GDT: Game 64: Red Wings at knights 10:00 pm et 3/9/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
At this point are we able to doubt the yzerplan? We haven’t made the f***ing playoffs in 7 years and to see this collapse is beyond disheartening. Blame it on being unlucky in the draft lottery or an empty cupboard from holland but at some point they need to turn the corner. Embarrassing
What is there to doubt? This is exactly what Yzerman has stated his plan is.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
come on now, people who are blaming a patch are ridiculous. The patch does not play hockey, the players do, built by Yzerman, coached by Lalonde.

It's honestly ridiculous looking at the amount of idiots on Instagram and Facebook blaming the patch. Like these people seriously believe we are losing because of a patch.
Patch, is that you?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
you forgot to mention Lord Yzerman literally did nothing at the deadline....like we have a ton of Cap space, but he willingly chose to do nothing. Incompetent managing for sure, but because of what he did for this franchise as a player, he gets a lifetime pass as a GM, and if you even attempt to question the rebuild, or the pace it is going at, you just get reminded to trust the YZERPLAN

You wanna see really incompetent management? Look at Edmonton and their GM, that is on the last year of his contract. He did absolutely nothing to address their needs and it was very clear that this was an all or nothing season for Edmonton.

I forgot the GM's name.

I understand why Yzerman didn't buy. You might disagree with it, but the logic is sound.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
8 goals scored in 5 games. DeBrincat, Kane, Raymond.... as offensive players, all have done nothing, all are fair game.

This team can still make the playoffs, but they are in the midst of a huge collapse. The blame must fall somewhere. Larkin being out only explains so much of it. 8 goals in 5 games is still inexcusable. We were shutout by Arizona LOL.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
8 goals scored in 5 games. DeBrincat, Kane, Raymond.... as offensive players, all have done nothing, all are fair game.

This team can still make the playoffs, but they are in the midst of a huge collapse. The blame must fall somewhere. Larkin being out only explains so much of it. 8 goals in 5 games is still inexcusable. We were shutout by Arizona LOL.
its over man....its over

Reactions: FMichael

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
you forgot to mention Lord Yzerman literally did nothing at the deadline....like we have a ton of Cap space, but he willingly chose to do nothing. Incompetent managing for sure, but because of what he did for this franchise as a player, he gets a lifetime pass as a GM, and if you even attempt to question the rebuild, or the pace it is going at, you just get reminded to trust the YZERPLAN
Are you bipolar? Lol… February 27th you said “it’s happening”… a few games later everything sucks… either root for them or shut up man ha

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
come on now, people who are blaming a patch are ridiculous. The patch does not play hockey, the players do, built by Yzerman, coached by Lalonde.

It's honestly ridiculous looking at the amount of idiots on Instagram and Facebook blaming the patch. Like these people seriously believe we are losing because of a patch.
Lol, sorry, but I'm amused at how so many of you are being taken in by the patch talk, and taking all the patch comments seriously.

(you're being trolled)

its over man....its over
It can feel that way, yes. But it's not. Still plenty of opportunity to secure a playoff spot.

Reactions: cvaicunas
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lol, sorry, but I'm amused at how so many of you are being taken in by the patch talk, and taking all the patch comments seriously.

(you're being trolled)
go check out the Wings Instagram page....people there are actually blaming the patch. It's almost as hilarious as blowing a 10 point cushion in the wildcard race in 10 days

Reactions: 14ari13

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

(you're being trolled)

It can feel that way, yes. But it's not. Still plenty of opportunity to secure a playoff spot.

Maybe the extra weight from the patch threw off everyone's center of gravity?

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

(you're being trolled)
Oof, this thread. :)

I want the playoffs too, but didn't expect them. Still have a ton of games left, and they look like they're digging out of whatever hole they put themselves in. Should be a fun dozen games!

Imagine - games that matter in March and April? Woohoo!!!!

I'm gonna pour another drink, watch The Avengers again, maybe have a cigar, and seey'all tomorrow.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
At this point are we able to doubt the yzerplan? We haven’t made the f***ing playoffs in 7 years and to see this collapse is beyond disheartening. Blame it on being unlucky in the draft lottery or an empty cupboard from holland but at some point they need to turn the corner. Embarrassing

Just like there's no pressure on Chris Ilitch to follow through on his promises of District Detroit, there's no pressure on Yzerman whatsoever.

There is no other general manager in a serious hockey market who would be allowed to go five years without a playoff appearance since taking over and have no pressure to start succeeding.

Reactions: 14ari13

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
go check out the Wings Instagram page....people there are actually blaming the patch. It's almost as hilarious as blowing a 10 point cushion in the wildcard race in 10 days
I know. I'm one of them lol. I can't help myself. The people reacting to the people reacting to the patch are far more ridiculous than the people reacting to the patch to me. I've just been kinda taking them for a ride, posing as someone who actually thinks the patch is causing this losing streak :laugh:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Ya know, FUKKKKKK THAT PATCH!!

Yes, you should doubt the Yzerplan from 7 years ago. He should have been secretly working for the DRW organization from Tampa!

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
With Ras possibly out it’s time to call up Czarnik or Aston-Reese. Our playoff hopes will be saved.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1st of all a very exciting and entertaining game, fun game, I enjoyed it a lot and je ne regrette rien I had to get up 4 AM to watch the game.

LaPenalty (Lapoint Perron) with very bad penalties in back to back games. Almost identical penalty.

Berggren. Murphy pointed out he made that turnover which led to 2 on 1 and their 2nd goal, but he also drew 2 penalties and we scored 1 PP goal.

Reimer was ok, but not good or very good. We needed him to be at least good.

The key of the game was obviously the sequence of the 3 glorious chances by Raymond, Petry and Copp. And instead of taking the 4-3 lead, they score the goal and take the 4-3 lead. Can the irony more merciless here?

And another turning point is their 3rd goal when one player pushes DeBrincat so "McNabb" or what is his name, scores their 3rd goal. That goal should have been disallowed and we should get a PP.

But the most important, Seider had maybe his best game in wings uniform
What a game by Seider!!! He was by far our best player.

Another bright point, we held without a shot in 3rd for 10 min and limit them to 5 shots

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Just like there's no pressure on Chris Ilitch to follow through on his promises of District Detroit, there's no pressure on Yzerman whatsoever.

There is no other general manager in a serious hockey market who would be allowed to go five years without a playoff appearance since taking over and have no pressure to start succeeding.
I'm also not positive regarding the way things are developing for us. However, I always ask myself what had to be done differently over the past 5 years. Actually, the only trade that he could have made to make is better is Eichel but we didn't have assets to do that.

The only thing is that maybe there was the need to delay building a team that would compete for the playoffs.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm also not positive regarding the way things are developing for us. However, I always ask myself what had to be done differently over the past 5 years. Actually, the only trade that he could have made to make is better is Eichel but we didn't have assets to do that.

The only thing is that maybe there was the need to delay building a team that would compete for the playoffs.
Yzerman had to tank another season and get a top 3/5 pick after getting Raymond. It seems he gave in under the pressure.
I think Yzerman is building the which will peak at reaching conference finals.

I was pushing for bringing Mantha back, it was for free. Yzerman chose not to. He keeps Fabbri who has like 1 goal in his last 20 games, and Copp and Compher with 1 goal in their last 10 games combined.
Mantha could at least start a fight in the game vs the Coyotes and a fight was badly needed in that lifeless game. Yzerman also chose to trade away the lone player on the roster who is willing to drop the gloves.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I just watched the replay of their 3rd goal. It was interference and that goal had to be disallowed. Their player pushes DeBrincat out of the way and McNabb gets the open lane to shoot and scores. How come Lalonde didn't see it?

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3