GDT: Game 7: Avs @ Preds | Tuesday, October 17th, 6pm MT | Auditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
So... a penalty but the goal still counts? What the hell is going on? Did the refs go on strike and we not hear about it?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That was the right call by the ref. The interference never prevented Varlamov from making a save so the goal should count. But it was an absolutely reckless play by sissons by not even attempting to go around Varlamov.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How the **** did Avs not get a penalty shot for Fartnell purposely knocking the net off? Barrie 100% unequivocally scores on that shot if it wasn't for that and all he gets is a 2 minute ****ing minor? Oh please....

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So... a penalty but the goal still counts? What the hell is going on? Did the refs go on strike and we not hear about it?

Well I mean the puck was in the goal before he ran Varly...

Duchene gave him a shove but he certainly was on major collission course even before that..

I actually don't have a real problem with that...

What else would you call it? No goal because he interefered after he already scored? Goal and no penalty when he ran Varly? I like the decision.

Bigras got caught...

Happens with young Ds...

That Hartnell penalty, though.

I am not sure if there is a rule for that to be an automatic goal awarded.

If there is not a rule in there it probably should be...

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Guess it's better to lose to silly errors than to just get outplayed all game.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Could they possibly be anymore predictable and benign on the powerplay? Do something ****** different! Every single play looks the exactly the same! Nashville knows what they are going to do before they do.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Well I mean the puck was in the goal before he ran Varly...

Duchene gave him a shove but he certainly was on major collission course even before that..

I actually don't have a real problem with that...

What else would you call it? No goal because he interefered after he already scored? Goal and no penalty when he ran Varly? I like the decision.

Bigras got caught...

Happens with young Ds...
I don't blame Bigras. I blame Barbi for ruining our offensive pressure on the other side of the ice.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah ok, I see it now. It was definitely a good goal but the penalty call had me confused initially.

Just a really bizarre frustrating game that's hurting my brain.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Rantanen is being too cute. Instead of accepting that pass like a normal person he let the puck hit the dasher to try to coral it and the puck bounced to far. He reaches and the puck goes the other way and BArrie is forced to take a penalty. Thats what negated our PP. One guy not bearing down and trying to finesse. Get a longer stick Rantanen.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This is an ugly game for sure with regards to the dumb penalties but Nashville is simply outplaying the Avs out there. Penalties/no penalties, they should be winning this game and are.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think that the refs made the right call awarding Nashville the goal.

However, can the league just use common sense, please? Like seriously. Barrie's shot is CLEARLY going in the net, it does go in the net, but because Hartnell intentionally shoves the net off he only gets a 2 minute penalty?

If Sissons can be credited with a goal on his breakaway, Barrie can be credited with a goal, too.

It's just basic common sense.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think that the refs made the right call awarding Nashville the goal.

However, can the league just use common sense, please? Like seriously. Barrie's shot is CLEARLY going in the net, it does go in the net, but because Hartnell intentionally shoves the net off he only gets a 2 minute penalty?

If Sissons can be credited with a goal on his breakaway, Barrie can be credited with a goal, too.

It's just basic common sense.

If nothing else it should have been a penalty shot.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
This is an ugly game for sure with regards to the dumb penalties but Nashville is simply outplaying the Avs out there. Penalties/no penalties, they should be winning this game and are.
Disagree hard. First period was dead even - also the second until the 4on1. After that 2 dumb penalties and a Rants fumble changed the game. This is what you get when 3/4 of your team is 25 and younger. Growing pains
Also our PP still sucks.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Don't know if we're watching the same game. Besides the special teams, it's pretty even. Preds had a few more high scoring chances off the rush, but besides that the Avs as a whole don't look horrible.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Preds weren't outplaying the Avs until Duchene and Landeskog took stupid penalties. I mean when you're a team trying to improve, two of the best forwards including the captain can't take dumb penalties like that.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I don't think either team is playing good or bad, but the Avs have just made a few egregious mistakes and Nashville capitalized.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't what the f*** the refs are doing in this league any more. So it's basically OK to purposely shove the goal off to prevent a goal, and if you're on a breakaway just make a move and steamroll the goalie and it will count with basically no consequences. This is garbage. Go f*** yourself NHL.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ya that's just not true at all. Game is very even. Dumb penalties and a weird sequence of events is the difference right now.

Now we get to see what kind of resilience this Avs team has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad