GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at hawks 7:00 pm et 10/24/21 (BSD, NHLN)

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Thank you for this. Good to see the replay up close. I was yelling a whole bunch about this from my seat. Telling Debrincat to go back to the lollipop guild. Hawks fans were unappreciative of my Munchkinland references but they also didn't know who Seider was, so eff them.

Ref protected this guy so he wouldn’t get crushed

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I like Razor, but he's still gotta add some bulk. He got abused last night. I am impressed that he's willing to go to the hard areas despite the abuse he knows he's gonna take. Completely mugged after the second goal tonight, then Larkin lands on him too.

*whistle* Mis-characterization of the play here. Raymond went to the hard area, endured the rough stuff in the process of scoring that goal. Kudos to him, big time. He wasn't mugged afterward, he simply paid the price for going to a hard area. And Larkin arrived only to congratulate him, he didn't land on him in an abusive way. That was a pretty reassuring play in the context of a rookie who some have labeled as "soft."

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Vrana, Larkin, Raymond when in Canada. That's settled.

When Bert is around? I feel like Larkin and Bertuzzi are a thing.

Vrana, you got him to be on the first line, but yeah, how do you move Raymond? The good part is it's not a decision we have to make for over three months. At that point, you could let Raymond and Vrana play for it if it's an issue. But maybe Larkin will just be say no, I want Raymond up with me, after playing together all season.
I'd like to see some Vrana and Zadina together on the second line; a na-na line, if you will. Raymond looks like he fits well on the first line, why change it up.

Power plays will be interesting. I suppose Vrana takes Gagne's place on the first unit, though I'd like to see Rasmussen given a real chance there some time before the return of Vrana. Seems that unit had Seider with them tonight, which I very much like. I didn't bother to watch the Montreal game, so not sure if last night was the first time.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
*whistle* Mis-characterization of the play here. Raymond went to the hard area, endured the rough stuff in the process of scoring that goal. Kudos to him, big time. He wasn't mugged afterward, he simply paid the price for going to a hard area. And Larkin arrived only to congratulate him, he didn't land on him in an abusive way. That was a pretty reassuring play in the context of a rookie who some have labeled as "soft."
Freeze frame (15 sec into video), this is where the puck crossed the line (red crcle):
Raymond Goal 2.JPG

Also, if you watch the video, Larkin trips over the goalie:

Edit: No doubt both players initiated the process while he was trying to score, but none of the actual contact happened until after the puck crossed, which is why I worded it the way I did.

Plus I have the advantage of looking at this on my big computer screen and you're probably on your phone.

Have a nice night, I bet it was fun mocking the Chicago crowd.

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Freeze frame (15 sec into video), this is where the puck crossed the line (red crcle):
View attachment 473878

Also, if you watch the video, Larkin trips over the goalie:

Yep, that's exactly how those types of go-to-the-net goals are scored. There is a follow-through, and it is expected. I'm just pushing back a little on the idea he needs to add bulk because of that goal. I do agree he needs to bulk up, but I think the necessary bulking up is inevitable, and nothing to stress over given his age. But that goal? That's simply a go-to-the-net and get plowed-over goal. As opposed to being anything to worry about, it's a good sign that Raymond isn't afraid to pay a price at the goal mouth.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yep, that's exactly how those types of go-to-the-net goals are scored. There is a follow-through, and it is expected. I'm just pushing back a little on the idea he needs to add bulk because of that goal. I do agree he needs to bulk up, but I think the necessary bulking up is inevitable, and nothing to stress over given his age. But that goal? That's simply a go-to-the-net and get plowed-over goal. As opposed to being anything to worry about, it's a good sign that Raymond isn't afraid to pay a price at the goal mouth.
I just edited my post, we're arguing semantics on that.

He needs to bulk up so he can take the punishment is all I'm saying. A smaller guy is gonna get hurt eventually if he continues to pay the price. And yes, I agree, it's a damn good sign. It's what I want Zadina to do, I harped on that all of last season. Raymond can actually shoot well enough to play a perimeter game, Zadina does not.

Reactions: jaster

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Thank you for this. Good to see the replay up close. I was yelling a whole bunch about this from my seat. Telling Debrincat to go back to the lollipop guild. Hawks fans were unappreciative of my Munchkinland references but they also didn't know who Seider was, so eff them.

Only thing that would make this better is video.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Thanks.

I did ratchet it up in the 3rd and, I think, did about 5 more "Let's go Red Wings" chants. Hawks fans weren't that bad actually. I mean, I definitely got cursed at. But I think they were pretty resigned to their team's utter mediocrity by that point :laugh:

I don't know about their fans, but their announcers are awesome.

I'm buzzing. So. Some notes.....

DDK.... oof. He's worse in person than on TV right now. I mostly feel bad because I think he could fill a bottom-pairing role semi-adequately. But as a top-4 he's getting brutalized. Because he absolutely sucks as a top-4 (no news there). Staal is simply better, and while he also, in a vacuum, shouldn't be used as a top-4, I can't figure out why he's used in a smaller role than DDK.

Zadina.... man. I just want so badly to be about this kid. But so much of the criticism is true. There is still time. But where I used to think this was a guy where the offense could run through him, he's clearly more complementary than I thought when we picked him. Too many plays die with him. Simply-put, the decision-making is limiting his upside. He can still have value. But it's difficult to see him as a play driver.

Hronek..... two games in a row?? What the heck is going on?

Seider.... just sick. I'm here to continue the hype. I couldn't be more excited about this kid, and it was a pleasure watching him in person.

Raymond.... ya'll saw the same as I did. In this case, I don't think the in-person viewing added much to the TV viewing. The legend grows.

Hawks fans HATE their coach right now. Even the ushers were trolling him as they came around after the game ended. For as much as we Wings fans gripe about Blashill, the Colliton hate I heard was another level.

Seider and Razor are already the impact players on this team. They have been ones of the best players through 1st 6 games.

Fire Blashill. :)

"Frölunda killed Raymond's offense."

What else does this board know better? :laugh:

Often the opposite of right.

Why is Hronek a healthy scratch? No way he has been bad enough for that.

He had one bad play which directly lead to the goal.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'd like to see some Vrana and Zadina together on the second line; a na-na line, if you will. Raymond looks like he fits well on the first line, why change it up.

Power plays will be interesting. I suppose Vrana takes Gagne's place on the first unit, though I'd like to see Rasmussen given a real chance there some time before the return of Vrana. Seems that unit had Seider with them tonight, which I very much like. I didn't bother to watch the Montreal game, so not sure if last night was the first time.
The only reason would be that the problem for Vrana in Washington was not enough ice time and he wasn't happy there because of it. He is likely a 60 point a season or better player if he gets a chance. You got him to finally give him a chance to put his talents to use. That's whole the issue. If you put him on the second line is he going to want to go to another team where he can play on the first line?

If Raymond takes his spot though, then Raymond takes his spot. That's just how it goes. Raymond is going to have to be pretty good to for it to get to a point where you don't even give Vrana a chance. The ideal situation for us is that Raymond does become that good. It's kind of a "good problem to have." But it leaves a question about Vrana.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
WhenVrana returns you bump Fabbri down to line 3 to give us two solid scoring lines, help Zadina out a bit un hopes he gets going while also adding more skill to line 3

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Is Seider kinda slow. I remember him be fast in SHL.
If you look at statistics , Larkin did not dominate on faceoff, but in the game I saw him winning almost everything.
Bertuzzi is the most important important player on the team , I believe.
Ned was great , save of the year, I think
It was second game in 2 days and they played like that , I like this team

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Because Blash is in love with DDK, DDK played for him at Western.

I'm wondering if Hronek asked for a different partner, and told Blash that DDK sucks, lol.

Let's wait for the real reasons, and not these conspiracy theories.

This DeKeyser hate agenda is just ridiculous.

People really can't live in a world without scapegoats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad