Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Live Look At Joe Sakic Thinking About the Senators Draft Pick

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jackets have lost recently against LA and Anaheim...we can't really lose that one.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Cause the Blackhawks beat us, and now we're playing the Blue Jackets, so black and blue!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Seeing a Pascal Leclaire photo in the OP of a GDT is a great way to start my day. The second greatest Moosehead goalie of all time after Gig.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I’ll be on hand, rocking a Landy road Avpron. I don’t really feel good about this game given the road factor, Columbus’ defensive top 4 is solid, Bobrovsky should be well rested after sitting Tuesday night, & Torts is a good defensive coach. Yet, Colorado has made a habit of consistently losing to teams they shouldn’t, & beating the better ones, so here’s hoping!

Go Avs, Go!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
One of the few games once again where a loss really doesn't hurt us much in the playoff race. On the road against an Eastern conference team.

Be really nice to win it though as we need to win at least a few road games to have a chance at the dance. But losing isn't a huge deal either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One of the few games once again where a loss really doesn't hurt us much in the playoff race. On the road against an Eastern conference team.

Be really nice to win it though as we need to win at least a few road games to have a chance at the dance. But losing isn't a huge deal either.
Personally, I think every loss hurts us in the playoff race. Especially if the Kings win tonight, we'd be 2 back without having the tie breaker.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Pacific teams ANA, SJ and LAK are all playing and ahead of the AVs for the final playoff position. If they all win, especially LAK, it gets much more difficult without any tiebreakers. CGY and STL are 2 points or less behind the AVs as well, so the race for the playoffs is extremely tight...every game is a must win.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Anaheim is playing in Nashville and LA is home against Washington. Hopefully these top teams can do us a favor tonight.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Personally, I think every loss hurts us in the playoff race. Especially if the Kings win tonight, we'd be 2 back without having the tie breaker.

They dont actually hold the tiebreaker against us.

EDIT: Should probably clarify this since I'm sure the argument right now will be that we're tied in points but they're ahead.

Technically they own the tiebreaker right now. But that tie breaker right now is GF/GA differential. The 4th(Yes 4th) tiebreaker.

By the time the season reaches game 82, the chances of this being the tie breaker between the two teams is very, very unlikely. That would mean we'd still have to be tied in A) Points B) ROWs, and C) Season series.

Two games left against LA, that will be what determines the tie breaker most likely.

Pacific teams ANA, SJ and LAK are all playing and ahead of the AVs for the final playoff position. If they all win, especially LAK, it gets much more difficult without any tiebreakers. CGY and STL are 2 points or less behind the AVs as well, so the race for the playoffs is extremely tight...every game is a must win.

lol why am I not surprised to see a post like this from you.

So if every game is a must win you think we have to go 16-0-0 the rest of the way to get in?

That's ridiculous. They only need to win 9 games the rest of the season to his 95 points, the likely playoff threshold.

They can lose 7 games and still get in. Losing a game on the road against an Eastern Conference team is easily one of the more acceptable games to lose.

I'm not saying for them to go out and tank the game. Obviously a win is great. But losing isn't nearly the big deal people think it is either.

Our games down the stretch against St. Louis, LA, and Minnesota are significantly more important to lose then this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->