GDT: Game 71 | Columbus at Philadelphia | 3/15 7PM

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Beware trap game vs Ottawa. We typically struggle against them, and IIRC we really struggle against them at home. Plus they're playing well.

Need the West teams to play well to kick down Jersey. If Jersey loses a few games, the Jackets will be sitting pretty.

@Sore Loser @CBJWennberg10 ... totally feels like we’ve played Ottawa maybe 3 times max at home in the last 10 years lol. Funny how different teams give off different vibes when it comes to match ups.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Cole with more ice time than any D man except Seth.
Z is hurt so they are playing him sparingly, Nuti is just coming back, JJ is playing his worst hockey of his career and Savard has been playing like he was before when he was super lazy and the CBJ nearly cut him. Not saying Cole hasn't played great since being here but that makes by far the most sense for #2 on ice

Correction, In your mind, it has been deserved.
No Savard has been really bad this season. Better since the TDL but Savard went from great value contract to I hope other teams think he's a great value RHDso maybe Jarmo can fleece someone. He used to be dominant with JJ but bad with others and now he's just been bad with others.
So much hate for him from Philly board. Love it. :D
He's done some questionable things this game but after Gudas last game against us I'm ok with it. But as a Philly fan I would have been furious especially for the hit after the goal from behind. That was a hard shot.
Should Go: Werenski-Jones/Murray-Savard/Cole-Johnson

I'm split on Nutivaara and Johnson. Depending on "play" and the opponent, I think they should be the guys swapping in and out.
Z-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Cole-Savard is my choice. Murray and Nuti on the 2nd pair was AWESOME pre Murray injury. Nuti on the right. I'd bet a 1 goal game the first time we play those pairs with a puck the slowly slides past Bob while he sits there coveringnwhat he thinks is the puck.
Man the Philly fans HATE Cole. I love it. Now we gotta get Pittsburgh regretting trading him away.
If he plays like he did tonight against them I'll let him grab a camera and interview me in a white room with a black leather couch and I won't even expect to make 1 thousand to 5 thousand a day.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
They have 3 games to get 4 or more points. They're scorching hot and beating all kinds of teams, it's very realistic for them to go 2-1-1 or 3-1-0.

:huh:While I appreciate the concept of your post I think it is very unrealistic, in fact impossible. for them to achieve the records you suggest. Not even Gretzky's Oilers could pull that off. :laugh:

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
He's done some questionable things this game but after Gudas last game against us I'm ok with it. But as a Philly fan I would have been furious especially for the hit after the goal from behind. That was a hard shot.

I was perfectly OK with the crosscheck after the goal. It sends a message to the Soderbergs of the league that if you touch our stars then we'll touch yours.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I think Savard has been the worst Dman on the team for awhile now, he's not looked good at all, i figured he would be the odd man out when everyone is healthy..but with Murray, what are the chances they will ever be healthy...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What if we win them both?
Pish tosh! Rubbish! Nonsense!

* * *​
Buckeye fans still be like “yeah....but we didn’t win by 20, and the other team outplayed us and dubi is over paid and playoff bob is here and we need to send out a search party for panarin and trade Murray before he is broken again.”
As a Buckeye fan myself... it hurts because it's true. (It's likely a significant part of why I'm occasionally unduly harsh towards pessimistic folks here.)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure why everyone keeps praising Bob for saving us like he's our whole team. Isn't that his job? The guy makes $7.5M per year. He damn well better makes some big saves.
You're right. We shouldn't acknowledge him for those big saves; rather limit our comments to flogging him when he's not playing well.

Reactions: Sore Loser

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I've thought Savard has been pretty damn good ever since Cole arrived. He can be a much better partner to Savard than JJ ever was.
Last year JJ and Savard were the most dominant shut down pair in the league. With NO PP time but playing PK the were both +30 range. For not playing PP and playing PK and also playing heavier minutes in leads and getting all the D zone starts you start to see how dominant they were base on that +30. ESPECIALLY after our PP stopped working and our scoring dropped exponentially. To keep a + that high... People say that's a dumb stat but use it in the context I just did and it paints you a beautiful picture.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Last year JJ and Savard were the most dominant shut down pair in the league. With NO PP time but playing PK the were both +30 range. For not playing PP and playing PK and also playing heavier minutes in leads and getting all the D zone starts you start to see how dominant they were base on that +30. ESPECIALLY after our PP stopped working and our scoring dropped exponentially. To keep a + that high... People say that's a dumb stat but use it in the context I just did and it paints you a beautiful picture.
Get out of here. Best shutdown pair in the league... lmao.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Yeah, except when you realize +/- is a stat that is only kept during even strength...

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Interesting article on our defense, and how to proceed this summer. In a nutshell Nutivaara is a beast, and a must sign, same with Ian Cole. Now Ryan Murray :popcorn:

Sign Markus Nutivaara. Pay him whatever he wants. He literally makes every partner better (red square is without Nuti, black square is with

. Either trade Ryan Murray’s RFA rights, or make a qualifying offer but encourage him to sign elsewhere. He’s still too good to let him walk for nothing, but I feel like both sides would be happier with a change in scenery. He misses too much time to injury and John Tortorella was clearly frustrated with the pace of his latest recovery

Some tough decisions loom this summer for the Columbus blue line - The Cannon

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Glad to see Nuti is getting some love. He's been great this year, and was a beast in the playoffs last year. Hopefully he can show that again this year.

And Mikey, sure they had a good year last year, I'm not discounting that- but Cole is clearly a better player than JJ at this point, and can allow Savard to play at a consistently high level, whereas with JJ he was pretty inconsistent. Just my opinion, but I ride Cole-Savard until they give me reason not to.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
You're right. We shouldn't acknowledge him for those big saves; rather limit our comments to flogging him when he's not playing well.
Looking back, I probably didn't word my comment correctly. I know Bob is great, but people say without him making great saves, we'd be in trouble. Can't you say that about every team? Bob is supposed to make big saves for us. Name a SC contender with an average goalie.

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Fair to say we've all had our share of in the moment player judgements. just a few weeks ago, Jarmo should be fired, our team only had a couple players that were the core, our organization doesnt have much talent in the farm system, etc. Torts needs to be fired, yes guilty as charged. Amazing a 6 game winning streak changes our perspective on the team, and organization as a whole. Also, Kudos to Jarmo, for the moves he made at the deadline. Cole was an amazing pick up, Vanek has been pretty good, and Testy shores up our 4th line.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Fair to say we've all had our share of in the moment player judgements. just a few weeks ago, Jarmo should be fired, our team only had a couple players that were the core, our organization doesnt have much talent in the farm system, etc. Torts needs to be fired, yes guilty as charged. Amazing a 6 game winning streak changes our perspective on the team, and organization as a whole. Also, Kudos to Jarmo, for the moves he made at the deadline. Cole was an amazing pick up, Vanek has been pretty good, and Testy shores up our 4th line.

Yup. Thank you for being honest with yourself here. I just don't get any of the bashing on Atkinson and his contract. He's put up 20 points in the 22 games since returning from his foot injury

Reactions: MoeBartoli

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yup. Thank you for being honest with yourself here. I just don't get any of the bashing on Atkinson and his contract. He's put up 20 points in the 22 games since returning from his foot injury
Have to keep it real. Im not a fan of Cam, with Bread, because I think Cam is a much better scorer than passer, but for anyone to say Cam is not worth his contract , is foolish . I would like to see Bjork, or Milano on powerplay with Bread , just a couple times, because no one can ever set him up, like he sets players up all day, with that cross seam pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad