GDT: Game 63: Red Wings at yotes 9:00 pm et 3/8/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
No but for real, if the Hart trophy was going with the true definition of an "MVP", Larkin would get some votes for sure. Insane how inept this team is without him. Even the Avs without Mackinnon you see Rantanen turn into god mode, or the Pens without Sid you had Malkin doing the same. Pretty sure the Leafs weren't nearly as bad when Matthews was out before...

But with Larkin this team looks like one of the best in the league, dangerous every night scoring many goals and can win against anyone... but without him it's like this team completely forgets how to play hockey. It's infuriating.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Yzerman said in the preseason that the kids had a shot at the team if they outplayed a vet. Both Edvinsson and Berggren did that, yet neither were given a spot.

Yzerman is not true to his word, and just says what he wants fans to hear in interviews.

Thats revisionist history

Berggren was terrible in the preseason. Edvinsson was coming off shoulder surgery

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Everyone sucked, but seeing Lyon get roasted doesn't bode well. I still don't get Oz saying he had no chance on that third goal. We see goalies make that save against us all the time, especially low. He wasn't even close.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
No but for real, if the Hart trophy was going with the true definition of an "MVP", Larkin would get some votes for sure. Insane how inept this team is without him. Even the Avs without Mackinnon you see Rantanen turn into god mode, or the Pens without Sid you had Malkin doing the same. Pretty sure the Leafs weren't nearly as bad when Matthews was out before...

But with Larkin this team looks like one of the best in the league, dangerous every night scoring many goals and can win against anyone... but without him it's like this team completely forgets how to play hockey. It's infuriating.
That is what stinks right now, when we are forced to slot guy up in the lineup, seems like everyone gets worse.

Makes me wonder, even with all the questionable play from Seider, if he were to go down, and everyone had to slot up on the blue line, we could possibly have an even worse tailspin.

We have mid player depth, but we are severely lacking in star talent depth that can step up and carry the team. I realize, star talent is much harder to find or develop.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
That is what stinks right now, when we are forced to slot guy up in the lineup, seems like everyone gets worse.

Makes me wonder, even with all the questionable play from Seider, if he were to go down, and everyone had to slot up on the blue line, we could possibly have an even worse tailspin.

We have mid player depth, but we are severely lacking in star talent depth that can step up and carry the team. I realize, star talent is much harder to find or develop.
True but that doesn't explain the entire team sucking so much. It does to a certain extent, but not against a depleted Coyotes team when we are in the hunt for a playoff spot...

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
It's gotta be the patch right? At this point it'd be nice to be back in the playoffs but after these last few games and nothing happening at deadline, let's see what a few of the younger guys have, is that an option? I'd even bring Cossa up for a game screw it. Ed, Berggren, Wallinder, Aljo, Kasper, Mazur, Cossa all guys the are projected to make the big club.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Not sure how you justify not bringing up Berggren and Ed both at this point. If you’re not going to trade you have to do something.

Reactions: 14ari13

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The December tailspin had a "get right" game against the Ducks, and the same thing happened, down 4-0 and ended up losing.

Same thing here, "get right" game and they came out lifeless. I could go into the blame game and reasons why it shouldn't happen stuff, but that won't solve anything. Things just suck right now. Feels like they shouldn't even both going to Vegas.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Yes it's certainly not over but it's maddening watching the Arizona Coyotes make this team their bitch when these are the exact games the Wings need to win.

I also can't say I understand how running 11-7 is the right move when your best forward is out of the lineup.
Yzerman: We felt we didn't need to make any moves because of our depth in Grand Rapids.

Also Yzerman: Imma play the guys I tried to cap dump at the deadline instead of those guys lmfao

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Good news , we have small chance to get Celebrini, he will turn this franchise around.
For next season Berggren, Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Edvinsson, AJo , should be playing for big team and that will help us to get higher pick next season. 25-26 season try to bring depth, just like this season

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Good game to have missed by the looks of things. Need 2 points tomorrow or making the playoffs will be a thought of the past…

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
So, not much has changed since those Ottawa games last season. We still can't dig deep when the time comes. I guess this year Stevie is going to let them try to sort it out on their own.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad