GDT: Game 64: New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gus did a very good job running the power play when Fox was out the 10 games earlier in the year. That's a lot missing from the RD if Fox can't play and if he can't play tomorrow against Carolina that's a concern.

Between Jones and Miller on PWP 2 I'd probably lean towards Zac. He's just smoother with the puck. Keep in mind though that it's a result based thing and that's why Fox is almost always getting the opportunity....he produces results.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Wow coach loves Rempe. He's not coming out anytime soon. Lol
1710179417108.gif

Laviolette when asked about Rempe

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Would be funny if Rempe continues to run around but then also completely ignore kermit mcdermit
And McDermid refusing to fight Rempe for the bBastian thing. Only for stuff since he joined the team. No grandfathering of events.

Reactions: Lua

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The devils will be much more difficult of an opponent than st. Louis despite their inability to win games. I'm intrigued to see how Wennberg and Roslovic help against a team that plays extremely fast.
Especially Mika's line in general.

Because I felt like in the playoffs last year they struggled once the Devils turned up the pace, not to mention all teams turning it up once the playoffs hit.

I think with Rosy, he doesn't need to try to do to much. Off the rush and when hes got the puck - just do your thing. Hes got talent. Wire some wristers, get to the net. Stretch the zone for the other 2.

Its the play away from the puck specifically in the offensive zone on the forecheck, falling back into the right positions and trapping opponents on the breakouts, forcing giveaways, angling the puck to the near boards on changes (especially in the 2nd period on the long change), hard backchecks with purpose. Using his speed, but reading the play and darting at the right times.

Its just as much patience & focus as it is reckless quickness.

Little things that will be important in the playoffs. There are too many one and done's with the Bromance™ - and its really just about sustaining offensive pressure and not falling away from the play resulting in easy entires for the opposition.

Mar 26, 2004
If it was the other way around, and one of our guys got thrown in a dumpster the last time we played, we would want our brand new tough guy to make the aggressor answer for it. Literally the only reason they got the guy. It’s not quite the same as a staged fight.

That said, I love Rempe, and I certainly don’t want a 21-year-old kid to have to fight grown men on the last leg of their careers.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rempe reminds me of Avery.

Obviously, different players, but he has that same momentum-changing presence.

And so far, he has the analytics to back it up where you can point to it and say "look, the team is legitimately better when he's out there."

He gets the crowd going, he can a shift at this level, and if he's smart, he'll draw penalties.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the organization has a bit of a misconception. Kreider-Zibanejad-Whatever is a good line. And like I always say, a big part of that is because Kreider, Bonino, and a blowup doll would have a 52% goal share. It's Kreider.

They haven't been a great line since they had Buchnevich. Buchnevich brought the speed, entries, and playmaking that the other two lack.

Roslovic is the first add since Buchnevich that actually profiles well to be on that line. Vatrano and Tarasenko were just a third shooter fighting over one puck. They were horrible fits. Kakko and Vesey can at least play defense and do "dirty work" for that line but they don't fill the offensive gaps.

I hope Roslovic can be the facilitator that line needs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rempe reminds me of Avery.

Obviously, different players, but he has that same momentum-changing presence.

And so far, he has the analytics to back it up where you can point to it and say "look, the team is legitimately better when he's out there."

He gets the crowd going, he can a shift at this level, and if he's smart, he'll draw penalties.

Also seems like a good human being and not an utter scumbag so that helps. If he's as good as Avery on offense he'll be a fantastic asset.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Also seems like a good human being and not an utter scumbag so that helps. If he's as good as Avery on offense he'll be a fantastic asset.
Avery very rarely made boneheaded offensive zone plays. If anything, he was extremely conservative and it worked out pretty well. I always thought Avery was a good hockey player. Rempe hasn't made any boneheaded offensive plays yet either. He might be too afraid to take dumb risks and that is a good thing.

On Saturday, the 4th line reminded me of the Anisimov, Shelley, Prust line that dominated at the end of 2010.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Avery very rarely made boneheaded offensive zone plays. If anything, he was extremely conservative and it worked out pretty well. I always thought Avery was a good hockey player. Rempe hasn't made any boneheaded offensive plays yet either. He might be too afraid to take dumb risks and that is a good thing.

On Saturday, the 4th line reminded me of the Anisimov, Shelley, Prust line that dominated at the end of 2010.

I think Rempe will be a much better player than Rempe.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yup and he'll be looking for Rempe for paybacks on the Bastian thing.
I keep hearing this but I’m not sure I buy it. Rempe didn’t hunt down and injure a guy. He jumped on the ice, immediately had a guy coming up his lane, made a questionable hit and got tossed. The Devils guy wasn’t injured as far as I know.
I think most players would understand it’s over. Sounds more like fan hype. Devils needed a tough guy anyhow, in general. Should be business as usual I think.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I keep hearing this but I’m not sure I buy it. Rempe didn’t hunt down and injure a guy. He jumped on the ice, immediately had a guy coming up his lane, made a questionable hit and got tossed. The Devils guy wasn’t injured as far as I know.
I think most players would understand it’s over. Sounds more like fan hype. Devils needed a tough guy anyhow, in general. Should be business as usual I think.
He was rocked but not out for any games other than the third period of that game. But I think MacDermid was brought in just for this game. I don't think Rempe should fight him and Lavi can help it by keeping Rempe away from him but I think they'll go. I just hope the kid protects himself.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We need to get through these 2 games with at least 3 pts. Better yet, how about we get all 4?
7 games in 11 days, 9 in 15.
These 2 are the toughest, get through that then, every other day is what we are looking at in April.
We can do this! LGR's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad