GDT: Game 63: Red Wings at yotes 9:00 pm et 3/8/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Need a win here. Let's Go Boys!

Reactions: lilidk

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Probably Reimer in net I guess. Hope he still has it. We need him. Need to stop this losing streak before it gets way out of hand.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
If Reimer is in net, after Lyon got pulled, I’m gonna…. well, I’m……

WELL I’M GONNA DO SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE PROBABLY WON’T LIKE MAYBE!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
it’s a cliche, but absolutely a must win
At the end of the day, it goes without saying that they need to grab the bull by the horns and play their cards right because it's an uphill battle to make the playoffs. They need to grab that low-hanging fruit and play like a bull in a china shop and every player needs to bring something to the table. It's a foregone conclusion that they need all hands on deck to win this one to avoid another nail in the coffin before their knight in shining armor, Larkin, returns to a hero's reception.

.... OK I'm done now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's a foregone conclusion that they need all hands on deck to win this one to avoid another nail in the coffin before their knight in shining armor, Larkin, returns to a hero's reception.
So you're saying that without Larkin to slot everybody correctly in the lineup, the whole roster is a bit of a Dekeyser.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
This team has played their hearts out on the toughest field of play there is - the hard unforgiving ice of the NHL. In this time of questioning adversity, with their captain down for the count and the flames of the hopes of reaching for the brass ring of Lord Stanley himself stoked to their highest point in nigh-on a decade, this group of talented individuals needs to come together as a unit, leave everything they have on the ice at the end of every day in a steaming pile of gloves and jock straps, and ignore everything but the next play and the next game; while at the same time acknowledging that they wouldn't even be where they are right now, let alone hoping to be where they could possibly be in the future, without their fans. Fans like us, who sling words on an opinion forum like our heroes sling pucks on the ice, and we'll never forget how much our hard words drive our heroes' hard play, each and every night. Or day. If it's an afternoon game. Which depending on time zone can be a pain in the butt, because I don't really know if it's OK to drink that much before noon while waiting for puck drop. I mean, I do it - I'm no commie - but I sometimes wonder if it's really right in the Pythonesque Descartes-ean "I drink therefore I am" sense.

Anyway, eff the 'yotes, sorry. Nothing personal. But they need to perish under the boot of vengeance and anger on Friday night.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I am not sure why people want lyon in tonight and reimer in tomorrow. It should be exactly the opposite.

Reimer can beat arizona, I don't know if reimer can beat vegas. Lyon can beat vegas. Plus I am going to the vegas game and would rather watch lyon in net.

Reactions: theYman

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I am not sure why people want lyon in tonight and reimer in tomorrow. It should be exactly the opposite.

Reimer can beat arizona, I don't know if reimer can beat vegas. Lyon can beat vegas. Plus I am going to the vegas game and would rather watch lyon in net.
I think they believe need this win more than tomorrow so go with your best

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think they believe need this win more than tomorrow so go with your best
Well they definitely need the win for tonight, that should go without saying, but the possibility of winning both games is a better choice because it isn't a 50/50 chance. It is more like 75/25 that we could win both games, provided we put forth the correct goalie matchup.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
If Reimer is in net, after Lyon got pulled, I’m gonna…. well, I’m……

WELL I’M GONNA DO SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE PROBABLY WON’T LIKE MAYBE!
You should be careful about overly definitive statements like that, probably. It could possibly turn out differently, but maybe I'm wrong.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Nice. That's a really nice arena. Was there Jan 2018 and saw them play the Rangers with a buddy of mine. He had tickets and we made a trip out of it. I was like Vegas hell yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad