Post-Game Talk: Game 71 - Blue Jackets 5 BRUINS 4 F/OT

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sydney Crosby has numerous slew foots, spears guys in the junk all the time, and nearly cut off a man's finger, without a peep from the DoPS. PK Subban has 3 times the number of slew foots as Marchand, head shotted Krejci, and other numerous offenses, and has only gotten a letter from the DoPS.

Can Marchy control any of that?

No.

But he can control his head, shoulders, knees, and 'bows.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
But it seems to be the excuse used is "If they can get away with it why can't he".

I don't see that as an excuse, I see it as a legitimate question on the actions of the DoPS and their apparent biases therein. People can think Marchand needs to watch himself and still criticize the hypocrisy of the DoPS. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yes I do. First because he's one on the best players in the league and should be drawing many calls regardless with his puck possession.

Secondly your telling me he's been punished for his crimes yet when another player takes liberties on him its ok to go unpunished?

Nope, but I'm not going to whine about it, he's earned his rep and does NOTHING to curb/change it. He's just not going to get the calls, like I said it happens in every sport. Every year he gets suspended now for doing stupid shit. It's like speeding. You're way less likely to get a ticket if you have zero points/warnings on your license then if you have ten.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Nope, but I'm not going to whine about it, he's earned his rep and does NOTHING to curb/change it. He's just not going to get the calls, like I said it happens in every sport. Every year he gets suspended now for doing stupid ****. It's like speeding. You're way less likely to get a ticket if you have zero points/warnings on your license then if you have ten.

Being pissed off about it is not whining. Lets agree to disagree

Reactions: LouJersey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sydney Crosby has numerous slew foots, spears guys in the junk all the time, butt ended Foligno in the face, and nearly cut off Methot's finger, without a peep from the DoPS. PK Subban has 3 times the number of slew foots as Marchand, head shotted Krejci, and other numerous offenses, and has only gotten a letter from the DoPS.

Please tell me you aren't calling that Krjeci hit where Ference jumped him as a head shot. IIRC it was shoulder to chest and and forearm came up and pushed his face.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Please tell me you aren't calling that Krjeci hit where Ference jumped him as a head shot. IIRC it was shoulder to chest and and forearm came up and pushed his face.

Agree to disagree. You stiff arm someone in the face, it's a head shot.

Plus, is that all you've got? What about a blatant butt end to the face?

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't see that as an excuse, I see it as a legitimate question on the actions of the DoPS and their apparent biases therein. People can think Marchand needs to watch himself and still criticize the hypocrisy of the DoPS. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Inconsistentcy in the NHL is not something new.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Absolutely should have been a couple games. That's one.

And the slash that cut off a finger is another, spearing junk another, and each slew foot (the most dangerous play in Hockey according to Marchand haters) is a few more. But nothing for any of them.

And that is why you don't see an escalation of punishment for guys like Crosby and Subban, they never get on the list because they never get punished. It's blatant hypocrisy. Crosby and other "faces" of the NHL get away with murder while the bread and circuses crowd gets entertained/distracted by the DoPS punishing the "heels" like Marchand. The WWE has better scripts than these clowns.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Nope, but I'm not going to whine about it, he's earned his rep and does NOTHING to curb/change it. He's just not going to get the calls, like I said it happens in every sport. Every year he gets suspended now for doing stupid ****. It's like speeding. You're way less likely to get a ticket if you have zero points/warnings on your license then if you have ten.

Bergeron has a very good reputation but one of his great defensive play this year resulted in a penalty shot not to long ago.

Marchand being held on the breakaway like he was in OT should have been at worst a 2min PP if not a penalty shot. The ref should be fined/suspended for such an ineptitude.

Reactions: bearcountry17

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bergeron has a very good reputation but one of his great defensive play this year resulted in a penalty shot not to long ago.

Marchand being held on the breakaway like he was in OT should have been at worst a 2min PP if not a penalty shot. The ref should be fined/suspended for such an ineptitude.

Marchand would have been rightfully called for a dive on that one.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Was Antti Neimi great in 2010? How about Marc Andre Fleury in 2009?

Your black and white "analysis" is nonsense. There are many crappy goaltenders with a ring.

Why don't you just admit you don't like Rask and get it over with, because your "expertise" on this subject is getting tedious.
Has nothing to do with me liking Rask. This is not high school. It is based on play and what you have done. Rask has not done much yet. Individual awards aside.

Actually yes, NEMI and MAF were great when they won, They were better then the goalies that they faced at the highest level of play in the sportbthat year. So yes, they were great. They may not be as good as RASK in the regular season, but they have played at a level he never has when it counted the most. Thats the definition of achieving greatness.

And, they are in "the club" The club that Rask is not in. the starting goalie who wins the cup club. Lets hope he gets there and does not blow this opportunity he has in front of him. He is 30 now and the excuses get hollow as the years go by.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I have heard it all now, Niemi and Fleury were "great" in their Cup years. "Better" than the other goalies they faced, as if the teams they played for had nothing to do with it.

My new favorite poster. :biglaugh:

Oh and yes, it is very much like High School. Very much.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Has nothing to do with me liking Rask. This is not high school. It is based on play and what you have done. Rask has not done much yet. Individual awards aside.

Actually yes, NEMI and MAF were great when they won, They were better then the goalies that they faced at the highest level of play in the sportbthat year. So yes, they were great. They may not be as good as RASK in the regular season, but they have played at a level he never has when it counted the most. Thats the definition of achieving greatness.

And, they are in "the club" The club that Rask is not in. the starting goalie who wins the cup club. Lets hope he gets there and does not blow this opportunity he has in front of him. He is 30 now and the excuses get hollow as the years go by.

Stanley Cup, a team award and probably the hardest trophy to win in professional sports. Only 1 goalie, out of 16, can win the award. But yes, keep on Rask because he hasn’t won it (as a starter. He has a ring lol). Plenty of goalies have not won a cup that are top goalies in the league. Lundqvist, Holtby, Rinne, Price.....but keep on Rask.

TROLOLOLOLOL Logic

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

So, according to you, when grading a player, you ignore everything except Cup wins? Not rhetorical. I want an answer.

Once again [because you conveniently ignored yesterday's posts about this]

Rask had a .940 save percentage and 1.88 GAA in the 2013 playoffs.

Marc Andre-Fleury had a .908 and 2.61 for his cup win.
Niemi had a .910 and 2.63 for his cup win.

Please explain how those two "played at a level Rask never has when it counted the most". Not rhetorical. I want an answer.

Look.....this isn't golf or singles tennis. Hockey is a team sport. You can be the best player to ever play the game and not win a Cup if the team around you isn't good enough, isn't healthy enough, isn't coached as well, isn't [insert 10 other factors here] enough......I can only hope you are trolling at this point and don't REALLY believe what you are posting because, honestly, it makes zero sense.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Uhhhh . . . because . . . uhhhh . . . CUPS!!

Next he will say Manning's 56.6 rating to win SB 50 is "greater" than Tom Brady's 115.4 in SB 52, because, uhhhh . . . RINGS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Just stop please.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia