GDT: Game 67: Colorado Avalanche @ Columbus Blue Jackets - Black and Blue - 5PM

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hesher and S E P H

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I did not like the way the team showed up against Chicago. Too passive, not enough energy. It has been a problem on the road and i don't believe it will change tonight.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
They're apparently keeping the top line broken up (Jost with MacK and Rants). I...don't know how I feel about that. This might be one of those overcoaching traps some coaches fall into.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Breaking up our billion dollar line is worth a try on the road. The line wasn't really "that" dominant the last 10+ road games and we need to get some secondary scoring. Besides if it doesn't work the lines will be changed in a heartbeat. For example i expect Ghetto to finish the game in the top6 if he has an half decent game.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah I was happy to see the adjustment last game when things weren't working but I'm not a fan of it carrying over to another game.

Though I am excited to see Jost on that line.

Agreed. Hopefully Jost steps up and Landy can be a calming presence for the other two rookies that lets them play their game and we can get some secondary scoring . If it's not working and the AVS are down we'll see the top line back together quickly

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I really, really don’t want to be fighting LA for a wildcard spot down the stretch. They are arguably the most clutch team when slipping into the playoffs. They seem to do it year in ad year out, coming on strong late into the season.

I’m actually pinning for Dallas. I kind of hope Anaheim loses tonight and then beats Dallas tomorrow. Idk though. This shit is intense!

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Yeah I was happy to see the adjustment last game when things weren't working but I'm not a fan of it carrying over to another game.

Though I am excited to see Jost on that line.

On the road, the top line hasn't worked at any point. I think it's a good idea to try something new. They can put that line back together for home games.

Though for that 2nd line to be any good, Compher needs to step up and play like he did towards the start of the season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm cool with giving it a shot on the road, but only with Jost in that spot.

That said I was hoping for a Sodaskog reunion, with Compher, letting Toninato center Nieto n Como. Then Kerf & FrankenSven could team up with Gork or Greer

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not really a fan of splitting up the top line.

The Jost-MacKinnon-Compher line had good moments last game but I didn't think Jost was at his best after the switch. There were a few times when he tried to force it to MacKinnon, even though that wasn't the best play. Hopefully he got that out of his system and just continues to play his game tonight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

The new MacKinnon line had good moments last game but I didn't think Jost was at his best after the switch. There were a few times when he tried to force it to MacKinnon, even though that wasn't the best play. Hopefully he got that out of his system and just continues to play his game tonight.
Dude was legitimately on a breakaway at one point in the 3rd and turned around to give it to MacKinnon instead. He needs to get that out of his system for sure.

Reactions: Avs_19
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

The new MacKinnon line had good moments last game but I didn't think Jost was at his best after the switch. There were a few times when he tried to force it to MacKinnon, even though that wasn't the best play. Hopefully he got that out of his system and just continues to play his game tonight.

I'm actually happy with the line change. I think MacK and Rants can do most of the heavy lifting and let Jost play behind the net and pick retrieve. I like Landy with Comfoot too. Hoping that they are able to find some chemistry and make some things happen. We need to be harder to play against on the road.

Reactions: cgf and Foppberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad