GDT: Game 7: Avs @ Preds | Tuesday, October 17th, 6pm MT | Auditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This team gives up way to easily, they start off real good but after giving up one or two goals they just deflate.

I was told by a coach earlier this season 'when a system is predicated on effort, you can't be up enough for it to work.'

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So two players run into each other and the weaker player falls over... penalty? Not that it matters at this point but it's amusing to see that call made.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Disappointing game. Varly and the Nashville PbP consistent complaining were the only entertaining parts of the game. Here's to hoping next game is better.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Am I the only one who thinks Rants has looked a bit off to start the year? Rantanen seems to have the puck bounce off his stick more than I ever remember happening last year and his passes dont seem to be as accurate as I remember. Maybe I'm being over critical, maybe opposing teams D are focusing on him more, but I just recall him being more dominate.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Watched the Leafs game instead today but looking at the ice-time, it doesn't look as stupid as usual. Bednar needs to find a way to get Z at least around 20 mins per game though in these special-team heavy games. Also probably would prefer if it was Kerfoot playing 14 minutes and Wilson playing 10 instead of the other way round.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Just a poor game by our guys tonight.

Can we just please trade Landeskog and Duchene. I've been saying for 18 months now, this team needs a wakeup call and an overhaul. If you trade those two guys it accomplishes both tasks. It wakes up the remaining guys by showing them anyone can get moved and no one is bigger than the team, plus they both bring back a bunch of new pieces that shakes up the team chemistry.

Landy and Duchene are the reason this game went south on us. Both take completely unnecessary penalties to put us down 5v3. Those are the type of penalties that your leaders just can't take in a 1-1 hockey game, where to that point everything was fairly equal. Had the penalties been to Jost and Compher, I can maybe live with it as a teaching moment, but Landy and Duchene it's simply unacceptable.

I don't even know what to do any more with this team it's simply unsalvageable with the current construction of players, coaching and management.

I really hope I wake up tomorrow to find out we left Duchene in Nashville, and Landeskog has been dealt to Boston or Anaheim...eh f*** it, I don't even care where Landy goes, I just don't want to see him in an Avs jersey anymore.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Am I the only one who thinks Rants has looked a bit off to start the year? Rantanen seems to have the puck bounce off his stick more than I ever remember happening last year and his passes dont seem to be as accurate as I remember. Maybe I'm being over critical, maybe opposing teams D are focusing on him more, but I just recall him being more dominate.

His passing has been ok imo its his constant bobbling of the puck thats real annoying. Hes honestly handling the puck like Scott Parker out there. Hopefully its just early season kinks but he needs to figure it out fast. I would complain about Mackinnons bobbling of the puck but whats the point this is just Mackinnon.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
In Japan until the 23rd so I haven't been able to watch any games. How's the coaching been, reading some of the comments, not happy with the ice time distribution and his coaching strategy seems to revolve around "I'm strict, and more effort!" Rather than any actually coaching.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
giphy.gif

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Lost 25000 fake monies tonight. That damn preds fan was so convincing in his argument that we were going g to win. ‘Josi and Subban aren’t going to play’ he said...

Reactions: Avalanche

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hmmm good thing it wasn't real money then. Betting on the unpredictability of hockey is stupid and betting on the Avs is just sadistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad