.

2. I will believe they start Martin when I see it, you might as well just scratch the top line while you're at it if you want to forfeit the game.

3. Rinne played last night, I'm guessing Saros will be in net.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
After our 2 road wins tonights game is a bonus game for me. I'm happy with 1 pt, orgasmic with 2, But even if we lose in regulation - Meh, not a big deal.

Bring back the EJ and flush the Wings down the drain on Sunday and it's all good.

Oh and pls rest Varly - we can not afford to lose him as long as Berns is out.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
f*** 'em. Nashville dosn't even have the Highlander left to protect them. It's time for the Landy to absolutely shine. I love Nashville, they are my third favorite team...but tonight...f*** 'em.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Honestly, doubt anyone expects to win this.

Rest Zadorov and Varlamov. It’s too bad this game is tonight, given Z is banged up, Varly has appeared in 16 games in a row, and the team is probably drained after beating the two teams they always struggle to play.

Won’t be able to watch this one, other than checking the score on my phone. Might be the first game I’ve missed since November.

All I ask is for MacKinnon points to keep him in the hunt for 100.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Honestly, doubt anyone expects to win this.

Rest Zadorov and Varlamov. It’s too bad this game is tonight, given Z is banged up, Varly has appeared in 16 games in a row, and the team is probably drained after beating the two teams they always struggle to play.

Won’t be able to watch this one, other than checking the score on my phone. Might be the first game I’ve missed since November.

All I ask is for MacKinnon points to keep him in the hunt for 100.
3-2 MacKinnon.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'll be betting some solid money on Nashville tonight.

Avs coming off two huge emotional wins on the road against two teams they're battling with for playoff position. They've already accomplished what they set out to do this week. They're either going to have an exhausted Varlamov or a bad Spencer Martin between the pipes. I just expect them to come out completely flat and they're probably even going to be okay with that.

This was a series of 3 games in 4 nights and the Avalanche most likely had two games circled of those 3. This isn't one of them. To top it off, Nashville is on a back to back on the road so the betting odds are probably even going to be juicer on the Preds than the Avalanche. Especially with Colorado's home record heavily being weighed in odds.

Obviously hoping for an Avalanche win, but unless we get a goaltender performance for the ages or some type of ridiculous luck early on that leads to a 2/3 goal lead a few minutes in, this is going to be alllll Preds.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Don't know what you guys are talking about. We are going streaking!

Reactions: cgf

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
AVS gonna surprise us, the Soda line will explode and Dunc will be on the ice permanently as kind of a second goalie next to Martin

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'll be betting some solid money on Nashville tonight.

Avs coming off two huge emotional wins on the road against two teams they're battling with for playoff position. They've already accomplished what they set out to do this week. They're either going to have an exhausted Varlamov or a bad Spencer Martin between the pipes. I just expect them to come out completely flat and they're probably even going to be okay with that.

This was a series of 3 games in 4 nights and the Avalanche most likely had two games circled of those 3. This isn't one of them. To top it off, Nashville is on a back to back on the road so the betting odds are probably even going to be juicer on the Preds than the Avalanche. Especially with Colorado's home record heavily being weighed in odds.

Obviously hoping for an Avalanche win, but unless we get a goaltender performance for the ages or some type of ridiculous luck early on that leads to a 2/3 goal lead a few minutes in, this is going to be alllll Preds.
Nieto goal late in the third, off his chest into the net, to cost you your cash.

Reactions: cgf and dahrougem2

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
For the love of the hockey gods, please rest Varlamov, Jared.

And while you're at it, give big Z a maintenance day and sit Kerfoot too. Please.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't know what to think of this game. Both teams on the second of a B2B, our play at home, the last game being a pretty even affair, and us not having a capable backup right now.

While the team has been winning, they haven't dominated two games in a row.

Logically it's a hard bet, emotionally its a let down primer. Hopefully this one is similar to the last game against them with our puck luck continuing, and putting us on the better side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad