GDT: Game 64: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5721.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5718.jpeg

New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils
7pm ET, MSG
IMG_5679.gif
IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5720.png

Devils Projected Line up

Ondrej Palat -- Nico Hischier -- Timo Meier
Jack Hughes -- Erik Haula -- Jesper Bratt
Chris Tierney -- Curtis Lazar -- Dawson Mercer
Kurtis MacDermid -- Tomas Nosek -- Alexander Holtz

Jonas Siegenthaler -- John Marino
Kevin Bahl -- Brendan Smith
Luke Hughes -- Simon Nemec

Kaapo Kahkonen
Nico Daws

Scratched:
Nolan Foote, Nick DeSimone, Jake Allen
Injured: Dougie Hamilton (torn pectoral muscle)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Ryan Lindgren -- Chad Ruhwedel
Zac Jones -- Erik Gustafsson

Jonathan Quick
Igor Shesterkin

Scratched:
Jonny Brodzinski
Injured: Jacob Trouba (lower body), Adam Fox (illness)

IMG_5569.gif

IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_5724.gif
IMG_4627.gif

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." --Sun Tzu

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You know Bastian and Meier will be running around all game, especially with Trouba out. Schneider should nail Meier early like he did Buch last night to get him off his game. That pair with Miller need to step up in this one. Our newfound skating with Ros & Wenn will help us keep up better I think. Rempe should just play his game and not fight McDermid in anything staged, its exactly what the Devils want. Only fight if its to change the momentum on our end or happens organically.

Im happy to see fighting in hockey having a bit of a renaissance. I watched Foligno & McCarron go at it early in the Wild/Preds game an it set the tone for a great one. 4-3 OT win between 2 teams fighting for a spot. Fighting is interesting to the mainstream audience as we've seen with how popular MMA is. If the NHL wants to grow, fighting is not something they should be ashamed of.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
The Devils won't roll over and give up like St. Louis did. If we can limit them in a similar way that we did the Blues, then we may be onto something here.
I truly thought there was a noticable difference vs the Blues. They are a bubble team at best but not roll overs. I think they played a full 60 and truly controlled the game vs how they would play 40 and will their way there beforehand.

Ros looks more comfortable then Wennberg but boy does the lineup feel so much more complete. Can't wait for the game tonight.

I woke up last Friday ready for a trade but I'm actually glad we stayed out of that arms race.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Possible letdown game here for sure. We should keep the tailor's tape put away until after the game is over. :laugh:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is a huge game for the Devils. They can’t afford to lose any more ground to the other playoff hopefuls in the East. The Rangers sight is probably more on the next game against the Canes but I don’t think they overlook this test either. Who’s in goal tonight?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is a huge game for the Devils. They can’t afford to lose any more ground to the other playoff hopefuls in the East. The Rangers sight is probably more on the next game against the Canes but I don’t think they overlook this test either. Who’s in goal tonight?

Devils are cooked.

They basically need to win out. I think I saw that they can afford basically 4 losses the rest of the way if they want to get in. Now it doesn't always play out that way and teams on the bubble go hot and cold all the time (Detroit was white hot and now they can't win a game, Isles look like they'll never lose again but in 2 weeks their fans will be burying Lou and Co. again when they cool off) but they've got way too much ground to make up to really be able to afford much more than that.

Rangers need to take this one seriously. I feel like they RARELY match the intensity level of their opponents in these games. It's a relatively easy win if you go out there and actually try to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad