Post-Game Talk: Game 69: First place Bruins lose yet again at home - Whalercanes 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Crappy loss.

Bergy was angry at the guys in stripes and himself.

Big Z was yelling at David K on the bench.

Tuukka was pissed at Z for falling on him.

Brad and Skinner were yipping at each other all night.

oh well...on to Johnny B and the NYi.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I can't believe the Bruins are leading the division (albeit with more games played) with a 15-16-5 home record. That is just absurd.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I can't believe the Bruins are leading the division (albeit with more games played) with a 15-16-5 home record. That is just absurd.

Home Ice Disadvantage.

Bruins strategy moving forward: Ask ownership to plan immediate large-scale renovations to the TD Center cancelling all remaining regular season and potential playoff home games.

I'll change the oil in the Duck Boats now.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Crappy loss.

Any idea what Z was upset about?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
We couldn't tell if he was angry at DK or just venting to him about something...but he was pretty pissed off.

Chara has probably had about six hours of sleep in the past five days. I'd be pretty pissy too.

They all looked tired, cranky and out of sorts. After the stretch they had, it'd be surprising if they weren't.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
That was a game they should have won. Again played down to the competition, especially at home.

Still got a point out of it so that is the positive.

Time for Krejci, Spooner and the PP to wake up from their coma...

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
That was a game they should have won. Again played down to the competition, especially at home.

Still got a point out of it so that is the positive.

Time for Krejci, Spooner and the PP to wake up from their coma...

I know we got a PP goal last night but it was awful. I have never seen it worse. I have been thinking we were still moving the puck getting chances on the pp but last night was just awful in general. We spent most of the two pp with no zone time what so ever.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
This images sums up yesterday's performance. A point ain't so bad though.

autopilot.jpg

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I know we got a PP goal last night but it was awful. I have never seen it worse. I have been thinking we were still moving the puck getting chances on the pp but last night was just awful in general. We spent most of the two pp with no zone time what so ever.

That Loui goal was more a goal on the rush than a classic PP goal. I think I heard the Bruins are at 2% on the PP in the last I don't know many games. Fell to 8th in the league at 21.4% after months being between 28-33%.

Still winning games though as they are 12-5-3 in their last 20.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
^^^^ This.

Why do they do it ??? Annoying

My routine after a game is going to Fours after a win or going right home - I only live 2 miles from the Garden. Needless to say I haven't been at Fours often this year.

This year crowds at home have been quiet and that maybe part of the problem. When the B's are on the road they travel well and fans make a lot of noise and that gets the players fired up. :dunno:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Crappy loss.

I didn't see chara yelling at D.K, when was that? I always wanted to know who was next up in OT because he did cost us the last goal. Bergy started to change--no one was ready so he tried to recover but it was too late. Totally asleep on the bench.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Chara has probably had about six hours of sleep in the past five days. I'd be pretty pissy too.

They all looked tired, cranky and out of sorts. After the stretch they had, it'd be surprising if they weren't.
Speaking of which, Krejci, Chara, Bergeron, Talbot (when he was up here) all had newborns within the past 7-8 months. That might be a factor in why the home record is so much worse than the road record this season.

I wish we can get road advantage in the playoffs this year as a higher seed. Not kidding.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Speaking of which, Krejci, Chara, Bergeron, Talbot (when he was up here) all had newborns within the past 7-8 months. That might be a factor in why the home record is so much worse than the road record this season.

I wish we can get road advantage in the playoffs this year as a higher seed. Not kidding.

No kidding, I have a five week old at home, and I am struggling getting up for my beer league games. No coordination, slow decision making. And very angry.

Also only able to work about 10-15 hours a week now.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I read an interesting article on stress - it talked about momentous life occasions and how stressful they are: getting married, buying a house, losing a loved one, having a child, etc. Some are sad and some are joyous, but your body doesn't know the difference - it just registers as stress, period.

Hopefully they settle in now and bounce back Saturday. Move on.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Canes fan here. Just peeking in at your board mostly 'cause I'm a Liles fan, but thought I'd check out the game thread as well.

One thought: maybe your team made the same mistake some of you here seem to have made, which is not recognizing that the Canes this year are like a different team since the beginning of December. Started out 8-12-4, then went 23-14-7 over the 3+ months since then, which is an almost identical record as your Bruins over the same timeframe (who I believe sit in 1st place in the Atlantic?) Someone already pointed out that we beat Pitt, Isles, Chicago, STL, and Anaheim on their ice (and I'd throw in the Caps in Raleigh as being noteworthy as well). In other words, the post-December Canes aren't exactly the Oil, Sabres, or Yotes of last season; maybe your guys underestimated them a bit?

Although in all fairness, theoretically we shouldn't be able to keep it up after dumping E Staal, Versteeg, and JML at the trade deadline. Maybe a lot of the team is too young to know that they shouldn't be able to remain competitive since then.

Oh, and DiGiuseppe is a 22yo rookie in his first NHL season who wasn't projected to make the team this year. To him, scoring a sudden death goal at the Garden to beat the Bruins probably was like winning game 7. If he was one of yours I suspect you'd cut him a break on the post goal celebration. :D

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think it was a Czech/Slovak thing and I think he was yelling at Krejci "would you tell Pastrnak to stay on his feet and stop turning the effin puck over, cuz he's not listening to me.'

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Welcome to HF - :welcome:

You make a valid point about the Canes record since December and very quietly are in hailing distance of a playoff slot. I think we as Bruins fans overlooked at how important the game was to Carolina as they need every point they can muster.

Canes fan here. Just peeking in at your board mostly 'cause I'm a Liles fan, but thought I'd check out the game thread as well.

One thought: maybe your team made the same mistake some of you here seem to have made, which is not recognizing that the Canes this year are like a different team since the beginning of December. Started out 8-12-4, then went 23-14-7 over the 3+ months since then, which is an almost identical record as your Bruins over the same timeframe (who I believe sit in 1st place in the Atlantic?) Someone already pointed out that we beat Pitt, Isles, Chicago, STL, and Anaheim on their ice (and I'd throw in the Caps in Raleigh as being noteworthy as well). In other words, the post-December Canes aren't exactly the Oil, Sabres, or Yotes of last season; maybe your guys underestimated them a bit?

Although in all fairness, theoretically we shouldn't be able to keep it up after dumping E Staal, Versteeg, and JML at the trade deadline. Maybe a lot of the team is too young to know that they shouldn't be able to remain competitive since then.

Oh, and DiGiuseppe is a 22yo rookie in his first NHL season who wasn't projected to make the team this year. To him, scoring a sudden death goal at the Garden to beat the Bruins probably was like winning game 7. If he was one of yours I suspect you'd cut him a break on the post goal celebration. :D

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It's possible the Bruins overlooked the Canes, but as others have mentioned, their lackluster efforts at home and playing to the level of their opponent was not unique to last night.

That being said, since the Canes were sellers at the deadline, psychologically the Bruins likely had a bit of a mental letdown, especially after beating two teams they are in a dead heat for the division with.

My Center Ice gave me the Carolina feed, and not being that familiar with their broadcasting team, I thought they were very good. When I get the Florida Panthers' feed, I literally turn the sound down and play music instead of listening to those two.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I doubt they made the same assumption as the fans. Players have a better perspective. They were gassed physically and emotionally. It happens.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My Center Ice gave me the Carolina feed, and not being that familiar with their broadcasting team, I thought they were very good. When I get the Florida Panthers' feed, I literally turn the sound down and play music instead of listening to those two.

John Forslund is one of the best play by play voices in hockey and Tripp Tracy is excellent doing color. Forslund has been doing games since Hartford and Tracy was a former Harvard goaltender.

The Panthers announcers are just brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad