Post-Game Talk: Game 69: First place Bruins lose yet again at home - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
John Forslund is one of the best play by play voices in hockey and Tripp Tracy is excellent doing color. Forslund has been doing games since Hartford and Tracy was a former Harvard goaltender.

The Panthers announcers are just brutal.

forslund is great.
he did the Bruins pens game on nbcsports a couple weeks ago.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
forslund is great.
he did the Bruins pens game on nbcsports a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, we're very happy to have Forslund. NBCSports is starting to utilize him more on their nationally televised games, even pulled him from a Canes game a couple of times recently. The replacement was painful.

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
As much as I appreciate what Marchand has done this year, he went for a skate away from the scoring area instead of stopping in front of the net and easily picking up the player that scored the winning goal.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I also worry that he may be playing through injury. But then I am mostly a worrywart.

I suppose that is a possibility, DK does seem to have trouble staying healthy. But I also know he tends to float at times during the regular season, he admitted as much a few years ago.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My routine after a game is going to Fours after a win or going right home - I only live 2 miles from the Garden. Needless to say I haven't been at Fours often this year.

This year crowds at home have been quiet and that maybe part of the problem. When the B's are on the road they travel well and fans make a lot of noise and that gets the players fired up. :dunno:

Me... I take the T to Sullivan and drive home to NH....When the B's lose the drive feels so much longer.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I suppose that is a possibility, DK does seem to have trouble staying healthy. But I also know he tends to float at times during the regular season, he admitted as much a few years ago.

When you are making the $$$ DK is making you shouldn't be floating...EVER.

I hope he isn't injured.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
306 - have always preferred being upstairs.

Many folks like to sit upstairs and see the plays develop.

I really love my seats. I like seeing the facial expressions of the players. You get used to the other STH near you. It's always fun to see everyone at the start of a new season. I remember many hugs at the start of the 2011/ 2012 season.;)

I stand outside and chat with a few STH before the game. One of my favorites is a guy who has had ST since the old Garden and sits in the last row of the balcony. ..I consider him a friend after all of these years. :) .

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When you are making the $$$ DK is making you shouldn't be floating...EVER.

I hope he isn't injured.

Wonder if anyone watched the Tampa game with the Lighting announcers the other night..

Rick Peckham, another ex-Whaler announcer who really knows the game, thought Krejci was the best player on the ice for either team. His partner (Bobby Taylor)agreed. He played a Selke-worthy defensive game.

And last night he set up the tying goal by making another great defensive play, hard backcheck, steal, sends the pass through 3 zones to the hanging Pasta.

His game is really underappreciated unless he's putting up big numbers.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wonder if anyone watched the Tampa game with the Lighting announcers the other night..

Rick Peckham, another ex-Whaler announcer who really knows the game, thought Krejci was the best player on the ice for either team. His partner (Bobby Taylor)agreed. He played a Selke-worthy defensive game.

And last night he set up the tying goal by making another great defensive play, hard backcheck, steal, sends the pass through 3 zones to the hanging Pasta.

His game is really underappreciated unless he's putting up big numbers
This is true of most players.

If the B's make the playoffs I am quite sure David will be he usual wonderful self.:)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

His game is really underappreciated unless he's putting up big numbers.

Yeah, if he was "floating" he wouldn't be playing so well defensively, which he's been doing lately, even if many don't notice. I love Pasta dearly but he's still an adventure out there, which I'm sure is tough on Krejci at times, especially on defense.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Many folks like to sit upstairs and see the plays develop.

I really love my seats. I like seeing the facial expressions of the players. You get used to the other STH near you. It's always fun to see everyone at the start of a new season. I remember many hugs at the start of the 2011/ 2012 season.;)

I stand outside and chat with a few STH before the game. One of my favorites is a guy who has had ST since the old Garden and sits in the last row of the balcony. ..I consider him a friend after all of these years. :) .

A friend of mine whose father was my bantam coach is the longest tenured season ticket holder,somewhere between 60 and 70 years. He rode on a Duck Boat for the SC parade.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A friend of mine whose father was my bantam coach is the longest tenured season ticket holder,somewhere between 60 and 70 years. He rode on a Duck Boat for the SC parade.

That is cool. I have only had my seats for 15 years. DKH has had his a long time.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I took over my folks in 1983 when I was dishonorably discharged from collage

Hahaha. We finally let them go when I could no longer give them away. The last straw was on Martin Luther King Day in 06,I went by myself to The Fours and found a young lady sitting at the bar and gave her a $100 ticket. My wife wasn't happy that I couldn't find a potbellied pipefitter.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hahaha. We finally let them go when I could no longer give them away. The last straw was on Martin Luther King Day in 06,I went by myself to The Fours and found a young lady sitting at the bar and gave her a $100 ticket. My wife wasn't happy that I couldn't find a potbellied pipefitter.

If you jumped in a deloreon and went back to MLK Day 2006 you know what you would see?

Patrice Bergeron win it in overtime on a set up from Marco Sturm 4-3 over the Ducks

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That is cool. I have only had my seats for 15 years. DKH has had his a long time.

Many older fans git shafted when they moved from the old barn to the new dump. One friend was moved from Section 110 Row 5 on the blue line to the corner. After 2 years he walked away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad