GDT: Game 64: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
Does everybody know that if a team pulls their goalie in OT and the opposing teams scores a goal in the empty net that the team that pulled the goalie loses the OT point? I did not know this! It was just discussed on PTI.

Reactions: Cmox

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Does everybody know that if a team pulls their goalie in OT and the opposing teams scores a goal in the empty net that the team that pulled the goalie loses the OT point? I did not know this! It was just discussed on PTI.
I think Friedman mentioned someone asking about this strategy and the possibility of losing the point all the way back when Laviolette was coaching the Islanders, and Laviolette knew about it, so it's been around for at least 20 years now. I had no idea about it until today lol.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He's just off. Simple passes on the PP are a foot out of reach, never makes the right decision along the boards on the PP, things he used to be pretty good at are a struggle for him. Wonder if his personal life legal issues are weighing on him, wouldn't be surprised if they are.
1AD9C544-B2FD-4DDD-9C4B-24FFC03EA875.png

Panarin skating to the right half wall boards to corral another Zib one timer that went 10 feet wide

• Haha
Reactions: Svenhart2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad