Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Boston @ Toronto - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The more I think about it, the more I'm pleased with how the last 10 minutes went. I'm thinking it does two things. First it keeps the leafs humble and aware that they mustn't get the least bit cocky over the win. Second, it's gotta make the bruins wonder what they need to do to score and rattle their confidence somewhat.
Sure is nice to be watching on the edge of my seat though. I almost forgot what I feels like to be this wrapped up in a game.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Seguin still has time to improve but to clarify the stats...

5 GP, 5 with no points this year
7 GP, 5 with no points last year
13 GP, 11 with no points two years ago

Of his 25 playoff games, he's only had points in 4 of them.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Leafs are 0-2 in the playoffs wearing that third jersey. Don't use it!

Go Leafs Go! Rare Sunday game for the Buds.

Perhaps rare overall, but not that rare for the playoffs. The Leafs have played a Sunday game in about 80% of the playoff series they have played since 1993.

As for the jersey nonsense -- who cares. Surely you cannot believe that the jersey worn has any effect on the results of the game.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I love this team. Because they are a team. We don't have mega superstars, we're weak in so many key areas and everyone keeps spitting on them. But they just keep going at it. Going FOR it.

that last 10 minutes, was critical I think, because while we turtle (something Randy wants us to do) we don't really know how to turtle WELL yet. But that gets better with practice. Someone said it up thread: the Leafs pretty much let Boston camp in their zone for ten minutes, had a powerplay, and then had a 6-5 for 90 seconds and still couldn't generate that tying goal.

HUGE for us.
that would be in my head if I were Boston.

The Leafs are going to have to come out there hard and keep the 1st period scoreless, or at least have the lead and then again have a SPECTACULAR second period. that's where we've lost all the games so far, and that's where we've got to make sure tey don't have a chance.

Braggadocio

Mar 18, 2010
Ottawa
leafheaded.blogspot.com
Leafs are 0-2 in the playoffs wearing that third jersey. Don't use it!

Go Leafs Go! Rare Sunday game for the Buds.

I believe that the NHL only allows teams to wear two jerseys during the playoffs. Seeing as the Leafs have already used their third jersey, I don't think they could change to the normal home jersey even if they wanted to.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
win it for jon snow

6pAibSm.jpg

That's awesome. :handclap:

It's time to get our first playoff win at home in 9 years.

Fun fact: Joe Bowen lurks HFBoards. I was listening to the beginning of the last game on the radio as I was driving home from work, and Bowen made a "Burn the boats" reference. Coincidence? I think not.

GrabsOverHabs

Apr 7, 2013
I have a lot of faith in our offense. We have been unlucky not to score more in every game we've played. The question is which defense shows up today?

GrabsOverHabs

Apr 7, 2013

Fun fact: Joe Bowen lurks HFBoards. I was listening to the beginning of the last game on the radio as I was driving home from work, and Bowen made a "Burn the boats" reference. Coincidence? I think not.

Burn the boats was written on the wall in the Leafs' dressing room. Could he have just been referencing that?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I love this team. Because they are a team. We don't have mega superstars, we're weak in so many key areas and everyone keeps spitting on them. But they just keep going at it. Going FOR it.

that last 10 minutes, was critical I think, because while we turtle (something Randy wants us to do) we don't really know how to turtle WELL yet. But that gets better with practice. Someone said it up thread: the Leafs pretty much let Boston camp in their zone for ten minutes, had a powerplay, and then had a 6-5 for 90 seconds and still couldn't generate that tying goal.

HUGE for us.
that would be in my head if I were Boston.

The Leafs are going to have to come out there hard and keep the 1st period scoreless, or at least have the lead and then again have a SPECTACULAR second period. that's where we've lost all the games so far, and that's where we've got to make sure tey don't have a chance.

We seem to play a bit looser at home, we have to tighten that up a bit in the second period tonight. I loved the first 40 minutes on Friday, if we can duplicate that then we're probably looking at a game 7

parker171*

What percentage of teams come back from a 3-2 deficit? I know 3-1 was like 9%

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
What percentage of teams come back from a 3-2 deficit? I know 3-1 was like 9%

I don't know, and don't care about the percentages.. the boys just need to focus winning one shift at a time.

We need to go in with the mentality of protecting our house and not getting home swept on national TV in our own barn - the looks on the Isles' faces last night should give them motivation enough.

I want to see that desperation and drive in Game 4's OT and for the first 40 minutes of Game 5 for a full 60 tonight.

Just 12 hours away..

Happy Mothers Day to all mothers!!!

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada

He screamed it after they won too. I listened to the end of the game on the radio on my drive in to work. Man that guy gets into the game. He could barely talk. It was awesome.

It's on the wall in the dressing room but that being said I wouldn't be surprised if he lurked or even posted here from time to time.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
The Leafs will force game 7!!

I have to go to bed at 8 pm, wake up at 1:15 am, go to bed after the gake and get up at 6 for work. Because it's the Cup!

I have the same feeling like on Friday,and it isa good one!!

Go Leafs Go!!

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
The Leafs will force game 7!!

I have to go to bed at 8 pm, wake up at 1:15 am, go to bed after the gake and get up at 6 for work. Because it's the Cup!

I have the same feeling like on Friday,and it isa good one!!

Go Leafs Go!!

Why do you have to get up at 1:15am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad