GDT: Game 63: Red Wings at yotes 9:00 pm et 3/8/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Good news , we have small chance to get Celebrini, he will turn this franchise around.
For next season Berggren, Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Edvinsson, AJo , should be playing for big team and that will help us to get higher pick next season. 25-26 season try to bring depth, just like this season
Adding Danielson, Kasper, Berggre and Edvinsson and dumping whatever free agents or extra D we have to probably gets us into the playoffs next year.

Man, Berggren-Danielson-Kasper would be a fun 4th line.

This lineup is a pretty capable lineup:
Kane-Larkin-DBC
Raymond-Compher-Rasmussen
Veleno-Copp-Fabbri
Berggren-Danielson-Kasper
Fischer

By the end of the season one of Danielson or Kasper will hopefully be able to step in for Larkin when someone looks at him funny and his leg shatters or some shit.

Reactions: lilidk

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Adding Danielson, Kasper, Berggre and Edvinsson and dumping whatever free agents or extra D we have to probably gets us into the playoffs next year.

Man, Berggren-Danielson-Kasper would be a fun 4th line.

This lineup is a pretty capable lineup:
Kane-Larkin-DBC
Raymond-Compher-Rasmussen
Veleno-Copp-Fabbri
Berggren-Danielson-Kasper
Fischer

By the end of the season one of Danielson or Kasper will hopefully be able to step in for Larkin when someone looks at him funny and his leg shatters or some shit.
You don't know which other Wild Card teams will improve next season.

Also, the top teams in the East aren't going away anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel
Oct 18, 2006
According to one guy on Facebook, the Wings lost because of “puck luck”. I actually can’t…

• Haha
Reactions: 13to40

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
My analysis of the game, situation, trade deadline and coaching.

Yzerman. I think he made a mistake now for not making a deal and I also thought he made a mistake when he didn't tank another season after getting Raymond to try to get a top 3/5 pick. I also wonder how he will make roster spots for all these prospects. You can't just pile up the picks, you have to develop them too.
I have mentioned Mantha, he was given away for free. And if people think it is a bad idea, I definitely think it is much better than getting Holl in the lineup and going with 7-11.

The coach. After the loss to avs I placed the responsibility on Lalonde to get this team ready for this game. He obviously didn't. The team lost to MacKinnon, the guy was possessed, you could not stop him. Fine. But how do you find a way to lose 4-0 to Arizona?

I will single out Perron and Veleno. That penalty Perron took is enough to make him sit. That was so stupid play.
Veleno. His performance was the worst I have seen in a long time. In the 2 period when we were building momentum, he killed the momentum 2 times in the offensive on different shifts and once he made a turnover in the defensive zone and created momentum for the Coyotes. I can't remember a player killing the momentum as Veleno did it in this game.

Holl was ok. He made one great and impressive physical play. Last time he played he was pushed around by the players a half his size.

Raymond was again our best player. He is the only player who can create something. Kane was invisible. DeBrincat was unfortunately visible for missing chances.

Now we have to play an extremely desperate team which tries hard to turn their game around and we might be just what the doctor ordered.

Both teams are very desperate. It will be an interesting game.

Reactions: Sentinel

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Glad I tapped out after goal #4. The joint is good, I had a couple of laughs and I'm not even mad see ya tomorrow everyone, hope the team shows up for that one.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
You're right. A dman was my prefrence. But defensemen that wouldve brought significant improvement were not available for us. So when plan A doesnt work, go with the backup plan which should've been to round out the top six, if it doesnt cost a fortune. And our top six scoring is not our strength. Depth scoring is.
I don't see much purpose into spending assets for scoring which is a strength of this team especially since we likely cannot afford to re-sign him.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
So, not much has changed since those Ottawa games last season. We still can't dig deep when the time comes. I guess this year Stevie is going to let them try to sort it out on their own.
It’s eerily similar to last year, which is certainly depressing. Absolutely feels like we’re folding at a critical time in terms of making the playoffs, just like the dual Ottawa losses last March.

The upside is that 1) we are, by almost all measures, a better team than last season, and 2) we are mathematically closer to a playoff spot this season compared to the same time last season. So, there’s still hope. This team will have to dig very deep down the stretch to make it happen though.

Reactions: Go Wings

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Well, it was a nice season full of hopes, etc Unfortunately, it ended few days ago with Larkin injury. Exactly as I expected.

Honestly, it has to be alarming that with rebuild almost completed we have a SINGLE player that is reliable enough to drive his line. No one on the main roster or in the minors look even remotely comparable to Larkin. Other teams have 2-4 players like that or even better.

I'm afraid that Steve needs to start over again.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Well, it was a nice season full of hopes, etc Unfortunately, it ended few days ago with Larkin injury. Exactly as I expected.

Honestly, it has to be alarming that with rebuild almost completed we have a SINGLE player that is reliable enough to drive his line. No one on the main roster or in the minors look even remotely comparable to Larkin. Other teams have 2-4 players like that or even better.

I'm afraid that Steve needs to start over again.
It is not that bad.
Both Raymond and Seider tried last night.
Now it is the chance to see what we have in Raymond and Seider, but also in Veleno and Berggren.
Kane, Compher, Copp and Fabbri were completely invisible. Copp has been invisible for a long time.
Perron was visible but for the wrong reasons.

Raymond have been among the top 10/20 players in the league last 2 months. Hasn't he? There was one poster who shared the advanced stats which shows it.
Berggren seemed like he always produced something when he was on the ice last season.

The team is far better than the last year's team. I think it is to early to write them off and assess the season and the players.

I am looking forward to the game tonight. I will do the same as last night, go early to bed and get up 4 AM to watch the game.

Go Wings!

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
It is not that bad.
Both Raymond and Seider tried last night.
Now it is the chance to see what we have in Raymond and Seider, but also in Veleno and Berggren.
Kane, Compher, Copp and Fabbri were completely invisible. Copp has been invisible for a long time.
Perron was visible but for the wrong reasons.

Raymond have been among the top 10/20 players in the league last 2 months. Hasn't he? There was one poster who shared the advanced stats which shows it.
Berggren seemed like he always produced something when he was on the ice last season.

The team is far better than the last year's team. I think it is to early to write them off and assess the season and the players.

I am looking forward to the game tonight. I will do the same as last night, go early to bed and get up 4 AM to watch the game.

Go Wings!
That's the positive way of thinking, I like it and I do that myself as well. However, I also believe we need to face the truth which is upon us on the ice. With and without Larkin this team is completely different.

We also forget collectively what happens in the playoffs. Even with healthy Larkin it only takes on good 3rd line center to make our team easily beatable.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That's the positive way of thinking, I like it and I do that myself as well. However, I also believe we need to face the truth which is upon us on the ice. With and without Larkin this team is completely different.

We also forget collectively what happens in the playoffs. Even with healthy Larkin it only takes on good 3rd line center to make our team easily beatable.
Last 2 months we were 1 of the best teams in the league, top 3 or top 5. This has never been the case last 6-7 years.
Our offense has been top 3/5 all season long.
We have positive goal deferential, by a big margin too.
We beat Avs, Canucks and golden knights. We destroyed philly, caps, flames and blues outscoring them 22 to 4.
The last year's team was never close to these achievements.

The posters on this board are way too negative, they blow everything out of proportion in the negative direction.

Go early to bed, get up 5 AM and enjoy hockey.

Go wings!

Last edited:

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Damnit, why haven't we bugged SYs office so we can hear today's conversations. That'd be great. Maybe he'll hire some hitmen..

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You all need to touch some grass. So the team isn’t cruising into a divisional playoff seed. Oh no. Instead it will be a fight to make the wildcard.. just like expectations always were.
I touched grass and I'm still sad that the Red Wings lost. Do you have any other suggestions?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Glad I tapped out after goal #4. The joint is good, I had a couple of laughs and I'm not even mad see ya tomorrow everyone, hope the team shows up for that one.

same. When we couldn't convert on some of those chances in the 2nd, and then gave up that 4th goal...figured it was done.

Reactions: odin1981

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I just checked the stats

Compher struggled on faceoffs 2 games in a row. He was 33% last night, Rasmussen was 75%. They pla on the same line.
Holl led the team with 5 hits say the stats and he delivered the best hit of the game. No, I am not suggesting he should stay in the lineup, but if he has improved, he should replace someone who struggles

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I just checked the stats

Compher struggled on faceoffs 2 games in a row. He was 33% last night, Rasmussen was 75%. They pla on the same line.
Holl led the team with 5 hits say the stats and he delivered the best hit of the game. No, I am not suggesting he should stay in the lineup, but if he has improved, he should replace someone who struggles
Compher has been terrible at face offs all season.

These losses are on Lalonde. He has some weird forward lines at times. Playing Fischer as 4 line center is also a head scratcher.

Reactions: 14ari13

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
According to one guy on Facebook, the Wings lost because of “puck luck”. I actually can’t…
That’s all Ozzie kept saying too. There’s some truth to it but it wasn’t why they lost. Team defense was the laziest I’ve seen.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I remember arguing with somebody about how the Abdelkader contract was horrendous when it was signed and this guy thought we locked up Gordie Howe in his prime…. Facebook wings fans are just another breed of special…

I think this team needs to have an epiphany and wake the hell up. Playoffs are still within reach. Lots of pressure I would say falls on the leadership and f coach now to get the guys out of this funk.

I know somebody will immediately say that the coach can’t play and skate on the ice during the games and yes at the end of the day the players have to play to win, but it’s the coaches job to prepare them for the games, in this preparation includes having the team motivated and ready to go. Losing 8-2 and then 4-0 against the coyotes is not being motivated and or ready to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00