GDT: Game 71 | Columbus at Philadelphia | 3/15 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Fair to say we've all had our share of in the moment player judgements.
Yes, but there's a difference between having those moments, and expressing them as though they have merit and are worthy of sharing.

EDIT: OTOH, one should also allow for the fact that some folks just like to vent. :)

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Honestly I don't know why I was thinking otherwise... point still remains haha. They were dominant as a shut down pair.

All I want to say if that THE TEAM played very good last year, so the NUMBERS of many guys will look very good.
Jack Jones is not a defensive d man. David Savard is still being "criminally" underrated by many fans here.

I fully believe a Murray-Savard pairing could be a TOP defensive pairing. To a lesser extent, Cole-Savard.

JJ is a good "all around" defenseman. He should not be used in as many defensive situations as he is. Jones, Murray, Savard and Cole are all better defensively. I also think Nutivaara's offensive ability isn't as important to the team because of Jones and Werenski.

Jones-Murray-Werenski-Savard-Cole-Nutivaaara-Johnson-Kukan-Harrington-Carlsson

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Fair to say we've all had our share of in the moment player judgements. just a few weeks ago, Jarmo should be fired, our team only had a couple players that were the core, our organization doesnt have much talent in the farm system, etc. Torts needs to be fired, yes guilty as charged. Amazing a 6 game winning streak changes our perspective on the team, and organization as a whole. Also, Kudos to Jarmo, for the moves he made at the deadline. Cole was an amazing pick up, Vanek has been pretty good, and Testy shores up our 4th line.

To be fair, most of you just don't know what you are talking about.

Check those corsi's...

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
No but Seth Johnson might be :naughty:

I think this poster might be Rimer. Is this you Jeff? Be honest.

No.

I am not "respected" on hfboards or throughout the NHL, as I have heard Rimer is.

I also don't need Jody Shelley to inform me that Dubi and the "4th line" are used currently (and nearly the entire year) in a primarily defensive role, and that we are on a "big" win streak during the most important stretch of the year.

However, after hearing Rimer's 'in depth' analysis game after game, year after year, I'm fairly certain he at least "browses" here.

"It would be good if the CBJ can get Dubi going", he says, after he "misses" a horrible bouncing rebound with opposing defenseman all around.

It would be good if he, and others here, could acknowledge that goals against are just as important as goals forward. And also, that other players on the team, other than Bob, ALSO affect our goals against.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Looking back, I probably didn't word my comment correctly. I know Bob is great, but people say without him making great saves, we'd be in trouble. Can't you say that about every team? Bob is supposed to make big saves for us. Name a SC contender with an average goalie.
Most do. Right now, the Caps have a big question facing them. But some teams can rely a lot more on their offense. Until recently, we weren’t one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->