GDT: Game 71 | Columbus at Philadelphia | 3/15 7PM

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Jackets could have had a few more. Milano missed an open net, Cam flubbed a breakaway, Dubinsky had Calvert on a breakaway (think on a PK) and for some reason held the puck, then lost it. I probably missed other things since I didn't see the entire game, but the chances went both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I thought they played with good energy and competed hard. Surprisingly they struggled a bit defensively, but aside from that they played strong. No shame in that either, Philly has some damn talented forwards.

Gotta get two points over Ottawa. It's a trap game for sure, but win that and the Boston game won't really matter all that much. Granted, we need to win all we can, but worse things can happen than a loss in Boston.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought they played with good energy and competed hard. Surprisingly they struggled a bit defensively, but aside from that they played strong. No shame in that either, Philly has some damn talented forwards.

Gotta get two points over Ottawa. It's a trap game for sure, but win that and the Boston game won't really matter all that much. Granted, we need to win all we can, but worse things can happen than a loss in Boston.
What if we lose to Ottawa but win the Boston game?

;)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Not sure why everyone keeps praising Bob for saving us like he's our whole team. Isn't that his job? The guy makes $7.5M per year. He damn well better makes some big saves.
Doesn't make so much this year and next.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Should Go: Werenski-Jones/Murray-Savard/Cole-Johnson

I'm split on Nutivaara and Johnson. Depending on "play" and the opponent, I think they should be the guys swapping in and out.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Not that this stat means anything butttttt

We’re officially back to an even goal differential. First time in months.
Actually it will mean something, because we have a tiebreaker with Philly. If we lose to Cats we will have a tiebreaker with them too. If Row are even GDIF comes in place.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Beware trap game vs Ottawa. We typically struggle against them, and IIRC we really struggle against them at home. Plus they're playing well.

Need the West teams to play well to kick down Jersey. If Jersey loses a few games, the Jackets will be sitting pretty.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Beware trap game vs Ottawa. We typically struggle against them, and IIRC we really struggle against them at home. Plus they're playing well.

Need the West teams to play well to kick down Jersey. If Jersey loses a few games, the Jackets will be sitting pretty.

Home team has won both games in the OTT series. Their offense is popping though, gotta be sharp.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Didn't get a chance to watch this one. 6 in a row. Color me shocked. 2 in a row without Murray. Will miracles ever cease?
Seriously CR.
latest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->