Post-Game Talk: Game 69: First place Bruins lose yet again at home - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

jdz

May 22, 2013
Meh its a marathon.

Cant be upset with the team of late, onto the next two winnable games.

All about staying healthy at this point.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Everyone seems to be forgetting his injury against TB.

Did they ever show what happened to him? I guess I thought that was just an equipment problem.

Curious to hear what they say about that change at the end of the game. Him ending up in the net reminded me of the goal line save years ago against.... Carolina. Payback for that, maybe? :laugh:

2ka RasK*

1st in the Atlantic division

3rd in the conference

7th overall in the whole league

i'd rather take a overtime loss to Carolina now and hope we even out with wins out west.

Carolina didn't have a regulation shot on goal for over 5 minutes into the game.

that first goal by carolina may have deflated :naughty: our momentum

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
21 losses at home :cry:

M2lZbTx.png

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I'd love to see Randell get in a couple games over Connolly. Especially on the California trip.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Don't lose site of the fact that since Feb. 9th the Bruins have been playing a very demanding schedule of games every 2nd day with the last 4 games in 6 days all settled in OT.

We can't expect the team to bring their "A" game every night and we should be encouraged as to where they now stand as they enter their final 13 games.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Second and third goals the Bruins D effectively let the Canes 2 vs 0 Rask in front of the net. Atrocious defense.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
TSN GO OR SPORTSNET not a peep about Bruins moving into 1st.Not even a word about game.But it talks about Jagr McDavid and Galchenyuk and Wings win too lol No Respect.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Debbie Downer time: We're in first, but we're not REALLY in first. We're 15 points over 500, while TBL and FLA are both 16 points over.

*sad trombone*

But, hey, more encouraging is that the wildcards are each +10, and the first out of the playoffs is +8. It would take an epic collap...

..nevermind. I probably shouldn't complete that sentence.

I'm a little worried. This is a recurring problem: playing to the level of your opponent. You can't always count on an amazing run against better opponents to make it through the playoffs. And you certainly can't count on playing 3 opponents in a row on the back end of their back-to-backs, with a backup goalie to boot.

I think this game is a little closer to the actual Bruins. First and out, or a seven game series where we squeak by.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Did they ever show what happened to him? I guess I thought that was just an equipment problem.

Curious to hear what they say about that change at the end of the game. Him ending up in the net reminded me of the goal line save years ago against.... Carolina. Payback for that, maybe? :laugh:
Not to be a fearmonger or anything (I can hear Ali yelling at me now) but I really, really hope Bergeron isn't injured. The weak stickchecks and slowness on defense brings to mind Game 4 against Chicago in 2013, when he tore rib cartilage on the hit by Frolik. He had two goals in that game but was quite bad defensively, much like tonight (well replace two goals with an assist).

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
TSN GO OR SPORTSNET not a peep about Bruins moving into 1st.Not even a word about game.But it talks about Jagr McDavid and Galchenyuk and Wings win too lol No Respect.

To their credit NHL Network has actually been singing the praises of the Bruins. Both Weekes and Boucher have been very complimentary, including tonight when they moved into first.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
B's very lucky to secure a point last night, they can thank Rask for that. One of the most lackluster games they have played in awhile, no energy and mistakes all over the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad