GDT: Game 7: Avs @ Preds | Tuesday, October 17th, 6pm MT | Auditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
There is no wrong time to face a weakened opponent. All points matter.
Right but winning too many games against weakened opponents might give the wrong impression that the team is better than it actually is. This in turn could bring the FO into making bad decisions. At least winning will be good for the team's culture.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
I wonder how much longer until Mironov bolts.

Avs should just send him down to SA for conditioning. It's a small sample size but the only game he's played you can definitely see he's not NHL ready

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I wouldve liked to see mironov in the anaheim game. Hes not ready to play every night at all but think hes a good guy to put in lineup when facing a big team or a dirty team. Adds some toughness and helps keep teams honest with his big hit ability.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Must win!

Let's face it, a win here will continue give people hope and optimism, but a loss will be two in a row and have people concerned again about this team. Big game even though it's still early in the season.

Reactions: Raucherhusten

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I wouldve liked to see mironov in the anaheim game. Hes not ready to play every night at all but think hes a good guy to put in lineup when facing a big team or a dirty team. Adds some toughness and helps keep teams honest with his big hit ability.

I’d just like him to be playing somewhere. He’s never going to adjust sitting in the press box. But maybe he made it clear that he won’t report to SA.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Triggers Comeau to set a record for minor penalties in a single game by one player imo
Comeau doesn't need a trigger for that

On a serious note, I'm astonished at how quickly Comeau has learned not to slash the way he has his entire career. I was thinking he'd be one of the players hit the hardest with the stricter enforcement on slashes because the guy openly tosses slashes like they're a part of his regular skating stride.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
There is no wrong time to face a weakened opponent. All points matter.

No they don't, they matter to playoff teams. Winning is nice but we need a high draft pick. As long as they aren't embarrassing themselves like last season.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Is today the day Duchene comes out wearing a Predators sweater?

I really hope the Avs can win this one, I don't expect them to make the playoffs but winning divisional games is a big step to staying "in the race" and would be a good confidence booster

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anybody who plays daily fantasy hockey should be picking Duchene tonight lol. He's going to come out like something possessed to try to impress Poile. Either that or he gets so overwhelmed and caught up in his own head that he has the worst game of his life.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Anybody who plays daily fantasy hockey should be picking Duchene tonight lol. He's going to come out like something possessed to try to impress Poile. Either that or he gets so overwhelmed and caught up in his own head that he has the worst game of his life.
I know my boy Matthew and if he gets into double figures for ice time I'll be surprised

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

This is how Duchene will look tonight.

giphy.gif

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
No they don't, they matter to playoff teams. Winning is nice but we need a high draft pick. As long as they aren't embarrassing themselves like last season.

If we continue the season the way we started we ARE a playoff team.

And i'm pretty tired of that "we need to draft high" BS. The 2018 draft shouldn't concern us atm. Let's cross that bridge when we are there.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If we continue the season the way we started we ARE a playoff team.

And i'm pretty tired of that "we need to draft high" BS. The 2018 draft shouldn't concern us atm. Let's cross that bridge when we are there.

Avs have had a crazy easy schedule so far. We even should be favored tonight again thanks to all these injuries of our opponents.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I love how they started this season but I still don't think they are a playoff caliber team unless Varly continues to go bonkers. Which I hope does not happen (if the team as a whole plays well than I am fine with it. Just don't want to miss out on a high pick because of unsustainable goaltending. That would suck because that is nothing you can build on really.)

We really need that high draft pick in order to reach that level in the not so distant future hopefully.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I haven't watched a Nashville game this year yet, so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about Girard. You have to think he's probably one of the main prospects the Avs scouts are watching every game.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Sure, tell that to the players. "Hey guys, it's gonna be another down year, may as well lose this one".

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Avs have had a crazy easy schedule so far. We even should be favored tonight again thanks to all these injuries of our opponents.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I love how they started this season but I still don't think they are a playoff caliber team unless Varly continues to go bonkers. Which I hope does not happen (if the team as a whole plays well than I am fine with it. Just don't want to miss out on a high pick because of unsustainable goaltending. That would suck because that is nothing you can build on really.)

We really need that high draft pick in order to reach that level in the not so distant future hopefully.

Quite honestly i also don't think we are a playoff team. A lot of things have to go right to come even close.

But before we talk about the 2018 draft and how great it is we should wait and see what happens this season with the team. How the player develop that are already on this team and how the whole Duchene situation will be solved. Maybe we don't even need that stud anymore. It's way to early to tell.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Surprised half of the people posting here haven't jumped ship over to the Oilers board with all the wanting high draft picks talk.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd be pretty surprised if we pick top 5 this summer, too many things are already night and day better than last year. We're going to be Carolina last year. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but it's hard not to be happy they're improving.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I haven't watched a Nashville game this year yet, so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about Girard. You have to think he's probably one of the main prospects the Avs scouts are watching every game.
Appears he is sitting tonight for Josi. Bummed because I want to see them paired together.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I swear this team could win the Cup and half the board would be pissed because we wouldn't be getting a high draft pick...

Stop worrying about the future and enjoy the present.

Reactions: kchan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad