GDT: Game 71: Predators @ Avalanche - Friday, March 16th, 7PM - Predators and Prey

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Please play varly. My fantasy team cant take the hit to plus/minus from mack, rants and z. All in all smartest thing is probably playing varly. Just hate putting in martin and basically conceding points when were in the playoff race

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Please play varly. My fantasy team cant take the hit to plus/minus from mack, rants and z. All in all smartest thing is probably playing varly. Just hate putting in martin and basically conceding points when were in the playoff race
Smartest thing is not playing Varly. He's made 15 of the last 16 starts, and the one he didn't he had to come in and play in relief of Bernier. He needs a rest, if not for his sanity then for his groins.

The big test this week was the road trip and the Avs went 2-0. Give Varlamov the rest on a back to back and let him come in on Sunday vs Detroit.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
With Bernier hurt I'd rather they didn't ride Varly until he breaks and we're left trying to make the playoffs with Martin. going 2-0 on the road this week gives you the flexability to rest Varly. Hell I'd even let Z rest tonight if last night's issue is still bothering him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Smartest thing is not playing Varly. He's made 15 of the last 16 starts, and the one he didn't he had to come in and play in relief of Bernier. He needs a rest, if not for his sanity then for his groins.

The big test this week was the road trip and the Avs went 2-0. Give Varlamov the rest on a back to back and let him come in on Sunday vs Detroit.
I actually mistyped. I meant to put not playing varly is smartest thing. Point still stands though that i hate idea of playing martin and conceding points in a tight race

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I actually mistyped. I meant to put not playing varly is smartest thing. Point still stands though that i hate idea of playing martin and conceding points in a tight race

Lose the battle, win the war.

These 2 points are far less important than the remaining 20 points left after this game.

The avs don’t need to win every single game. They just need to win the ones they’re supposed to win.

Reactions: Ararana

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, I'm becoming more and more confident down the stretch that 94 points is the playoff bubble this year.

Anaheim needs to go 6-5-0 in it's remaining 11 games to hit 94. Calgary needs to go 7-4-0 down the stretch to hit 94. And St. Louis needs to go 7-4-1 to hit 94 points. Anaheim and Calgary also play each other once more still this season. So that's going to be a loss for one of those teams making it even tougher for them to hit 94.

Avs can go 5-7-0 in our last 12 games and hit that 94 point mark. And over all 3 of those teams, we win the Tiebreaker as we have 3 or more ROWs then every one of those teams.

If we beat the teams that are way behind us, Detroit and Chicago(x2), then we just need to win 2 more of these tougher games and we should get in.

Reactions: avsfan09

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Lose the battle, win the war.

These 2 points are far less important than the remaining 20 points left after this game.

The avs don’t need to win every single game. They just need to win the ones they’re supposed to win.
True and theres many ways to look at it but i think id go varly here. The teams hot and lets try to keep point streak up. If varly needs the rest, i say go with martin on sunday in a winnable game vs detroit no matter who the goalie is. That also gives varly an extra day of rest so he gets 3 days instead of 2

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Lose the corsi, win the game. Mack is determined to drag this team into the playoffs with the aid of his trusty sidekick the finish fiend.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd love to be surprised tonight by the Avs but it's a back to back vs the best team in the league. I know they're also on a back to back, but they're significantly better than us lol. Also, if it's Saros vs Martin I think we know who has the goaltending advantage.

If Zadorov is feeling hurt from last night, rest him. No sense in he or Varly playing if they're tired/banged up.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting since they were saying he was MIA down there. I wonder if this this type of stuff will get better once they're in Loveland.

It will since there will be actual coverage. I don't think even the local paper there in SA has anything to do with the Rampage. BSN will be there, BR, MHH, the Post (if they survive), Mile High Sports, etc.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Didn't Hammond play some games for the Sens last year and did really well? Why not just give him a start tonight if Varly is tired? Or is Hammond injured too?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs just came off two wins where they didn't carry the play but made their scoring chances count and got good goaltending. It's not like this is an auto-loss. Just a very tough game since Predators are one of the best two teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad