GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at hawks 7:00 pm et 10/24/21 (BSD, NHLN)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
WhenVrana returns you bump Fabbri down to line 3 to give us two solid scoring lines, help Zadina out a bit un hopes he gets going while also adding more skill to line 3

Would be interesting to see

Vrana - Rasmussen - Zadina
Fabbri - Suter - Erne

Doesn't matter which one is the 2nd or 3rd line. Use them smart way. Maybe Rasmussen as a good faceoff guy from own and, and Vrana making speedy transition. Suter line could start from offensive end.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Is Seider kinda slow. I remember him be fast in SHL.
If you look at statistics , Larkin did not dominate on faceoff, but in the game I saw him winning almost everything.
Bertuzzi is the most important important player on the team , I believe.
Ned was great , save of the year, I think
It was second game in 2 days and they played like that , I like this team

Seems to me he moves like Lidstrom. Doesn't look fast because his stride is so smooth and effortless.

Reactions: Henkka and lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Let's wait for the real reasons, and not these conspiracy theories.

This DeKeyser hate agenda is just ridiculous.

People really can't live in a world without scapegoats?
No, I want to stir the pot. That's what we're all here for, lol.

And no, we always need a spacegoat. That's what we do here.

I did post that as somewhat of a joke, but I also believe DDK, Stecher, and Oesterle are the 3 worst Dmen on the roster. Meanwhile Staal lead the team at +4 last night. Slow and steady Staal gets props again, lol. Didn't do anything spectacular, no points, but just holds his own. Can't really ask much out of a bottom pair D, well worth his $2M/1 yr contract if his old legs last the whole season.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i think you need to ride the ride and leave Raymond up all year. if he slumps, bench him one night and let him take a break. But when he's on, he's dynamic and deadly. That line is pretty fun, about as fun as when Bert Larks and Mantha were rolling a few years back. Potential to be better/different.

love Seider so far.

team needs to sort this Hronek stuff out, though. Personally assuming he broke some team violation and hes benched for it. If its something else, sort it out quickly.

Reactions: 14ari13

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Was Ed Balfour commentating. Seems to me he was making fun of the Wings last year after the Hawks thumped us. He said they were way ahead of the wings in the rebuild

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I get so frustrated with zadina because he has games where he is all over the ice like against columbus and creates several high scoring chances and then games where he is invisible. He still isn’t thinking the game fast enough to be a high end forward in the league despite the skill. You can tell raymond processes the game faster and better than zadina, that’s his biggest issue.

Reactions: Crunchy

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
The only reason would be that the problem for Vrana in Washington was not enough ice time and he wasn't happy there because of it. He is likely a 60 point a season or better player if he gets a chance. You got him to finally give him a chance to put his talents to use. That's whole the issue. If you put him on the second line is he going to want to go to another team where he can play on the first line?

If Raymond takes his spot though, then Raymond takes his spot. That's just how it goes. Raymond is going to have to be pretty good to for it to get to a point where you don't even give Vrana a chance. The ideal situation for us is that Raymond does become that good. It's kind of a "good problem to have." But it leaves a question about Vrana.
If he is a mainstay on the first pp (something he never was in Washington) and is the offensive catalyst for a formidable second line, I think (hope) that should please him. I suppose it will depend upon how well he and Zadina click on the ice together.

Reactions: DetroitRed

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I get so frustrated with zadina because he has games where he is all over the ice like against columbus and creates several high scoring chances and then games where he is invisible. He still isn’t thinking the game fast enough to be a high end forward in the league despite the skill. You can tell raymond processes the game faster and better than zadina, that’s his biggest issue.

One thing what is great in these fast thinkers, they usually care about teammates and try to fix them too. Or, the slow thinker notices his weakness and will start to care how to develop his game. Because it's a team sport with systems, and they see that's the right way to go. Others will try to catch that and adjust. And the teammate can help him. Great players create the great culture. Raymond and Seider are doing that. They will pull Zadina also out from his career hole at some point.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
If he is a mainstay on the first pp (something he never was in Washington) and is the offensive catalyst for a formidable second line, I think (hope) that should please him. I suppose it will depend upon how well he and Zadina click on the ice together.
Then there is the question of Fabbri, who also has a lot of talent.. The way Suter has started, maybe bring Veleno up and center the second line with Fabbri for US games like this:
Canada
  • 1st line: Vrana / Larkin / Raymond
  • 2nd line: Fabbri / Veleno / Zadina
  • 3rd line: Namestnikov / Rasmussen / Erne
  • 4th line: Gagner / Stephens-Suter / Rowney
US
  • 1st line: Bertuzzi / Larkin / Raymond
  • 2nd line: Vrana / Fabbri / Zadina
  • 3rd line: Namestnikov / Veleno / Rasmussen
  • 4th line: Erne / Stephens-Suter / Gagner
Extras: Smith + Stephens or Suter and sometimes Rowney

Last edited: