Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is gittin real interesting... the protocols themselvs are the true obstacle of him getting back to our game seven no? He has to rest like 5-6 more days and they test him one mo time no. He surely wants to be on the ice again.. like he has been training etc already, being in the crowd, under his eyes we've played. We have the biggest captain in todays game, be very proud y'all :clap: Tavares is a warrior and has proven it right now. So yeah, the speculation goes on: some wonder if the man is already in for this game seven (7) for us. This is so exciting. And he surely wants to be and couuld be be there y'all already know. The proof is there. But maybe they LET HIM IN only for the second round if we succeed and move in. Like he (tavares our captain) might play for game 2 or 3 during the second round..... what a freakin WARRIOR AND CAPTAIN. :leaf: :leafs: :maple leafs: :maple leaf:
I SENSED IT LAST NIGHT ALREADY. Somehow I got the feeling.......... I started a whole new thread with this, but they combined it with this thread, wich is all good :clap: None the less, I KNEW TAVARES MIGHT COMEBACK ALREADY TONIGHT. This is so awwsome time and what a warrior. A leaf legend in the making. ALREADY!

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Those are some great players you listed and some good examples of them winning the Cup or going to the finals early in their career, but why do Marner and Matthews have to follow that blue print? Ovechkin didnt win his till he was in his 30's. The leafs are going to have their own path to the cup too.

Theres more to debate here with previous first round exits and their salaries but we've got a game seven tonight. Prove me right Marner! lol
The difference is Ovechkin was an unstoppable goal scoring machine in the playoffs with a surrounding cast that couldn't get it done. Matthews and Marner have a supporting cast doing their job but they are the ones who aren't delivering.

Ovenchkin's first 3 playoff years (first 3 playoffs chosen for comparable sample size)
28GP, 20G, 20A, 40pts - that's an average of 5 goals every 7 playoffs games

Career playoff numbers
Matthews - 31GP, 13G, 10A, 23pts
Marner - 31GP, 5G, 20A, 25pts

Reactions: Mr Lahey and nuck

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Not enough to make a real dent booing them out of the arena is they lose another game 7

Actually paying season ticket holders would give it to them with both barrels but nurses on freebies will just smile. A clever ploy :)

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
The difference is Ovechkin was an unstoppable goal scoring machine in the playoffs with a surrounding cast that couldn't get it done. Matthews and Marner have a supporting cast doing their job but they are the ones who aren't delivering.

Ovenchkin's first 3 playoff years years (first 3 playoffs chosen for comparable sample size)
28GP, 20G, 20A, 40pts - that's an average of 5 goals every 7 playoffs games

Career playoff numbers
Matthews - 31GP, 13G, 10A, 23pts
Marner - 31GP, 5G, 20A, 25pts
Facts

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Hyman 34 Nylander
Foligno JT Marner
Chucky Kerfoot Spezza
Mikheyev Jumbo Simmonds
If JT goes tonight

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Play any desperate guy .. sit guys who are not .. start on shift 1 .. play Kerfoot and Willy every 2nd shift to start game .. send da right message Keefer .. it is only way to keep ur job as Dubie getting sacked if game is lost irrespective of score

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
I didn’t say he can’t skate backwards I said he cannot do it FAST enough to play defense. Like this is probably the worst f***ing take I’ve seen on these boards.
One thing I know for sure is that outside of Muzzin, Jumbo would have no problem dummying any Habs player coming over the Leafs blue line

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
One thing I know for sure is that outside of Muzzin, Jumbo would have no problem dummying any Habs player coming over the Leafs blue line

LOL really? So why can’t he do that as a forward? Why does he need to be a defenseman to hit. If he’s so good at laying the body he should just do it

Reactions: supermann_98

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Those are some great players you listed and some good examples of them winning the Cup or going to the finals early in their career, but why do Marner and Matthews have to follow that blue print? Ovechkin didnt win his till he was in his 30's. The leafs are going to have their own path to the cup too.

Theres more to debate here with previous first round exits and their salaries but we've got a game seven tonight. Prove me right Marner! lol

Oveckin didn't win the cup that's for sure. You are correct
However, he did put up points and was massive impact in every playoff series. In 141 playoff games he has 135 points

That dude was a hitting machine. I don't even have the numbers for hits

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
LOL really? So why can’t he do that as a forward? Why does he need to be a defenseman to hit. If he’s so good at laying the body he should just do it
It's harder to do as a forward for the reason you stated earlier - he's not the fastest skater on the team.

A lot easier to dummy the Habs player when he has him lined up at the blue line

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
So if Leafs lose, the core gets broken up?
Not sure wtf Marner or Matthews are doing out there but its their 4th time in the playoffs.

They know the game is different and have to adjust their games. You cant win when your best players dont produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad